IonGoG Wishlist (plus GetGOG Wishlist)

TheSaint

For my newer companion program, GetGOG Wishlist, see Post #14.

An adaption of an adaption.

A good while back, I created a program, KindEbook Wishlist, that I use most days and is still available here at the forum. It works well, keeping tabs on price changes for Kindle ebooks at Amazon ... at least for my modest wants.

About a year or so later, I struck upon the idea of adapting that program for CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays etc from the JB Hifi store, where there was a limit of about 50 items on the in-store wishlist. JB Wishlist is kind of a niche program, really only suitable for those from AUS, at the AutoIt Forum, who would want such a thing ... so not many I imagine, so it has never been available here. However, if you meet that criteria etc, and are willing to register at the AutoIt4Life Clubrooms, then it is available in the Project Chat section there ... though not the more recent updates (you need to ask me about them). That too, works quite well for my modest needs, and even includes an additional Preview & Summary window, which KindEbook Wishlist doesn't have ... though both programs do have access to a Details window per item, that is like the Preview window ... just doesn't constantly display alongside the Main program window (see later for an example with IonGoG Wishlist).

So, now we come to IonGoG Wishlist, which is an adaption of the JB Wishlist program, and used for keeping tabs on GOG Games ... prices, history of changes, bought list, etc.

IonGoG Wishlist is an incomplete adaption, so still in beta ... though all the really important elements work well enough. I have been working on it in dribs and drabs, and I now think it has come to a reasonable enough stage to share it ... just be advised, that some of the features accessed via the right-click menu etc, may not work or give strange results. Any of the options that I have given an Accelerator key facility to, should be working fine ... and most of the others are too ... and I am not even sure at this point, of what remains to be adapted ... not much I imagine.

The name by the way, in case you were wondering, is a phonetic mangling on the words - keep an Eye On your GOG Wishlist.

Here is a screenshot, with the Preview window on left. The Preview window can be placed at right instead or even turned off.

IonGoG_main.png

Download, includes source files.

IonGoG Wishlist v0.0_b28.zip  (see detail at Post#23)

Enjoy!

OLDER DOWNLOADS

Spoiler

IonGoG Wishlist v0.0_b8.zip  (27 downloads)

IonGoG Wishlist v0.0_b13.zip  -  Notes (Post #6)  (160 downloads)

IonGoG Wishlist v0.0_b14.zip  -    (see detail at Post #10)  (78 downloads)

IonGoG Wishlist v0.0_b17.zip  -    (see detail & screenshot at Post #12)  (19 downloads)

IonGoG Wishlist v0.0_b20.zip  (see detail & screenshot at Post #13) (66 downloads)

IonGoG Wishlist v0.0_b21.zip  (see detail at Post#16) (52 downloads)

IonGoG Wishlist v0.0_b25.zip  (see detail at Post#21(44 downloads)

SUPPLEMENTARY

I have another program that GOG users may be interested in, that can assist with getting game images that IonGoG Wishlist gets and doesn't get ... larger versions taken from modified thumbnail links in their GOG Library.

Downloads Dropbox  (see the GOG example in Post #7)

ADDENDUM

In reality, compared to most stores I have come across, the GOG store is great, well setup and laid out. and for most things, including their Wishlist, is more than adequate. So I rarely do a full list Price Query ... so much quicker and easier to just check the two pages of my in-store wishlist. When I first started work on IonGoG Wishlist, the in-store wishlist wasn't as good as it is now.

All that said, I still find it handy to use IonGoG Wishlist, for a variety of things - Offline browsing, Cover images to use with my bought & downloaded game folders, price changes history (and patterns of GOG behavior for sales etc), a bought list (with price I paid and date etc), Game Notes & Warnings, etc. And while not as quick as just checking the pages of your in-store wishlist, you can just set the full, favorites or non-favorites Query going, while you go away and do something else, and then later come back and look at the highlighted changes that may have occurred.

Edited by TheSaint

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Reserved

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Good work, a great program, I might use it but I am not really into games, GoG is awesome though, got many freebies overtime :D.

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

3 minutes ago, TheDcoder said:

but I am not really into games

:blink: who you kidding. :P

Pull the other one ... no not that one, the other one, the one that plays Jingle Bells, not Jingle Balls. :lmao:

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

IonGoG Wishlist has been updated to v0.0_b13, see first post.

For now, IonGoG Wishlist is in a BETA condition, so not all fixes or adaptions or new features (unless significantly unique) will be listed or mentioned.

(v0.0_b13)
This includes all changes made since v0.0_b08.
Bugfix for unwanted blank lines in Comments.
Bugfix for Price not found or non digits, plus related code improvements.
Bugfix at program start for program window being off-screen (including Preview window).
Export & Import options added for a User (Settings and Files). Import has two methods for any updating required (complete or only specific changes with prompting for other elements if found).
Genre column can now optionally be a Series column (toggled on Settings window at bottom).
More accelerator keys added, for features like - Sweet Price, Warning, Add Series, Skip in Query ALL, etc.
When ADDING a new game to the list, a Series name can be manually added (based on the Game name by default, but modifiable either then or later). The column sort is handy when you want dissimilar named games in a series to be sorted together. Ideal sorting will often require a trailing number in the field, indicating position in a series (i.e. Quake 1).
Slicker loading and clearing of lists has now been implemented for all the features that should require it (when the Slicker Visuals option is enabled).
A new option to check for a Series Discount Price (if it exists) has also been added, which will be in place of the usual reported price during a Query. On first use of this version, you will be prompted about using this new feature, which has not had much testing to-date. The option can be turned ON or OFF via the program Settings window.

IMPORT & EXPORT NOTES
Exporting can be a great way to externally share your bought list with family & friends. Typically by default, a user called 'John' will have a bought list named 'John (b)' created when the 'Relocate all Bought items' (right-click) menu option is used. You set an item as Bought, by using either the CTRL+B accelerator key for selected entry or the right-click menu option. To Export a specific user list, load that list in the program, then use the right-click (USERS -> Export current User & Image data) option to save to a selected folder location, the user's settings files (i.e. John (b).ini and Comments.txt) plus related image files for every game on that list. You then share that folder with your relative or friend who also has the IonGoG Wishlist program installed. That person uses the program's Import feature (USERS -> Import or update a User & Image data) on the list's right-click menu.

***WARNING*** - To prevent overwriting (replacing) or updating the wrong user list (where you have more than one user with the same name), it is important, that you rename the user INI file first (the one you are importing), perhaps using a nickname instead or adding a surname to make it unique (i.e. John Smith (b).ini). ADVICE - Because the Username field is currently not very wide, a nickname would probably be the better option. My KindEbook Wishlist was recently expanded (widened) to incorporate a 'Last' price column, which I may later add to IonGoG Wishlist, at which time I would widen the Username (dropdown) field.

REMINDER
IonGoG Wishlist is in a mostly finished but still incomplete state. Most options and features are working as they should, but some lesser used ones may give odd or strange results or just none at all. As I discover things (or they are reported) I will fix them.

This program is an adaption of my JB Wishlist one, which was an adaption of my KindEbook Wishlist one, which have been regularly updated (January 2015 -> November 2017) ... with updates to all programs being ongoing, it seems, and often updated together in tandem. It is true though, that each program has a unique set of requirements, so not everything is indeed the same or acts in the same way.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

Sometimes you have to laugh. :muttley:

Only minutes after uploading the update, I added a new game (hasn't been released yet) and it crashed the program. :'(

https://www.gog.com/game/battlezone_combat_commander

I suspect it was the price (TBA) that did it, so I now need to incorporate a digit check fix ... and I thought I had already ... so it may be something else. :blink:

I will be a bit of a while doing the fix, as my Laptop needs to boot up first, and the poor old thing is slow with all its checks etc. :frantics:

Spoiler

userbar.png

Ok, all good again. :D

The digit check was only implemented for the price Query check process, but not also for ADD a new game process, strangely enough. :blink:
That wasn't the issue though. Slack array total check was the problem, due to html code missing, because the price value was missing, and in its place was a NOTIFY ME button (not the suspected TBA one). :shifty: or :> ...... :P

I also noted some other slack array error checking by moi, so implemented that too, along with the missing digit check. :sweating:

Update upload has been replaced.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

Updated to v0.0_b14. See first post for download.

(v0.0_b14)
Added a 'Simple' search option, to jump to specific row if search result is found in specified column (Title/Genre/Series). Improved selection of recipient name, when doing COPY or MOVE, by using CTRL with CANCEL button, to cycle through available names. The Accelerator Keys for COPY and MOVE changed, to (Alt-C) & (Alt-M) plus ADD a Series changed to (Alt-A) and Set a SWEET price changed to (Ctrl-S), from (Shift-C), (Shift-M), (Shift-A), (Shift-S) respectively, to avoid occasional issue with SHIFT usage.

Spoiler

userbar.png

Added a SUPPLEMENTARY section to first post, about another program of mine, Downloads Dropbox, useful to obtain even more GOG game cover images.

Spoiler

userbar.png

• 5 months later...

IonGoG Wishlist has been updated to v0.0_b17, see first post.

Recent changes at GOG meant that price was missing from the source, but using the _IECreate function rather than _InetRead, allowed enough time for some of the On Load JavaScript to run, which includes the Price. This is only the second time I have used IECreate, that I can recall. Thanks to TheDcoder for suggesting I use it. The trade-off, is things are now slower for ADD Game and Price QUERY.

(v0.0_b17)
More Game Detail is auto-detected and better processed, perhaps avoiding manual editing. THANKS to TheDcoder for suggesting I use a hidden IE instance instead, to get the price. BUGFIX for ADD duplicate entry when Cancel is selected. BUGFIX for moving an entry to another User, using the Menu entry method (instead of Accelerator Key).

(v0.0_b16)
Auto-detecting the price has been restored by using IE browser functions. Query the price for a single item, will now display a Details window, that can be used to update various elements for an entry. The Details window always displays for ADD, after any automation has finished.

NOTE - User can manually copy various details from the Game web page, then paste them into the Details window, to modify existing or add any that are missing.

(v0.0_b15)
Auto-detecting the price is broken by recent GOG layout changes to their web pages, so a few manual prompt queries have been added, for both the ADD and Price QUERY processes, which also provide greater control over the previous detail extraction method and the input/save process. NOTE - Future updates may improve things more.

Screenshot is a new GUI addition for ADD and QUERY, which allows for manual editing.

Details.png.0c84317f2fc10b3975a809caee54e027.png

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

IonGoG Wishlist has been updated to v0.0_b20, see first post.

Bugfixes and improvements, plus I discovered I wanted to be able to add GOG movies to the 'bought' list at least ... which I did with the recent The Witcher 3 Live Concert freebie.

(v0.0_b20)
A GOG movie can now be added to the list. (NOTE - This is pretty basic, so I may do some further tweaking to this, but have nothing planned right now.)

(v0.0_b19)
Bugfix for 'Release Date' and extra data in 'Genre' relocated to end of 'Requirements'. A prompt to Update downloaded image is no longer the default on SAVE, but can be selected. Combo field for Player Type now loses focus on selection, to avoid mouse wheel issues. Other minor improvements.

(v0.0_b18)
QUERY price now briefly provides a prompt when checking in Automatic mode, giving the possibility of a simple update manually (20 second delay on initial program usage, but 5 seconds thereafter for each entry check).

Spoiler

userbar.png

• 1 month later...

Here is a screenshot of my latest project, GetGOG Wishlist, first for 2019, and complimentary to my IonGoG Wishlist program.

GGW_2-1.png.172165829828429160d7e7cb5d6be93b.png

Older Screenshot

Spoiler

GetGOG.png.feea5e80a80d7ddbe09a2c375d61d18c.png

GetGOG_1-5.png.4e9ac2c9ddcd01b295dd6e7d55b23edc.png

Basically it is to cover the shortcomings of GOG's online wishlist limitations ... primarily sorting options.

I am still in the testing phase, so will upload the finished script/program later.

Basically it works by loading each page of your online GOG Wishlist into a hidden instance of IE, grabbing the results to report on Total count, Title, Discount Percent, Current Price, Last Price and the URL for executing (if desired). Those first four columns can be sorted ascendingly, and changes get colored lines (bright red for price increase, bright green for decrease). The HTML is stored locally as well, for quick browsing.

When UPDATING, it can take a while dependent on settings, web connection and your PC. Each page has to fully load to get the true discount price for each game. In reality though, it should take roughly the same time as manually visiting each page. Of course many will only have a page or two in their online wishlist, so process time for them will be relatively quick. MANY THANKS to TheDcoder who worked out the single line of code I needed to get NEXT PAGE on the Wishlist, as you cannot specifically reference them individually.

I have created this program, because I was getting sick of checking my whole wishlist at GOG every day of the current sale, just for a few changes. My current online wishlist runs to 4 pages of 100 games per page plus a 5th page with 9 games.

[Time Taken]
start=4/01/2019 2:09:39 AM
finish=4/01/2019 2:14:37 AM

Here's the current script, which needs more testing ... but you can have a play if you want. :)

GetGOG Wishlist v2.2.zip  (includes source) (see Post #22 for detail)

Older Versions

Spoiler

GetGOG Wishlist.au3  (1 + 9 previous + 37 downloads)

GetGOG Wishlist v1.6.zip (includes source) (see Post #17 for detail) (25 downloads)

GetGOG Wishlist v1.7.zip  (includes source) (see Post #18 for detail) (17 downloads)

GetGOG Wishlist v2.1.zip  (includes source) (see Post #19 for detail)  (2 downloads)

P.S. For this to work with your online GOG Wishlist, you will need to have it set to visible for Everyone (i.e. Public). My good buddy TheDcoder says he might work on a Login method for those who don't share their Wishlist publicly.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

My new program GetGOG Wishlist, has been updated to v1.1. See previous post.

(v1.1) Bugfix for faulty number comparison.
Added a 'CLEAR LAST PRICE' button and process.
Finally remembered to add code to clear the list before Loading or Updating.
Made all loading slicker and therefor faster (NOTE - This can be turned off in the 'Options.ini' file manually, by setting 'slick=1' to another number. Thus allowing you to see the ListView being populated ... much slower though.).

[Time Taken]
start=5/01/2019 12:54:40 AM
finish=5/01/2019 12:59:20 AM

Fair speed improvement on my slow Netbook.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

• 1 month later...

I finally got around to bugfixing & updating GetGOG Wishlist, now at v1.2. See two posts up (Post #14).

(v1.2)
Bugfix for lines not being colored in 'Slick' mode, due to using -1 (default last control) for each listview line, rather than a specific line (row) number.
I've changed the line colors a bit, with 'Light Blue' for new entries, 'Green' for cheaper price, 'Pink' for discounted previously, 'Orange' for slightly dearer, 'Red' for much dearer. A darker blue may also appear now, if the price returned is not a number, which might occur if GOG change the HTML in some way.

NOTES - Three prices play a part in what is colored or not, and what gets updated. During an update, Wishlist pages are downloaded to numbered text files (i.e. Html_1.txt) and saved in a folder named after the User. Those text files are where the current price can be found. They are scanned immediately after an update and the prices displayed. On the first use of this program, each entry will get a 'Last' price recorded, which will be the same as current price. On subsequent checks for existing entries, the 'Last' price will only be updated if the current price is cheaper. In that scenario, a 'Lowest' price gets recorded as well.

Using the LOCAL button, the list is loaded from entries in the Html text files and compared to any 'Last' price that exists, and colored accordingly - Red or Orange, or if no change, then a check of the 'Lowest' price occurs and if found it is colored Pink to show the entry has been discounted at least once.

FURTHER NOTES - An increase in price is never recorded. A cheaper price is always recorded, both for last and lowest. A 'Green' line row is only ever shown immediately after an update, and in future loads will be shown as a 'Pink' row line.

IonGoG Wishlist has also been updated to v0.0_b21, see first post.

(v0.0_b21)
Bugfix for 'Details' (not found due to GOG web page changes), plus related improvements.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

• 2 months later...

Companion program GetGOG Wishlist, has been updated to v1.6. Added a new screenshot. See Post #14.

(v1.3)
Bugfix for Webpage (overlooked adjustment for added column).
Program window height reduced so I can fit my 'IonGog Wishlist' program on screen without overlap.

(v1.4)
Program given a Search option, using the Title field with a FIND button.
Status is now displayed in the Title field, rather than using a Splash.
Improved aborting with Stop.

(v1.5)
Color and minor improvements added to status changes.

(v1.6)
Backups now occur for the 'Games.ini' file (per user account), which can be manually restored at need.
Program Information and feedback has been improved.
More information added to end of the 'History.txt' file.

NOTE - The 'Games.ini' file, is a record of initial price for each game as it is added, and only changes when that price gets lower. The program uses it during every update, to do a comparison.

Colored Lines At A Glance
NOTE - All these colors are the background color for a line, not the text color.
Unchanged price since addition, will show (after initial Light Blue) one of the two default color lines, which alternate between Pale Pink and Pale Green.
RED = Current price is much higher than last recorded price. More than 20 cents dearer.
ORANGE = Current price is slightly higher than last recorded price.
GREEN = Current price is lower than last recorded price. NOTE - Only displayed after an update.
PINK = Price currently remains unchanged, but lower than when added.
LIGHT BLUE = New addition to the list or price was free ($0.00) when added.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

• 2 months later...

Companion program GetGOG Wishlist, has been updated to v1.7. Added a new screenshot. See Post #14.

(v1.7)
Restore ability added on program start after a crash.

NOTE - This is not a full restore, as the oldest backup would have been replaced by a newer one.

Spoiler

userbar.png

• 8 months later...

Companion program GetGOG Wishlist, has been updated to v2.1. Also added a new screenshot. See Post #14.

(v2.1)
Added an alternate LOCAL option, to view changes based on last ones.
Program can now auto determine the number of wishlist pages, using the ALL option if enabled.
Minor bugfixes etc.
PLEASE NOTE - I still have the occasional issue where the program crashes when updating. I know where it happens, but not yet know how to deal with it, so please feel free to provide a solution if you have one. What I do know so far, is that it is likely JavaScript related and seemingly unreliable, so hard to detect. To get prices accurately, each web page has to be fully loaded and all JavaScript changes finished. So sometimes it seems a delay issue, and at others a JavaScript error. GOG web pages have become such bloated crap these days.
IMPORTANT - The program at times now seems to be incorrect with some or all prices. When I get a chance, I will look into it.

(v2.0)
Added a Currency Symbol query at startup (once only if symbol provided), that will be used in the Price input field.
Program now ensures that two decimal places occurs for prices, and a leading zero if needed.
Added further error and value checking & testing to determine elusive crash.
The wishlist web pages loading seconds are now displayed in the Price input field.

(v1.9)
Added further improvements to help deal with an occasional crash (for me at least).
Thanks again to TheDcoder, my good buddy, with his help over this issue (code & thoughts).
Added a current 'Price' input field which allows copying (i.e. if desired for a game update in my IonGOG Wishlist program).

(v1.8)
Added a checkbox to enable copying of URL for selected entry.
Improvements to error checking and reporting.
Added an ON TOP button to toggle program window status.

P.S. A long overdue update release ... alas I have a few like that, that I must get around to uploading.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

Another companion program to use at GOG, is my Link Extractor v1.1. It is another sort of joint venture with TheDcoder ... BIG THANKS to him. :)

Basically you can use it with some Sales at GOG, where you get an email that has a large image with hidden links behind it. Those links either lead to the GOG home page etc or to the Redeem Page with a code that gives you a special discount price.

GOG promote this email as a fun like exercise, but I call it a pain-in-the-ass. It can certainly be a huge waste of time. Take the current one, I had every single item already. You also sometimes get one or more Captcha you have to deal with, so it really pushes the nonsense notion of a fun activity.

Newsletter Subscribers Only - https://email2.gog.com/view.html?x=a62e&m=GSo&mc=b&s=M47a&u=G&z=c9pbgaO&
The above is the current page in question, with just under 9 hours remaining.

There are two methods to use the program.

(1) Use the script (browser addon) created by TheDcoder.

(2) Save the email as a web page ... or better still click the link in the email that goes to a secret web page version of the email, and save that.

Script Method
Install the script into your browser, using ViolentMonkey or GreaseMonkey etc.

Get the script here (click the RAW button) - https://gist.github.com/TheDcoder/b975882eae8d90815bf54de6182eccc9

Once installed and activated, visit the secret GOG page.
You will get a popup with instructions. This may require refreshing the page if already there.
Click CTRL+SHIFT+C
A popup tells you how many links copied to the clipboard.
Click the Import Links button on the Link Extractor program.
Using the Go To Web Page and SAVE and NEXT buttons, work your way through the links.

Save Web Page Method
Save the special web page, then drag & drop that HTML file onto the Link Extractor program or a shortcut for it.
If it worked, it will populate the Combo control with Link numbers.
Using the Go To Web Page and SAVE and NEXT buttons, work your way through the links.

It is as simple as that and saves you a good amount of time. You still need to visit every web page the links point to, and deal with any Captcha, but at least you don't waste time hunting for the links and even maybe missing some. You could even say, it now truly does become a fun exercise.

LE_1-1.png.e44e5f132b637798394a7709d9e3e936.png

Link Extractor v1.1.zip

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png