MultiLanguage Scite Tool + UDF

okolaris

Hey everyone,

I thought I might share my little Language UDF plus the more powerful SciTE Tool to ship Strings from SciTE into the xml file. While I haven't had the time to fully adapt the small UDF to one of the big XML-UDFs the so called "Language Transmitter" that basically writes the XML file for you runs mostly on "XML DOM wrapper (COM)" by eltorro. The Transmitter should work with other XML-Language-UDFs depending on their encoding.

First let's start with the UDF, there are two functions of interest: _LangInit($sFilePath) and s($sString) As you will have guessed, _LangInit($sFilePath) is called once to initialize the UDF and s($sString) is used to receive the string to your key. Plain and simple.

Now to the actual "new" part, the Language Transmitter. It basically allows you to transfer a selected String from SciTE into a xml file. While doing so it will scan for AutoIt variables, macros etc. and parse the string to fit StringFormat(). It then saves the formatted string in the xml file and returns the formatted call into SciTE. If the selected string is already defined it will directly parse the key into SciTE. To change the default output file, you can either edit the ini-file in the @ScriptDir of the LanguageTransmitter.exe or press Alt+A on empty space again and keep clicking cancel/no until the Transmitter let's you select the current output file. Standard output is strings.xml in the current opened AutoIt Script.

Example:

; given the line:
MsgBox(16, 'Error', 'Error message')
; select 'Error' run the Transmitter follow the instructions, repeat with 'Error message'. Outcome (e.g.):
MsgBox(16, s('Error'), s('Error_msg'))

; Variables and Macro example:
$sString = "Value: " & $iValue & @CRLF & 'Another value: '& $iValue2
; Select the full string including all AutoIt variables and macros etc. in SciTE and press Alt+A (default) to run the LanguageTransmitter
; follow the instructions and it will then paste a formatted string like that into SciTE:
$sVar = StringFormat(s('Key'), $iValue, $iValue2)

; the correlating xml entry should look like that:
; <string name="Key">Value: %s\r\nAnother value: %s</string>
; as you can see @CRLF has been replaced with \r\n as well.

If you are working on a project and want to directly add a string to the xml file just start the Language Transmitter without selecting any text, enter your string and a key.

SetUp/Installation

Spoiler
  1. Copy the UDF LanguageSupport.au3 in your Include folder
  2. Set up the Language Transmitter in SciTE:
    1. Go to Options -> Open au3.properties
    2. Paste the code (change the number if necessary)
# 35 okolaris's Language Transmitter
# save.before 1 = save, 2 = do not save
command.35.$(au3)=$(user.tools.path)\LanguageTransmitter.exe /in "$(FilePath)"
command.input.35.*=$(CurrentSelection)
command.subsystem.35.$(au3)=1
command.name.35.$(au3)=Language Transmitter
command.shortcut.35.$(au3)=Alt+A
command.save.before.35.$(au3)=1
command.replace.selection.35.$(au3)=1
command.quiet.35.$(au3)=1# 35 okolaris's Language Transmitter

If you have not done yet, set up a custom SciTE-Tools Folder:

open Options-> SciTEUser.properties and change or add (for example): user.tools.path=C:\MyTools

After that copy the LanguageTransmitter.exe into your SciTE Tools folder.

Examples

Since xml files are required all examples can be found in the zip file. There are two examples, one includes a language selection interface.

Language File Checker

I added a script to check whether the xml file contains all required strings or even unnecessary strings.

Hope you like my little helper!

UDF - LanguageSupport.zip

Edited by okolaris