ur

How to use regular expression on Window text

ur

I am trying to identify the window based on the window title and text.

The title will be the "erwin DM - filename"

It is working till date, but some operating systems our application is displaying window as "erwin DM - [filename]"

I tried  "erwin DM - *filename*" But this regular expression is not working.
Any suggestion?

$sModelFile = "C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\My Models\eMovies.erwin"
$wdModel = _WinWaitActivate1("erwin DM - "&FileNameOnly($sModelFile),"")

Func _WinWaitActivate1($title,$text,$timeout=0);Will Return the window Handler
    Logging("Waiting for "&$title&":"&$text)
    $dHandle = WinWait($title,$text,$timeout)
    if not ($dHandle = 0) then
        If Not WinActive($title,$text) Then WinActivate($title,$text)
        return WinWaitActive($title,$text,$timeout)
    Else
        Logging("Timeout occured while waiting for the window...")
        Exit
    EndIf
 EndFunc

Func FileNameOnly($sFilePath)
    Local $sDrive = "", $sDir = "", $sFileName = "", $sExtension = ""
    Local $aPathSplit = _PathSplit($sFilePath, $sDrive, $sDir, $sFileName, $sExtension)
    ;_ArrayDisplay($aPathSplit, "_PathSplit of " & @ScriptFullPath)
    return $sFileName
EndFunc

SlackerAl

Loop and poll with WinList check this for a partial match for your window title, use handle.

Problem solving step 1: Write a simple, self-contained, running, replicator of your problem.

mikell

You might try this

$s = WinGetTitle("[REGEXPTITLE:erwin DM - \[?\Q" & $FileNameOnly & "\E\]?]" )

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Rhidlor
      By Rhidlor
      I was wondering if there was a library or something which provides the capability to Send() to inactive windows, and I know what you're thinking, I could just use ControlSend(); the reason I can't use that in this situation is because I need to hold down keys for specific prolonged periods of time. Also activating the window, Send()ing then de-activating the window isn't really an option here, I need the target window to always be in the background. I've looked around the forums for an adequate amount of time and didn't find anything useful, perhaps because the threads were all 10 years old, nevertheless, if anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks!
    • vin1
      By vin1
      i have a script that selects  a text file and deletes a line (text input required) in the text file selected
      i have to make it remove all lines found on a file i name, toRemoveLines.txt
      it has to remove lines from all text files found in a folder
      this is the script that has to be modified
      where it says "select file" it has to be "select folder"
      where it says "line text input" it has to be all lines from a text file
      #Include <File.au3> Global $success = False $file_name = FileOpenDialog("Select file", @ScriptDir, "All files (*.*)", 1+4) $line_text_input = InputBox("Line's text", "Line must contain following text:", "line contains this text") $file_count_lines = _FileCountLines($file_name) for $i = 0 to $file_count_lines $Lines_text_output = FileReadLine($file_name, $i) if StringInStr($Lines_text_output, $line_text_input) then _FileWriteToLine($file_name, $i, "", 1) $success = True ExitLoop EndIf Next if $success = True Then MsgBox(0, "Success", "Line has been deleted") Else MsgBox(0, "Failure", "Line wasn't found") EndIf  
    • nend
      By nend
      This is a program that I made to help my self learn better regular expressions.
      There are a lot of other programs/website with the similar functions.
      But the main advantage of this program is that you don't have to click a button after every changes.
      The program detected changes and react on it.
      Function:
      Match Match of arrays Match and replace Load source data from website Load source data from a website with GET/POST Load text data from file Clear fields Export and Import settings (you can finish the expression a other time, just export/import it) Cheat sheet Generate AutoIt code The source code is not difficult and I think most user will understand it.
      In the zip file there are 2 export files (POST and a reg back example), you can drag and drop these files on the gui to import them.
      Download Regex Toolkit Regex toolkit.zip (Sourcode, exmaple and exe file)
      EDIT: Updated to version V1.2.0
      Changes are:
      Expand and collapse of the cheat sheet (Thanks to Melba23 for the Guiextender UDF) Usefull regular expressions websites links included in the program Text data update time EDIT: Updated to version V1.3.0
      Changes are:
       Automatic generate AutoIt code  Icons on the tab  Few minor bug fixes EDIT: Updated to version V1.4.0
      Changes are:
      Link to AutoIt regex helpfile If the regular expression has a error than the text becomes red Option Offset with Match and array of Matches Option Count with Match and replace Some small minor bug fixed EDIT: Updated to version V1.4.1
      Changes are:
      Small bug in "create AutoIt" code fixed
    • Epic007
      By Epic007
      Hey guys I'm stuck with a program.....I need a make an automation which copies text from a chat bot app and paste it in notepad to log the replies of my chat bot and to analyse stuff....a lil help pls

Thanks in advance
    • nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      I need to send a string of text to this popup and click on the ok button to save it.
      Here is the code I have so far:
      ;Start IE Sleep(7000) $oIE = _IECreate("http://www.google.com") Sleep(500) _IELoadWait($oIE) $hIE = _IEPropertyGet($oIE, "hwnd") ; Get Handle of the IE window Sleep(500) WinSetState($hIE, "", @SW_MAXIMIZE) ;Wait for a browser page load to complete Sleep(3000) _IENavigate($oIE, "https://properURL.com") Sleep(8000) _IELoadWait($oIE) ;Attach to a browser control embedded in another window $oIE = _IEAttach("https://"properURL.com", url") ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $oIE = ' & $oIE & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & ' Extended code: 0x' & Hex(@extended) & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console Sleep(2000) ;Get the title of the webpage ;Local $wTitle = _IEPropertyGet($oIE, "title") ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Webpage title:", $wTitle) ;Clicks the new button Sleep(3000) _IEAction($nWorkOrderB, "focus") _IEAction($nWorkOrderB, "click") Sleep(5000) ;Store the Element names where the important data will be sent ;Store the long description button Local $wLongDButton = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "m65d795a4-img") ;Store the long Description field id Local $wComments = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "ma6499a9c-rte_iframe") ;Store the ok button id that is in the long description Local $wCommOk = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "m74031266-pb") ;******************************************************************************* ; Send the stored data to the proper field ;******************************************************************************* ;Click the long description button Sleep(300) _IEAction($wLongDButton, "focus") _IEAction($wLongDButton, "click") Sleep(300) ;Sends the Comments Sleep(500) _IEAction($wComments, "focus") _IEAction($wComments, "click") Sleep(500) _IEFormElementSetValue($wComments, "hello darkness my old friend") ;Click the ok button Sleep(500) _IEAction($wCommOk, "focus") _IEAction($wCommOk, "click") Sleep(500)  
      Here is the popup: