ur

How to use regular expression on Window text

ur

I am trying to identify the window based on the window title and text.

The title will be the "erwin DM - filename"

It is working till date, but some operating systems our application is displaying window as "erwin DM - [filename]"

I tried  "erwin DM - *filename*" But this regular expression is not working.
Any suggestion?

$sModelFile = "C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\My Models\eMovies.erwin"
$wdModel = _WinWaitActivate1("erwin DM - "&FileNameOnly($sModelFile),"")

Func _WinWaitActivate1($title,$text,$timeout=0);Will Return the window Handler
    Logging("Waiting for "&$title&":"&$text)
    $dHandle = WinWait($title,$text,$timeout)
    if not ($dHandle = 0) then
        If Not WinActive($title,$text) Then WinActivate($title,$text)
        return WinWaitActive($title,$text,$timeout)
    Else
        Logging("Timeout occured while waiting for the window...")
        Exit
    EndIf
 EndFunc

Func FileNameOnly($sFilePath)
    Local $sDrive = "", $sDir = "", $sFileName = "", $sExtension = ""
    Local $aPathSplit = _PathSplit($sFilePath, $sDrive, $sDir, $sFileName, $sExtension)
    ;_ArrayDisplay($aPathSplit, "_PathSplit of " & @ScriptFullPath)
    return $sFileName
EndFunc

SlackerAl

Loop and poll with WinList check this for a partial match for your window title, use handle.

Problem solving step 1: Write a simple, self-contained, running, replicator of your problem.

mikell

You might try this

$s = WinGetTitle("[REGEXPTITLE:erwin DM - \[?\Q" & $FileNameOnly & "\E\]?]" )

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Epic007
      By Epic007
      Hey guys I'm stuck with a program.....I need a make an automation which copies text from a chat bot app and paste it in notepad to log the replies of my chat bot and to analyse stuff....a lil help pls

Thanks in advance
    • nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      I need to send a string of text to this popup and click on the ok button to save it.
      Here is the code I have so far:
      ;Start IE Sleep(7000) $oIE = _IECreate("http://www.google.com") Sleep(500) _IELoadWait($oIE) $hIE = _IEPropertyGet($oIE, "hwnd") ; Get Handle of the IE window Sleep(500) WinSetState($hIE, "", @SW_MAXIMIZE) ;Wait for a browser page load to complete Sleep(3000) _IENavigate($oIE, "https://properURL.com") Sleep(8000) _IELoadWait($oIE) ;Attach to a browser control embedded in another window $oIE = _IEAttach("https://"properURL.com", url") ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $oIE = ' & $oIE & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & ' Extended code: 0x' & Hex(@extended) & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console Sleep(2000) ;Get the title of the webpage ;Local $wTitle = _IEPropertyGet($oIE, "title") ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Webpage title:", $wTitle) ;Clicks the new button Sleep(3000) _IEAction($nWorkOrderB, "focus") _IEAction($nWorkOrderB, "click") Sleep(5000) ;Store the Element names where the important data will be sent ;Store the long description button Local $wLongDButton = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "m65d795a4-img") ;Store the long Description field id Local $wComments = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "ma6499a9c-rte_iframe") ;Store the ok button id that is in the long description Local $wCommOk = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "m74031266-pb") ;******************************************************************************* ; Send the stored data to the proper field ;******************************************************************************* ;Click the long description button Sleep(300) _IEAction($wLongDButton, "focus") _IEAction($wLongDButton, "click") Sleep(300) ;Sends the Comments Sleep(500) _IEAction($wComments, "focus") _IEAction($wComments, "click") Sleep(500) _IEFormElementSetValue($wComments, "hello darkness my old friend") ;Click the ok button Sleep(500) _IEAction($wCommOk, "focus") _IEAction($wCommOk, "click") Sleep(500)  
      Here is the popup:

• reida
      By reida
      Hello. Help to write the text.
      <textarea tabindex="4" class="js-input compose__labels__input" style="width: 407px; max-width: 413px;" wrap="off" autocomplete="off" data-original-name="To"></textarea>  I can not make.
      #include <IE.au3> $sLogin = 'adv' $iError = 1 $sUrl = 'https://......' $oIE = _IECreate($sUrl) ;;; _IELoadWait($oIE) $oLogin = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "To") Sleep(7000) If IsObj($oLogin) Then _IEFormElementSetValue($oLogin, $sLogin) _IELoadWait($oIE) ; EndIf EndIf Through the selector it can be possible?
      #toolkit-154163367424641composeForm > div:nth-child(1) > div > div.compose-head__content.js-collapsed-off > div.compose-head__row-wrapper.compose-head__row-wrapper_to.js-row > div > div > div:nth-child(2) > div > div > div > textarea.js-input.compose__labels__input  
    • cramaboule
      By cramaboule
      Hi all,

I was wondering if it is possible (and how) to put text on video on-the-fly (like VLC displays Title movie at the begining)
      and of course doing that in AutoIt
      Thanks in advance...

C.
    • reida
      By reida
      Hello. On page there is mail address. How to keep in a text file this address? 
      It is page and email
      https://alpari.com/
      info@alpari.com