Gringo

FileOpenDialog and FileSelectFolder

Gringo

Hi,

I'm trying to:

-Select a file in a folder (to store it to an ini file)

-Write the file on an ini

-Copy files to the folder selected by the user

instead of using FileOpenDialog then FileSelectFolder, I was wondering if it was possible to do the whole thing only with FileOpenDialog spliting the value returned in 2 variables. I got something like that for the first part (select a file and store it to an ini file)

Local $message = "Select your executable"
                        Local $pathk = FileOpenDialog($message, "C:" & "", "Select the executable you want to terminate (*.exe)", 1 + 4)

Local $path = "None"
;ici je dois copier les fichiers

$split = StringSplit($pathk, "\")
                        $tokill = $split[$split[0]]

If @error Then
                        MsgBox(4096, "", "No Executable chosen")
                        Else

MsgBox(4096, "", $pathk & " Will be terminated " & @LF & @LF & "Press OK to EXIT ")
                        IniWrite(@ScriptDir & "\path.ini", "Torun", "path", $path)
                        IniWrite(@ScriptDir & "\path.ini", "Tokill", "pathk", $tokill)
                        EndIf

As you can see I manage to split the value returned by FileOpenDialog to have only the exe but as a noob I can't manage to get the path to copy the files I need to the same path.

Any idea? ^^

SlackerAl

Have a look at _PathSplit it will split a full path and file name out into an array of useful parts.

Problem solving step 1: Write a simple, self-contained, running, replicator of your problem.

Gringo

Thank you very much, I will :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• PINTO1927
      By PINTO1927
      Hello guys,
      I'm working on this script:
      Case $BTN Global $URL = FileOpenDialog("IMPORT FILE", $DESKTOP, "ALL FORMAT (*)", 4) $DIR_DEST = "C:\DIR-WORK\list\IMPORT_DOC\" DirCreate($DIR_DEST) Local $LINE For $t = 1 To $URL[0] _FileReadToArray($URL[$t], $LINE) For $u = 1 To $LINE[0] FileCopy($URL[$u], $DIR_DEST) Next Next the selected files via OpenFileDialog must be copied to the folder $DIR_DEST.

• tremolux66
      By tremolux66
      I've abandoned the FileSelectFolder() approach and rolled my own UDF to create a dialog containing the folder list in a ListView, which seems to work fine. It's also a better fit to our requirements: we don't really want the user wandering around in the folder-selection dialog, plus the UDF displays some associated info for each folder in a second column. Thanks again to the forum members who took a look at this.
      I'm writing an installer script that needs to run as Administrator so it can, e.g., write files into protected directories. The problem is that when I call FileSelectFolder(), there is a 60-second delay before the dialog appears. If I run as an ordinary user (in the Administrators group), there's no delay, but I don't think that will work: for one thing, the installer needs to create a symbolic link, which a member of the Administrators group can't do unless the program is elevated. (This is Win 7 x64.)
      (The installer will be run using an Admin account; the other user accounts are locked down and don't have access to the filesystem, the Start menu, Computer, etc. - it's a turnkey system.)
      Any idea what causes the delay? And is there a way around it?

• rootx
      By rootx
      Why if I select only one file the array doesn't return the path?? And 4 multiple files return the row PATH? There is a mode to have in the same case signle or multiple selection the path included in the file name? THX
      #include <Array.au3> #include <File.au3> Local $spFile $mFile = FileOpenDialog("apri", @ScriptDir & "", "Images (*.iso)", 1 + 4 ) If @error Then ConsoleWrite("error") Else $spFile = StringSplit($mFile, "|") EndIf _ArrayDisplay($spFile)  
    • TheDcoder
      By TheDcoder
      Hello! , I have a little doubt about the "root dir" parameter in FileSelectFolder, The helpfile states:
      Questions:
      1. GUI file tree? Isn't that something like this?:

But the dialog for selecting a folder in FileSelectFolder is similar to the dialog of FileOpenDialog

2. "It limits the choice in the root folder"... "" is considered to be @DesktopDir, then why am I able to select folders outside the Desktop folder?

Thanks in Advance, TD
    • JibsMan
      By JibsMan
      My program starts by asking the user to select or create a directory to copy files to. FileSelectFolder won't let me type in a directory name and have it created. DirCreate doesn't have the GUI interface to allow the user to select a directory. Is there a method to display the File Tree and let the user either select an existing directory OR enter a directory name to add?
      Thanks!
      JibsMan