Tippex

Problem with FileOpenDialog using long default filenames - (Moved)

I have a problem with FileOpenDialog using long default filenames ... they always get truncated. 

For example: 

"A Long FileName.mpg" as a default would prompt as just "FileName.mpg" (but scrolling left will show it named correctly).

Does anyone know of a fix for this please (I didn't spot it in a Forum search), or is it one for the bug tracker?

#include <FileConstants.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
Local Const $sMessage = "Hold down Ctrl or Shift to choose multiple files."
Local $sFileOpenDialog = FileOpenDialog($sMessage, @WindowsDir & "\", "Images (*.jpg;*.bmp)|Videos (*.avi;*.mpg)", BitOR($FD_FILEMUSTEXIST, $FD_MULTISELECT), "A Long FileName.mpg")

Thanks,

Moved to the appropriate forum.

Moderation Team

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

@Tippex

Could you please post some screenshoots of the issue you are having? :)

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

Thoughts:

• I will always thank you for the time you spent for me.
    I'm here to ask, and from your response, I'd like to learn.
    By my knowledge, I can help someone else, and "that someone" could help in turn another, and so on.

/*--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

Posted (edited)

@FrancescoDiMuro

•  
  • Active Members
  • 1,894 posts

@Tippex

Could you please post some screenshoots of the issue you are having? :)

Sorry for the delay.

The screenshot shows the defaulted filename being initially displayed as just "FileName.mpg" and below it another screenshot correctly showing what was intended ("A Long FileName.mpg") found by clicking another window then returning by clicking its title bar which seems to be all it takes to rectify/refresh it.

I also discovered that if the window is maximised then the problem doesn't occur. 

Thanks

Truncated_Browse_Filenames.jpg

Edited by Tippex
added quote

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By XinYoung
      Hello all!   I'm stuck at a seemingly simple part of my script. Using IE, I'm filling out a web form that involves clicking a "Browse" button and selecting a file. Once the file explorer dialog opens, however, I am unable to control it.
      I have a string, which is the name of the file I want, and I'm trying to insert it into the 'File name:' text box in the dialog (which already has focus), but it doesn't get inserted. I've tried ClipPut and Send. 

What's even more concerning is, when I close the dialog, the string is then pasted into the very next window that has focus, which is often SciTE. It's like that Browse's file open dialog halts all processes. Once it's closed, the script continues.
      ;~ Open a IE window and navigate to the login page. Global $oIE = _IECreate($urlBBLogin) _IELoadWait($oIE) ;~ Recognize the form on this page (login input boxes). Local $oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "login") Local $oTextLogin = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "user_id") Local $oTextPass = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "password") ;~ Enter the Automation user credentials into the form. _IEFormElementSetValue($oTextLogin, $bbUsername) _IEFormElementSetValue($oTextPass, $bbPassword) ;~ Click the Login button. _IEFormSubmit($oForm) _IELoadWait($oIE) ;~ Navigate to the feedfile upload page. _IENavigate($oIE, $urlUpload) _IELoadWait($oIE) ;~ Click the Browse button Local $Browse = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "feedFile_chooseLocalFile") _IEAction($Browse, "Click") Local $Browse = WinWait("Choose File to Upload") ;~ Open the file we created. WinActivate($Browse) Send($finalFile) Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any ideas to get around it? Am I approaching this the wrong way?
      Any support is greatly appreciated.
      Thank you.
    • By nacerbaaziz
      Hello, dears.
      First I apologise to you for the stupid question I'm going to ask.
      is the default style for Windows created using AutoIt   a dialog box style?
      I decided to ask this question
      Because I am using a screen reader
      If i open any program that is designed using autoit, the screen reader read for example,  
      test dialog
      but If i open any other program, for example goldwave, it read goldwav only without a word dialog
      Is there a solution to this
      The code i used to create the window is:
      $hGUI = GUICreate(str("title"), 500, 420, -1, -1, BitOr($WS_MAXIMIZEBOX, $WS_MINIMIZEBOX, $WS_SIZEBOX, $WS_SYSMENU, $WS_CAPTION), BitOr($WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES,$WS_EX_LAYERED,$WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE,$WS_EX_STATICEDGE))
      I hope to find a solution to this problem
      please Accept my greetings, and thank you very much.
    • By milos83
      Default keyword for optional parameter is interpreted wrongly.
      ConsoleWrite(StringReplace("aa", "a", "b", Default, 1) & @CRLF) StringReplace ( "string", "searchstring/start", "replacestring" [, occurrence = 0 [, casesense = 0]] ) The code above will output ab even thou the default value for the occurrence is 0 (replace all).
      Of course using zero instead of Default will work fine.
    • By Gringo
      Hi,
      I'm trying to:
      -Select a file in a folder (to store it to an ini file)
      -Write the file on an ini
      -Copy files to the folder selected by the user
      instead of using FileOpenDialog then FileSelectFolder, I was wondering if it was possible to do the whole thing only with FileOpenDialog spliting the value returned in 2 variables. I got something like that for the first part (select a file and store it to an ini file)
      Local $message = "Select your executable" Local $pathk = FileOpenDialog($message, "C:" & "", "Select the executable you want to terminate (*.exe)", 1 + 4) Local $path = "None" ;ici je dois copier les fichiers $split = StringSplit($pathk, "\") $tokill = $split[$split[0]] If @error Then MsgBox(4096, "", "No Executable chosen") Else MsgBox(4096, "", $pathk & " Will be terminated " & @LF & @LF & "Press OK to EXIT ") IniWrite(@ScriptDir & "\path.ini", "Torun", "path", $path) IniWrite(@ScriptDir & "\path.ini", "Tokill", "pathk", $tokill) EndIf As you can see I manage to split the value returned by FileOpenDialog to have only the exe but as a noob I can't manage to get the path to copy the files I need to the same path.
      Any idea? ^^
    • By tezhihi
      Hi All,
      I have many files inside folder with ID Number. The problem here is I want to get ID Number,  file name inside folder and Get Size of its. However when I use loop "For" the result appeared with duplicate data. Please check the example in attached file and help me make the code below better for this case.
      #include <File.au3> #include <Array.au3> Global $a, $b $a = _FileListToArrayEx(@ScriptDir, '*.visf') For $i = 1 to $a[0] $b = StringSplit($a[$i], "\") ;~ _ArrayDisplay($b) For $j = 1 to $b[0] ;~ ConsoleWrite($b[$b[0] - 1] & '_' & $b[$b[0]] & ' ' & FileGetSize($a[$i]) & @CRLF) FileWrite(@ScriptDir & '\result.txt', $b[$b[0] - 1] & '_' & $b[$b[0]] & ' ' & FileGetSize($a[$i]) & @CRLF) Next Next Func _FileListToArrayEx($s_path, $s_mask = "*.*", $i_flag = 0, $s_exclude = -1, $f_recurse = True, $f_full_path = True) If FileExists($s_path) = 0 Then Return SetError(1, 1, 0) ; Strip trailing backslash, and add one after to make sure there's only one $s_path = StringRegExpReplace($s_path, "[\\/]+\z", "") & "\" ; Set all defaults If $s_mask = -1 Or $s_mask = Default Then $s_mask = "*.*" If $i_flag = -1 Or $i_flag = Default Then $i_flag = 0 If $s_exclude = -1 Or $s_exclude = Default Then $s_exclude = "" ; Look for bad chars If StringRegExp($s_mask, "[/:><\|]") Or StringRegExp($s_exclude, "[/:><\|]") Then Return SetError(2, 2, 0) EndIf ; Strip leading spaces between semi colon delimiter $s_mask = StringRegExpReplace($s_mask, "\s*;\s*", ";") If $s_exclude Then $s_exclude = StringRegExpReplace($s_exclude, "\s*;\s*", ";") ; Confirm mask has something in it If StringStripWS($s_mask, 8) = "" Then Return SetError(2, 2, 0) If $i_flag < 0 Or $i_flag > 2 Then Return SetError(3, 3, 0) ; Validate and create path + mask params Local $a_split = StringSplit($s_mask, ";"), $s_hold_split = "" For $i = 1 To $a_split[0] If StringStripWS($a_split[$i], 8) = "" Then ContinueLoop If StringRegExp($a_split[$i], "^\..*?\..*?\z") Then $a_split[$i] &= "*" & $a_split[$i] EndIf $s_hold_split &= '"' & $s_path & $a_split[$i] & '" ' Next $s_hold_split = StringTrimRight($s_hold_split, 1) If $s_hold_split = "" Then $s_hold_split = '"' & $s_path & '*.*"' Local $i_pid, $s_stdout, $s_hold_out, $s_dir_file_only = "", $s_recurse = "/s " If $i_flag = 1 Then $s_dir_file_only = ":-d" If $i_flag = 2 Then $s_dir_file_only = ":D" If Not $f_recurse Then $s_recurse = "" $i_pid = Run(@ComSpec & " /c dir /b " & $s_recurse & "/a" & $s_dir_file_only & " " & $s_hold_split, "", @SW_HIDE, 4 + 2) While 1 $s_stdout = StdoutRead($i_pid) If @error Then ExitLoop $s_hold_out &= $s_stdout WEnd $s_hold_out = StringRegExpReplace($s_hold_out, "\v+\z", "") If Not $s_hold_out Then Return SetError(4, 4, 0) ; Parse data and find matches based on flags Local $a_fsplit = StringSplit(StringStripCR($s_hold_out), @LF), $s_hold_ret $s_hold_out = "" If $s_exclude Then $s_exclude = StringReplace(StringReplace($s_exclude, "*", ".*?"), ";", "|") For $i = 1 To $a_fsplit[0] If $s_exclude And StringRegExp(StringRegExpReplace( _ $a_fsplit[$i], "(.*?[\\/]+)*(.*?\z)", "\2"), "(?i)\Q" & $s_exclude & "\E") Then ContinueLoop If StringRegExp($a_fsplit[$i], "^\w:[\\/]+") = 0 Then $a_fsplit[$i] = $s_path & $a_fsplit[$i] If $f_full_path Then $s_hold_ret &= $a_fsplit[$i] & Chr(1) Else $s_hold_ret &= StringRegExpReplace($a_fsplit[$i], "((?:.*?[\\/]+)*)(.*?\z)", "$2") & Chr(1) EndIf Next $s_hold_ret = StringTrimRight($s_hold_ret, 1) If $s_hold_ret = "" Then Return SetError(5, 5, 0) Return StringSplit($s_hold_ret, Chr(1)) EndFunc  
      Example.zip