FrancescoDiMuro

[Solved] WMI Query Question

FrancescoDiMuro
Posted (edited)

Good evening everyone :)
I'm working on a little project of mines, and I was trying to use WMI Object.
The question which I don't find an answer is: 

Once I do the query with WMI Object, something like "SELECT * FROM Win32_LogonSession", instead of specify the field of the collection returned, ( i.e. $colItems.Caption ), can I loop though each property and each value of the property, writing so one row of code only?
Hope my question was clear enough.
Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

Edited by FrancescoDiMuro

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

I will always thank you for the time you spent for me.
I'm here to ask, and from your response, I'd like to learn.
By my knowledge, I can help someone else, and "that someone" could help in turn another, and so on.

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

In case I am violating some pseudo Forum rule, or I am doing something wrong, I want let you know that I'm not doing this on purpose, and for this, I kindly ask you to send me a private message about the "bad content" I posted, in order to edit/remove it, and to not be warned wrongly.
Thanks in advance.

Earthshine

since google is not down, there you go ;)

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

FrancescoDiMuro

@Earthshine
Thanks a lot, Sir!
Since my knowledge of WMI is very basic, I didn't know about that, AND, I was "Googling" around, before creating this thread, and I found this:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/2a0078db-2053-4e21-9262-62ffbc156862/enumerating-fields-returned-with-a-wmi-query?forum=configmgrgeneral

But, as it seems, that's not the same thing applicable in AutoIt.
By the way, thanks a lot :)

Best Regards. 

Spoiler

By my knowledge, I can help someone else, and "that someone" could help in turn another, and so on.

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

In case I am violating some pseudo Forum rule, or I am doing something wrong, I want let you know that I'm not doing this on purpose, and for this, I kindly ask you to send me a private message about the "bad content" I posted, in order to edit/remove it, and to not be warned wrongly.
Thanks in advance.

Earthshine

i googled the following string:

enumerate wmi object properties autoit

it helps to ask the question clearly i have found with google to get more effective answers quickly. it's like my signature... LOL, I've been at this a long time as well. Happy programming. :)

FrancescoDiMuro

@Earthshine
Your signature seems like the phrase from "I Robot", when the Doctor says to Will Smith: "That detective, is the right question" :D
By the way, I was trying to query Win32_PointingDevice, which works like a charm; but, I was interested to see how properties which are arrays, were displayed...
For example, there is the certainty that PowerManagementCapabilities[] will always be an array?
In that case, I tried with:

For $objWMI_Item In $objWMIQueryResult
    For $objWMIProperty In $objWMI_Item.Properties_
        If IsArray($objWMIProperty.Name) Then
            ConsoleWrite($objWMIProperty.Name & " is an array!" & @CRLF)
        Else
            ConsoleWrite($objWMIProperty.Name & " = " & $objWMIProperty.Value & @CRLF)
        EndIf
    Next
    ConsoleWrite("--------------------" & @CRLF)
Next

But I don't know if this could be correct.
Thanks again for your help :)

Best Regards.

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

Thanks in advance.

Earthshine

I generated this with ScriptoMatic, in the examples that get installed, for the pointing device.

; Generated by AutoIt Scriptomatic

$wbemFlagReturnImmediately = 0x10
$wbemFlagForwardOnly = 0x20
$colItems = ""
$sComputer = "localhost"

$Output=""
$Output = $Output & "Computer: " & $sComputer  & @CRLF
$Output = $Output & "==========================================" & @CRLF
$oWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & $sComputer & "\root\CIMV2")
$colItems = $oWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_PointingDevice", "WQL", _
                                          $wbemFlagReturnImmediately + $wbemFlagForwardOnly)

If IsObj($colItems) Then
   For $objItem In $colItems
      $Output = $Output & "Availability: " & $objItem.Availability & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "Caption: " & $objItem.Caption & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "ConfigManagerErrorCode: " & $objItem.ConfigManagerErrorCode & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "ConfigManagerUserConfig: " & $objItem.ConfigManagerUserConfig & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "CreationClassName: " & $objItem.CreationClassName & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "Description: " & $objItem.Description & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "DeviceID: " & $objItem.DeviceID & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "DeviceInterface: " & $objItem.DeviceInterface & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "DoubleSpeedThreshold: " & $objItem.DoubleSpeedThreshold & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "ErrorCleared: " & $objItem.ErrorCleared & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "ErrorDescription: " & $objItem.ErrorDescription & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "Handedness: " & $objItem.Handedness & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "HardwareType: " & $objItem.HardwareType & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "InfFileName: " & $objItem.InfFileName & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "InfSection: " & $objItem.InfSection & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "InstallDate: " & WMIDateStringToDate($objItem.InstallDate) & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "IsLocked: " & $objItem.IsLocked & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "LastErrorCode: " & $objItem.LastErrorCode & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "Manufacturer: " & $objItem.Manufacturer & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "Name: " & $objItem.Name & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "NumberOfButtons: " & $objItem.NumberOfButtons & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "PNPDeviceID: " & $objItem.PNPDeviceID & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "PointingType: " & $objItem.PointingType & @CRLF
      $strPowerManagementCapabilities = $objItem.PowerManagementCapabilities(0)
      $Output = $Output & "PowerManagementCapabilities: " & $strPowerManagementCapabilities & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "PowerManagementSupported: " & $objItem.PowerManagementSupported & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "QuadSpeedThreshold: " & $objItem.QuadSpeedThreshold & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "Resolution: " & $objItem.Resolution & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "SampleRate: " & $objItem.SampleRate & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "Status: " & $objItem.Status & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "StatusInfo: " & $objItem.StatusInfo & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "Synch: " & $objItem.Synch & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "SystemCreationClassName: " & $objItem.SystemCreationClassName & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "SystemName: " & $objItem.SystemName & @CRLF
      If MsgBox(1,"WMI Output",$Output) = 2 Then ExitLoop
      $Output=""
   Next
Else
   MsgBox(0,"WMI Output","No WMI Objects Found for class: " & "Win32_PointingDevice" )
EndIf

Func WMIDateStringToDate($dtmDate)

Return (StringMid($dtmDate, 5, 2) & "/" & _
    StringMid($dtmDate, 7, 2) & "/" & StringLeft($dtmDate, 4) _
    & " " & StringMid($dtmDate, 9, 2) & ":" & StringMid($dtmDate, 11, 2) & ":" & StringMid($dtmDate,13, 2))
EndFunc

Earthshine
Posted (edited)

remember you are querying a database of sorts, you get a result set to iterate through. I don't think those are array's the way you are thinking.

and my sig is from I, Robot, maybe a little different but supposed to convey the same message.

that was a great movie, but nowhere near what Issac Asimov created with that story. But, I loved it anyway.

Edited by Earthshine

FrancescoDiMuro

@Earthshine
Thanks for the reply :)
But look at this, and this.
How can you retrieve values from a Property which is an array, in the WMI query result? :) 

Best Regards.

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

Thanks in advance.

Earthshine

did you not see this post?

FrancescoDiMuro

@Earthshine
Yes I did... Now I've copy-pasted the code of that function, and applied to my script; but, there is certainty that the array will always be an array, and will always contains values? :)
Sorry for my newbie question :)

Best Regards.

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

Thanks in advance.

Earthshine

Each time through the loop I would check to see if it was an array and if it was then usually get array

FrancescoDiMuro
Posted (edited)

Good morning @Earthshine:)
So, a normal

If IsArray($objProperty.Value) Then
    ; Do stuffs with array
Else
    ; Do stuffs if is not an array
EndIf

would be correct, isn't it? :)
Thanks for your help.

Best Regards.

Edited by FrancescoDiMuro

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

Thanks in advance.

Earthshine

Yes it should

FrancescoDiMuro

@Earthshine Thanks a lot man.
Have a good day :)

Best Regards.

• Thanks 1

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

Thanks in advance.