kelso

Drop down in IE? Can't select a value!

kelso

Hello Guru's,

I'm trying to write an autoit script to select from the dropdown list as you see in the attached picture. 

I read the help page for _IEFormElementOptionSelect, but I cannot grasp how to correlate that with the source code that I'm seeing. any suggestions?

image001.png

kelso
25 minutes ago, Danp2 said:

Hard to make heads or tails from an image of the HTML. Can you post the URL for the site?

It's an internal website so I can't.. anything I can provide to help?

jdelaney
Posted (edited)

That's just an input, with some other type of popup.  You can just set the value with _IEFormElementSetValue.

If you do need to click one of the 'options', then post the HTML source for that.

Edited by jdelaney

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

kelso
23 hours ago, jdelaney said:

That's just an input, with some other type of popup.  You can just set the value with _IEFormElementSetValue.

If you do need to click one of the 'options', then post the HTML source for that.

On 6/26/2018 at 3:06 PM, Danp2 said:

Hard to make heads or tails from an image of the HTML. Can you post the URL for the site?

This is what I get when I try to get all the elements:

How do I basically set this ID from Local to something else?

s.PNG

jdelaney

What am I looking at...are those the nodes inside the div with id=domain?

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

kelso
16 hours ago, jdelaney said:

What am I looking at...are those the nodes inside the div with id=domain?

Yes. it appears I need to update the inner.text to the right domain I want, instead of LOCAL.

Danp2
On 6/26/2018 at 5:29 PM, kelso said:

It's an internal website so I can't

This appears to be a site provided by a 3rd party. Can you provide more details on the site? Can you find a publicly available version from the same vendor?

jdelaney

What would an actual human do.  find those steps and convert to script.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Pagi
      By Pagi

<a href="index.php=4143b27b41db0a40c499202865c3e24d" class="menuitem " target="\_self"> "Menu Item 1" </a>
      Can you tell me if it´s possible to click this menu button? If yes, how? Cause I have no idea, I think i should use _IETagNameGetCollection
    • milkmoron
      By milkmoron
      https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/153520-iuiautomation-ms-framework-automate-chrome-ff-ie/?do=findComment&comment=1156373 At least we have an element title: [Entered By:] class: [WindowsForms10.EDIT.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1] Having the following values for all properties: Title is: <Entered By:> Class := <WindowsForms10.EDIT.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1> controltype:= <UIA_EditControlTypeId> ,<50004> , (0000C354) 322;370;736;184 *** Parent Information top down *** 3: Title is: <View Activity> Class := <WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1> controltype:= <UIA_WindowControlTypeId> ,<50032> , (0000C370) 306;72;784;605 "Title:=View Activity;controltype:=UIA_WindowControlTypeId;class:=WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1"" 2: Title is: <> Class := <WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1> controltype:= <UIA_PaneControlTypeId> ,<50033> , (0000C371) 314;103;768;542 "Title:=;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1"" 1: Title is: <> Class := <WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1> controltype:= <UIA_PaneControlTypeId> ,<50033> , (0000C371) 314;103;749;451 "Title:=;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1"" 0: Title is: <Delete> Class := <WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1> controltype:= <UIA_PaneControlTypeId> ,<50033> , (0000C371) 314;122;749;432 "Title:=Delete;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1"" ;~ *** Standard code maintainable *** #include "UIAWrappers.au3" AutoItSetOption("MustDeclareVars", 1) _UIA_setVar("oP1","Title:=View Activity;controltype:=UIA_WindowControlTypeId;class:=WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1") ;View Activity _UIA_setVar("oP2","Title:=;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1") ; _UIA_setVar("oP3","Title:=;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1") ; _UIA_setVar("oP4","Title:=Delete;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1") ;Delete _UIA_setVar("EnteredBy:.mainwindow","title:=Entered By:;classname:=WindowsForms10.EDIT.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1") ;~ Actions split away from logical/technical definition above can come from configfiles ;~_UIA_Action("oP1","highlight") _UIA_Action("oP1","setfocus") ;~_UIA_Action("oP2","highlight") _UIA_Action("oP2","setfocus") ;~_UIA_Action("oP3","highlight") _UIA_Action("oP3","setfocus") ;~_UIA_Action("oP4","highlight") _UIA_Action("oP4","setfocus") _UIA_action("EnteredBy:.mainwindow","setfocus") ;~ *** Standard code Flexible*** #include "UIAWrappers.au3" AutoItSetOption("MustDeclareVars", 1) Local $oP3=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll($UIA_oDesktop, "Title:=View Activity;controltype:=UIA_WindowControlTypeId;class:=WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1", $treescope_children) _UIA_Action($oP3,"setfocus") Local $oP2=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll($oP3, "Title:=;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1", $treescope_children) _UIA_Action($oP2,"setfocus") Local $oP1=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll($oP2, "Title:=;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1", $treescope_children) _UIA_Action($oP1,"setfocus") Local $oP0=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll($oP1, "Title:=Delete;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1", $treescope_children) _UIA_Action($oP0,"setfocus") _UIA_setVar("EnteredBy:.mainwindow","title:=Entered By:;classname:=WindowsForms10.EDIT.app.0.30495d1_r9_ad1") _UIA_action("EnteredBy:.mainwindow","setfocus") Need some help selecting this defining it as a variable to save and then insert the text within, to the same application but different account.
    • SkysLastChance
      By SkysLastChance
      So I have two things I am trying to click.
      Policy which works.
      $oInputs3 = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "div") For $oInput3 in $oInputs3 If StringStripWS($oInput3.innertext,1) = "Policy" Then $target = $oInput3 _IELoadWait($target,"",70000) ExitLoop EndIf Next _IEAction($target, "click")  

And Add Insurance which I havent been able to get to work. 
      $oInputs2 = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "div") For $oInput2 in $oInputs2 If StringStripWS($oInput2.innertext,1) = "Add Insurance" Then $target = $oInput2 _IELoadWait($target,"",70000) ExitLoop EndIf Next _IEAction($target, "click")

Any Ideas on what I am doing wrong?  I feel like it might be the spaces between >  Add Insurance  < but I am not sure. 
    • FMS
      By FMS
      Hello,
      I'm trying to read a div element and wait until it hits 100%.
      The structure is like :
      <div class="progress-bar" style="width: 48.0219%;  overflow: hidden; "></div>
      And want to wait until :
      <div class="progress-bar" style="width: 100%;  overflow: hidden; "></div>
      because afther this there will be an redirection whish i don't know the URL from and want to catsh this URL.
      And want to push a button on this redidertion page.

Is there a best pratice way how to do this or is there a better way to wait for the redirection?
      Maybe wait until button exist or something?

Does anybody could give me some tips about this challange?

thnx in advanced.

#include <IE.au3> Global $IE_flvto = _IECreate("https://www.website.com/",0,1,1,1) Global $oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName ($IE_flvto, "convertForm") Global $oText = _IEFormElementGetObjByName ($oForm, "convertUrl") _IEFormElementSetValue ($oText, "some text") _IEFormSubmit($oForm) ;wait for redirection ;if redirection loaded push button  
    • PleaseHelpMEIWillLoveyou
      By PleaseHelpMEIWillLoveyou
      Is there a way to use a custom terminal or something from my pc and run a script on another pc.
      please let me know if its possible
      (not for anything bad just for a project im working on)