Sign in to follow this  
Dragonfighter

How can I split a binary file data in an array?

#include <iostream>
#include <fstream>
#include <string>

int main () {
  std::ifstream is ("image.png", std::ifstream::binary);
  unsigned char buffer_array[4][4];
  if (is) {

is.seekg (0, is.end);
    int length = is.tellg();
    is.seekg (0, is.beg);

char * buffer = new char [length];
    is.read (buffer,length);
    //Here I get the error
    unsigned char * buffer_str=buffer;
    for (int count1=0; count1<4; count1=count1+1)
        {
            for (int count2=0; count2<4; count2=count2+1)
            {
                //Here I get the others two errors
                buffer_array[count1][count2]=buffer_str.substr(0, 2);
                buffer_str.erase(0, 2)
                };
                };

return 0;
};
};

My goal is to split the binary buffer of the image.png in an array, I tried using string modifiers but I get two errors: request for member 'erase' in 'buffer_str', which is of non-class type 'unsigned char*' thats what I get when build.

Edited by Dragonfighter

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good morning Forums 
      In these days, I am working on a project that involved me to use some Windows APIs to obtain some information about Terminal Servers.
      I'm doing this using wtsapi32.dll in a VBA Project, but, the lack of knowledge about few things threated in the articles make this quite difficult to
      implement and understand at the same time.
      The most difficult thing I'm facing is "translating" C/C++ functions or struct in VBA when pointers are used, or pointers of pointers, and so on.
      Since VBA seems to not have a pointer type, to make those functions work I need to implement other functions taken from other DLLs, and this confuses me a lot.
      For example, starting from this code, I splitted all the functions and all the definitions to understand why they are there, and why I need to use them.
      At the end, I've found out that the code I was going to implement starting from the functions provided in the Microsoft Docs won't be ever be able to work without some supplementary functions which are not mentioned anywhere.
      So, I was wondering if someone would please point me out to a good and practical exaplanation about pointers (in general) or specifically for VBA, because I need to use them quite often in these days, and I'd like to understand what I am doing.
      Thanks in advance.

Best Regards and Stay at home 🏡

• By jamesbowers
      Hi guys! I have a problem that i hope you give me an advice to solve it. I have writing this code and it doesn't run cuz its a problem.
      C2562 'Draw':'void' function returning a vaue.....
      I dont know what to correct.

• By orbs
      for a savvy c++ developer, how hard would it be to compile this into a standalone Win32 console executable?
      i have almost no experience with c++ (and i have no need for any more, since i have AutoIt for pretty much all my requirements). i can compile a simple "hello world" executable (and even embed the mfc dll for backward compatibility). but i am quite interested with that project. your opinion?

P.S. this relates to AutoIt quite simply - once (if and when) i have that project as a standalone executable, i have a GUI made with AutoIt to execute it, then post-process and display the output.

• By Dragonfighter
      Autoit version: 3.3.14.5
      System: Windows 10 Home x64
      C++ IDE: Code::Blocks 17.12
      When I call the Dll that I wrote it give me how return value -1073741819 and exit value 3221225477, I tried changing variables type but it didn't work.
      This is the Autoit code:
      #Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=n #EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** $dll = DllOpen(@ScriptDir & "\Test.dll") DllCall($dll, "NONE", "TestFunction", "STR", "1 string", "STR", "2 string", "STR", "3 string", "INT", 1) ;Here crash and doesn't show the MsgBox MsgBox(0, "", @error) DllClose($dll) This is the main.cpp code:
      #include <iostream> #include <Windows.h> #include "main.h" using namespace std; extern "C" { DECLDIR void TestFunction(std::string string1, std::string string2, std::string string3, int number1) { std::cout << string1 << std::endl; std::cout << string2 << std::endl; std::cout << string3 << std::endl; std::cout << number1 << std::endl; } } And that is the main.h:
      #ifndef _DLLTEST_H_ #define _DLLTEST_H_ #define DLL_EXPORT #if defined DLL_EXPORT #define DECLDIR __declspec(dllexport) #else #define DECLDIR __declspec(dllimport) #endif extern "C" { DECLDIR void TestFunction(std::string string1, std::string string2, std::string string3, int number1); } #endif  
      And the values of the variables that write to the SciTe console ae completely different.
      Here I attach the console output of the SciTe editor:
      >"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Users\DragonFighter\Desktop\Dll test.au3" /UserParams +>10:30:08 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.17.224.935.0 SciTE v.3.7.3.0 Keyboard:00000410 OS:WIN_10/ CPU:X64 OS:X64 Environment(Language:0410) CodePage:0 utf8.auto.check:4 +> SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE UserDir => C:\Users\DragonFighter\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\DragonFighter\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE >Running AU3Check (3.3.14.5) from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3 input:C:\Users\DragonFighter\Desktop\Dll test.au3 +>10:30:08 AU3Check ended.rc:0 >Running:(3.3.14.5):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Users\DragonFighter\Desktop\Dll test.au3" --> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop �Á+���Uø‰q�‰A�‹O`ÆEÿ�èèÖÿÿƒÄ €}ÿ!>10:30:10 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:-1073741819 +>10:30:10 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished. >Exit code: 3221225477 Time: 3.414  
      Thanks in advance for every reply.
    • By marcoauto
      Ciao
      I would like to control an ATEM Video Mixer from autoit. I downloaded his SDK which is written in c ++ and I found the sequences to interface, but I was not able to convert the script to self.
      The instructions say to follow this sequence:
      and to connectTo with C++ is:
      string address = "192.168.1.240"; _BMDSwitcherConnectToFailure failureReason = 0; IBMDSwitcher switcher = null; var discovery = new CBMDSwitcherDiscovery(); discovery.ConnectTo(address, out switcher, out failureReason); From Blackmagic SDK:
      IBMDSwitcherDiscovery::ConnectTo method
      The ConnectTo method connects to the specified switcher and returns an IBMDSwitcher object interface for the switcher.
      Syntax HRESULT ConnectTo (string deviceAddress, IBMDSwitcher** switcherDevice, BMDSwitcherConnectToFailure* failReason); Parameters: deviceAddress in Network hostname or IP address of switcher to connect to. switcherDevice out IBMDSwitcher object interface for the connected switcher. failReason out Reason for connection failure as a BMDSwitcherConnectToFailure value. So, I have I tried these solutions but with non success:
      $DllName =@ScriptDir&"\BMDSwitcherAPI.dll" $result = DllCall($DllName, "none", "IBMDSwitcherDiscovery::ConnectTo" & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("DLLCall Result: " & $result & @CRLF) and I have tried also create an Object (That I think is the best way solution):
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> $oSwitcher=ObjCreate("IBMDSwitcher") If IsObj($oSwitcher) Then MsgBox(64, "", "Object $oSwitcher created successfully") EndIf $oAtem=ObjCreate("IBMDSwitcherDiscovery") If IsObj($oAtem) Then MsgBox(64, "", "Object $oAtem created successfully") EndIf $failureReason =ObjCreate("_BMDSwitcherConnectToFailure") If IsObj($failureReason) Then MsgBox(64, "", "Object $failureReason created successfully") EndIf $oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "MyErrFunc") ; Install a custom error handler Global $errore,$oSwitcher1 $oAtem.ConnectTo("192.168.1.36",$oSwitcher,$failureReason); ; This is the custom error handler Func MyErrFunc() $HexNumber = Hex($oMyError.number, 8) MsgBox(0, "", "We intercepted a COM Error !" & @CRLF & _ "Number is: " & $HexNumber & @CRLF & _ "Windescription is: " & $oMyError.windescription & @CRLF & _ "Source is: " & $oMyError.source & @CRLF & _ "Description is: " & $oMyError.description & @CRLF & _ "Helpfile is: " & $oMyError.helpfile & @CRLF & _ "Helpcontext is: " & $oMyError.helpcontext & @CRLF & _ "Lastdllerror is: " & $oMyError.lastdllerror & @CRLF & _ "Scriptline is: " & $oMyError.scriptline) EndFunc ;==>MyErrFunc But the result is:
      We intercepted a COM Error !
      Number is: 000000A9
      Windescription is: Variable must be of type 'Object'.
      Source is: 
      Description is: 
      Helpfile is: 
      Helpcontext is: 
      Lastdllerror is: 0
      Scriptline is: 17
      The BMDSwitcherAPI.dll is registered in system. Can someone help me?
      Grazie
      Marco