[Solved] I need help dealing with a C++ DLL [ pointer to pointer ]

welcome
I need help dealing with a C++ DLL

Specify that I need help with how to use this function

struct libusb_device;

typedef struct libusb_context libusb_context;

ssize_t LIBUSB_CALL libusb_get_device_list(libusb_context *ctx,libusb_device ***list);

My problem is how to deal with "libusb_device ***list"

my code 

$libusb_device  = DllStructCreate("PTR")

Func libusb_init()
 $Var = DllCall($libusb0, "ptr", "libusb_init",'ptr',$_libusb_device_handle_Ptr)
 If @error Then Return False
 Return $Var[1]
EndFunc

Func libusb_get_device_list()
    MsgBox(0,VarGetType($_libusb_device_handle_Ptr),$_libusb_device_handle_Ptr)
 $Var = DllCall($libusb0, "int", "libusb_get_device_list","ptr",$_libusb_device_handle_Ptr,"ptr*",POINTER(POINTER($libusb_device)))
  $Error = @error
  If $Error Then Return False
 MsgBox(0,VarGetType($Var),$Error&@CRLF&$Var)
 _ArrayDisplay($Var)
  Return $Var[1]
EndFunc

Thank you

iLibUSB.dll iLibUSB_32.dll libusb.h

Edited by DevMode

dongel.png

Hello. Please next time share a runnable code. Here is an example I wrote years ago.

#include <Array.au3>

Global Enum $LIBUSB_SUCCESS = 0
Global $g_sLibName = @AutoItX64 ? "iLibUSB.dll" : "iLibUSB_32.dll"
Global $g_hlibusb = DllOpen($g_sLibName)

_Test()

Func _Test()
    _libusb_init()
    Local $ahDevicesList = _libusb_get_device_list()
    _ArrayDisplay($ahDevicesList)
    _libusb_free_device_list($ahDevicesList)
    _libusb_exit()
EndFunc   ;==>_Test

Func _libusb_exit($hContext = 0)
    DllCall($g_hlibusb, "none", "libusb_exit", "ptr", $hContext)
    If @error Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    Return 1
EndFunc   ;==>_libusb_exit

Func _libusb_free_device_list(ByRef $ahDevicesList, $iUnref_Devices = 1)
    If Not IsArray($ahDevicesList) Or Not UBound($ahDevicesList) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    Local $hDeviceList = (UBound($ahDevicesList, 2) = 4) ? $ahDevicesList[0][0] : $ahDevicesList[0]
    If Not $hDeviceList Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    Local $aCall = DllCall($g_hlibusb, "none", "libusb_free_device_list", "ptr", $hDeviceList, "int", $iUnref_Devices)
    If @error Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    Return 1
EndFunc   ;==>_libusb_free_device_list

Func _libusb_get_device_list($hContext = 0)
    Local $aCall = DllCall($g_hlibusb, "int", "libusb_get_device_list", "ptr", $hContext, "ptr*", 0)
    If @error Or Not $aCall[0] Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    Local $tlibusb_device_list = DllStructCreate("ptr[" & $aCall[0] & "]", $aCall[2])
    Local $ahDevicesList[$aCall[0] + 1]

$ahDevicesList[0] = $aCall[2] ;store libusb_device pointer
    For $i = 1 To $aCall[0]
        $ahDevicesList[$i] = DllStructGetData($tlibusb_device_list, 1, $i)
    Next
    Return $ahDevicesList
EndFunc   ;==>_libusb_get_device_list

Func _libusb_init($bNewhContext = False)
    If Not $g_hlibusb Then Return SetError(1, 0, -1)
    Local $sParamType = ($bNewhContext) ? "ptr*" : "ptr"
    Local $aCall = DllCall($g_hlibusb, "int", "libusb_init", $sParamType, 0)
    If @error Or Not $aCall[0] = $LIBUSB_SUCCESS Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    Return $aCall[1]
EndFunc   ;==>_libusb_init

PD: I like your website. It's nice.

Saludos

Edited by Danyfirex
Added Free functions
  • DevMode changed the title to [Solved] I need help dealing with a C++ DLL [ pointer to pointer ]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bobflumox
      Hi all,
      My programming knowledge is very basic.
      I have an old script that creates shares and assign permissions. It normally registers SetAcl.ocx if necessary and creates an object to assign permissions.
      The command that registers SetAcl was apparently working fine under Windows 7 but is not working under Windows 10.
      RunWait("regsvr32.exe path\to\setacl.ocx /s", "", @SW_HIDE) As I'm logged in as admin, I changed this command to :
      RunAsWait(@UserName, "", "", 0, "regsvr32.exe path\to\setacl.ocx /s", "", @SW_HIDE) It seems to terminate correctly but the script still doesn't work as expected.
      To check that, I've created that small script :
      Local $objSetAcl = ObjCreate("SETACL.SetACLCtrl.1") If IsObj($objSetAcl) Then ConsoleWrite("Object successfully created." & @CRLF) Else ConsoleWrite("Object not created. Registering SetAcl.ocx" & @CRLF) Local $result = RunAsWait(@UserName, "", "", 0, "regsvr32.exe path\to\setacl.ocx /s", "", @SW_HIDE); Use of my admin username to elevate CMD ConsoleWrite("Return code : " & $result & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("Creating object" & @CRLF) $objSetAcl = ObjCreate("SETACL.SetACLCtrl.1") If IsObj($objSetAcl) Then ConsoleWrite("Object successfully created." & @CRLF) Else ConsoleWrite("Object creation failed." & @CRLF) EndIf EndIf It tries to register SetAcl.ocx, return code 0 seems to be fine but still can't use SetAcl.
      But if I go to CMD as admin, run the regsvr32 command and restart my script, it can create the object without issue.
      I know my poor knowledge makes me miss something. Anyone can help me figure this out ?
    • By Gowrisankar
      Dear members of the forum,
      I'm working on a project in which I have to use Image recognition technique. 
      Due to client restrictions, I couldn't use AutoIt for this project. 
      Is there a way to use this DLL "ImageSearchDLL.dll" (which is used to do image recognition steps in AutoIt) in VB.Net to achieve the same result? 
      I have used this DLL few years before and got good results. If there is a latest version of this DLL and if you can share it, that will be helpful too.
      Any guidance is deeply appreciated.
    • By Colduction
      Hi AutoIt Scripters/Programmers. I have a question about MIME Tools for Notepad++:
      I've recently found a UDF about Base64 in forum, but they can't decode\encode correctly some emojis , other UTFs and etc. so i decided to use mimeTools.dll of Notepad++ or main site
      My problem is how to use this dll in AutoIt Language?

I will be happy with your comments and answers❤ Thanks.
    • By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good morning Forums 
      In these days, I am working on a project that involved me to use some Windows APIs to obtain some information about Terminal Servers.
      I'm doing this using wtsapi32.dll in a VBA Project, but, the lack of knowledge about few things threated in the articles make this quite difficult to
      implement and understand at the same time.
      The most difficult thing I'm facing is "translating" C/C++ functions or struct in VBA when pointers are used, or pointers of pointers, and so on.
      Since VBA seems to not have a pointer type, to make those functions work I need to implement other functions taken from other DLLs, and this confuses me a lot.
      For example, starting from this code, I splitted all the functions and all the definitions to understand why they are there, and why I need to use them.
      At the end, I've found out that the code I was going to implement starting from the functions provided in the Microsoft Docs won't be ever be able to work without some supplementary functions which are not mentioned anywhere.
      So, I was wondering if someone would please point me out to a good and practical exaplanation about pointers (in general) or specifically for VBA, because I need to use them quite often in these days, and I'd like to understand what I am doing.
      Thanks in advance.

Best Regards and Stay at home 🏡

• By zuladabef
      All my scripts were working fine and now I am getting this error.  How do I resolve it?  Which folder(s) do the DLLs need to be in?
      ! Dll not found or Call Dll error !