Jemboy

Change file time en date on FTP-server

Hi,

Ones(some times twice) a month I get an e-mail with zip file, which has price updates from a supplier.
I have to upload the file to an FTP to get it processed.

When uploading the file, it will get "timestamped" with the time and date at which time the file was uploaded.
Normally this is fine, because I mostly upload the file the same day.
Sometimes it may take 1 or 2 days before I can upload the file.

For historical purpose, I would like to have the file timestamped with the original date.

I have tried using:  _FTP_Command ( $hFTPSession, "MFCT YYYYMMDDHHMMSS path") 

however this command does not work or change the timestamp as I expected.

Does anyone now a way how I can change the timestamp of a FTP-file?

@Jemboy
Does the function return any error? :)

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

Thoughts:

• I will always thank you for the time you spent for me.
    I'm here to ask, and from your response, I'd like to learn.
    By my knowledge, I can help someone else, and "that someone" could help in turn another, and so on.

/*--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

Can you please post the whole code, and, maybe, adding @error checking to the other _FTP* functions too, in order to see if there are any errors before you use this function? :)

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

Thoughts:

• I will always thank you for the time you spent for me.
    I'm here to ask, and from your response, I'd like to learn.
    By my knowledge, I can help someone else, and "that someone" could help in turn another, and so on.

/*--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

Hi Francesco, it took me some time because I wanted to post a working testcode with a live ftp-server to trouble shoot.

On the FTP server, I first tested the _FTP_Command function with some basic server functions like e.g. PWD.
After getting non-error result I new suspected that my code was valid, but that the MFCT command was not working.

With Google I found out, that not alll time-date FTP command work on every server, so I started checking the time command I found at:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_FTP_commands with some info from: https://support.solarwinds.com/Success_Center/Serv-U_Managed_File_Transfer_Serv-U_FTP_Server/Knowledgebase_Articles/MFMT_FTP_command 

Testing with _FTP_Command ( $Conn, "MFMT YYYYMMDDHHMMSS file")  resulted into the  file time and dated being changed.

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=n
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#include <FTPEx.au3>
#include <Array.au3>

Local $server = "185.182.57.118"
Local $username = "autoit@testweb.nl"
Local $pass = "P w T e s t 2 0 1 8"

Local $Open = _FTP_Open('MyFTP Control')
Local $Conn = _FTP_Connect($Open, $server, $username, $pass,1)

; Get FTP files with extended data - Return files (2), $INTERNET_FLAG_NO_CACHE_WRITE (0) and date formatted: mm/dd/yyyy (0)
Local $aFile = _FTP_ListToArrayEx($Conn, 2,0,0)

; change the date if WIL05016.080 in the current ftp dir, date format = YYYYMMDDHHMMSS
; see also: https://support.solarwinds.com/Success_Center/Serv-U_Managed_File_Transfer_Serv-U_FTP_Server/Knowledgebase_Articles/MFMT_FTP_command
$ResrFC = _FTP_Command ( $Conn, "MFMT 20180102110101 WIL05016.080")  ; use MFMT and not MFCT

_ArrayDisplay ($aFile,"FTP Test")

Local $Ftpc = _FTP_Close($Open)

By removing the spaces between the letters in $pass, the code should be 100% working (until I disable the FTP-server).
The time and date of WIL05016.080 should be 09/05/2018, but has been changed after running the code to: 01/02/2018.

When uploading a file to FTP-server, it usually gets the current date and time.
If some how you want to preserve e.g. the existing filedate, you might use the MFTM command after uploading files.

Edited by Jemboy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Inpho
      Hi All,
      I intend on keeping custom functions/UDFs (works in progress) here; if anyone wants to use any code, feel free.
      String functions:
      #AutoIt3Wrapper_AU3Check_Parameters=-d -w- 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 #include-once ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _DateTimeGet ; Description ...: Returns the date and time formatted for use in sortable filenames, logs, listviews, etc. ; Syntax ........: _DateTimeGet(iType = 1[, $bHumanFormat = False]) ; Parameters ....: $iType - [optional] an integer value. Default is 1. ; 1 - Date and time in file-friendly format; 20190115_113756 ; 2 - Date in file-friendly format; 20190115 ; 3 - Time in file friendly format; 113756 ; $bHumanFormat - [optional] a boolean value. Default is False. ; True - Includes slashes in the date and colons in the time with a space inbetween ; False - No slashes or colons included with an underscore inbetween ; Return values .: Success - String ; Failure - Sets @error to non-zero and returns an empty string ; Author ........: Sam Coates ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _DateTimeGet($iType = 1, $bHumanFormat = False) If $iType < 1 Or $iType > 3 Then Return (SetError(-1, 0, "")) ;; Param1: ;; 1 = Date and time in file friendly format: 20190115_113756 ;; 2 = Date in file friendly format: 20190115 ;; 3 = Time in file friendly format: 113756 ;; Param2: ;; True = Use human-readable format: 15/01/2019 11:37:56 Local $sTime = @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC Local $sDate = @MDAY & "/" & @MON & "/" & @YEAR If $iType = 1 Then If $bHumanFormat = False Then $sTime = StringReplace($sTime, ":", "") $sDate = StringReplace($sDate, "/", "") $sDate = StringTrimLeft($sDate, 4) & StringMid($sDate, 3, 2) & StringLeft($sDate, 2) Return ($sDate & "_" & $sTime) Else Return ($sDate & " " & $sTime) EndIf ElseIf $iType = 2 Then If $bHumanFormat = False Then $sDate = StringReplace($sDate, "/", "") $sDate = StringTrimLeft($sDate, 4) & StringMid($sDate, 3, 2) & StringLeft($sDate, 2) EndIf Return ($sDate) ElseIf $iType = 3 Then If $bHumanFormat = False Then $sTime = StringReplace($sTime, "/", "") EndIf Return ($sTime) EndIf EndFunc ;==>_DateTimeGet ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _FileToFileExtension ; Description ...: Returns a file extension from a filename/FQPN (Fully Qualified Path Name) ; Syntax ........: _FileToFileExtension($sPath) ; Parameters ....: $sPath - a string value. ; Return values .: Success - String ; Failure - Empty string as returned from StringTrimLeft() ; Author ........: Sam Coates ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _FileToFileExtension($sPath) Return (StringTrimLeft($sPath, StringInStr($sPath, ".", 0, -1))) EndFunc ;==>_FileToFileExtension ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _FileToFileName ; Description ...: Returns a filename from a FQPN (Fully Qualified Path Name) ; Syntax ........: _FileToFileName($sPath[, $bIncludeExtension = True]) ; Parameters ....: $sPath - a string value. ; $bIncludeExtension - [optional] a boolean value. Default is True. ; Return values .: Success - String ; Failure - Empty string as returned from StringLeft() ; Author ........: Sam Coates ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _FileToFileName($sPath, $bIncludeExtension = True) Local $sReturn = StringTrimLeft($sPath, StringInStr($sPath, "\", 0, -1)) If $bIncludeExtension = False Then $sReturn = StringLeft($sReturn, StringInStr($sReturn, ".", 0, -1) - 1) Return ($sReturn) EndFunc ;==>_FileToFileName ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _FileToFilePath ; Description ...: Returns a folder path from a FQPN (Fully Qualified Path Name) ; Syntax ........: _FileToFilePath($sPath) ; Parameters ....: $sPath - a string value. ; Return values .: Success - String ; Failure - Empty string as returned from StringLeft() ; Author ........: Sam Coates ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _FileToFilePath($sPath) Return (StringLeft($sPath, StringInStr($sPath, "\", 0, -1) - 1)) EndFunc ;==>_FileToFilePath ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _StringLeft ; Description ...: Searches for a string inside a string, then removes everything on the right of that string ; Syntax ........: _StringLeft($sString, $sRemove[, $iCaseSense = 0, $iOccurrence = 1]) ; Parameters ....: $sString - a string value. The string to search inside. ; $sRemove - a string value. The string to search for. ; $iCaseSense - an integer value. Flag to indicate if the operations should be case sensitive. ; $iOccurrence - an integer value. Which occurrence of the substring to find in the string. Use a ; negative occurrence to search from the right side. ; Return values .: Success - String ; Failure - Empty string as returned from StringLeft() ; Author ........: Sam Coates ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _StringLeft($sString, $sRemove, $iCaseSense = 0, $iOccurrence = 1) Return (StringLeft($sString, StringInStr($sString, $sRemove, $iCaseSense, $iOccurrence) - 1)) EndFunc ;==>_StringLeft ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _StringRandom ; Description ...: Returns a string of random characters ; Syntax ........: _StringRandom($iAmount[, $iType = 1]) ; Parameters ....: $iAmount - an integer value. Length of returned string ; $iType - [optional] an integer value. Default is 1. ; 1 - Return digits (0-9) ; 2 - Return hexadecimal (0-9, A - F) ; 3 - Return Alphanumeric upper (0-9, A - Z) ; 4 - Return Alphanumeric (0-9, A - Z, a - z) ; 5 - Return Alpha upper (A - Z) ; 6 - Return Alpha (A - Z, a - z) ; Return values .: Success - String ; Failure - Empty string and @error flag as follows: ; @error : 1 - $iAmount is not a positive integer ; 2 - $iType is out of bounds ; Author ........: Sam Coates ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _StringRandom($iAmount, $iType = 1) If $iAmount < 1 Or IsInt($iAmount) = 0 Then Return (SetError(-1, 0, "")) Local $sString = "" Local $iRandomLow = 1, $iRandomHigh = 62 #Tidy_Off Local Static $aCharId[63] = [0, Chr(48), Chr(49), Chr(50), Chr(51), Chr(52), Chr(53), Chr(54), Chr(55), Chr(56), Chr(57), Chr(65), Chr(66), Chr(67), _ Chr(68), Chr(69), Chr(70), Chr(71), Chr(72), Chr(73), Chr(74), Chr(75), Chr(76), Chr(77), Chr(78), Chr(79), Chr(80), _ Chr(81), Chr(82), Chr(83), Chr(84), Chr(85), Chr(86), Chr(87), Chr(88), Chr(89), Chr(90), Chr(97), Chr(98), Chr(99), _ Chr(100), Chr(101), Chr(102), Chr(103), Chr(104), Chr(105), Chr(106), Chr(107), Chr(108), Chr(109), Chr(110), Chr(111), _ Chr(112), Chr(113), Chr(114), Chr(115), Chr(116), Chr(117), Chr(118), Chr(119), Chr(120), Chr(121), Chr(122)] #Tidy_On If $iType = 1 Then ;; digits: 1 - 10 $iRandomHigh = 10 ElseIf $iType = 2 Then ;; hexadecimal: 1 - 16 $iRandomHigh = 16 ElseIf $iType = 3 Then ;; alnumupper: 1 - 36 $iRandomHigh = 36 ElseIf $iType = 4 Then ;; alnum: 1 - 62 $iRandomHigh = 62 ElseIf $iType = 5 Then ;; alphaupper: 11 - 36 $iRandomLow = 11 $iRandomHigh = 36 ElseIf $iType = 6 Then ;; alpha: 11 = 62 $iRandomLow = 11 $iRandomHigh = 62 Else Return (SetError(-2, 0, "")) EndIf For $i = 1 To $iAmount $sString &= $aCharId[Random($iRandomLow, $iRandomHigh, 1)] ;; append string with corresponding random character from ascii array Next Return ($sString) EndFunc ;==>_StringRandom ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _StringTrimLeft ; Description ...: Searches for a string inside a string, then removes everything on the left of that string ; Syntax ........: _StringTrimLeft($sString, $sRemove[, $iCaseSense = 0, $iOccurrence = 1]) ; Parameters ....: $sString - a string value. The string to search inside. ; $sRemove - a string value. The string to search for. ; $iCaseSense - an integer value. Flag to indicate if the operations should be case sensitive. ; $iOccurrence - an integer value. Which occurrence of the substring to find in the string. Use a ; negative occurrence to search from the right side. ; Return values .: Success - String ; Failure - Empty string as returned from StringTrimLeft() ; Author ........: Sam Coates ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _StringTrimLeft($sString, $sRemove, $iCaseSense = 0, $iOccurrence = 1) Return (StringTrimLeft($sString, StringInStr($sString, $sRemove, $iCaseSense, $iOccurrence) + StringLen($sRemove) - 1)) EndFunc ;==>_StringTrimLeft Examples:
      ConsoleWrite(_StringRandom(100, 6) & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(_StringTrimLeft("C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe", "C:\Windows\System32\") & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(_StringLeft("C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe", "cmd.exe") & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(_FileToFileName("C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe") & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(_FileToFilePath("C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe") & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(_FileToFileExtension("C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe") & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(_StringRandom(6, 4) & "-" & _StringRandom(4, 4) & "-" & _StringRandom(4, 4) & "-" & _StringRandom(4, 4) & "-" & _StringRandom(6, 4)& @CRLF)  
    • By wysocki
      I have a smartphone and I use it to access my email. However, when composing an email on it I have a problem. My list of phone contacts on the phone is very different from my list of email contacts in my Thunderbird desktop app.  I use my Gmail address book to store primarily phone contacts, and I use Thunderbird for my list of email contacts. I wanted a way to get my Thunderbird contact list onto my smartphone to be able to compose emails to addresses in that list. Here's my solution.
      I wrote a script to export my Thunderbird Personal Address Book to a csv file. It then reads that file and re-writes it with html wrappers around the data to make it into a nicely formatted web page. It then uploads the htm file to my website. On my smartphone, I created a shortcut to the file's URL and whenever I click it, I get the list displayed. Each contact shows name and email address along with a COPY button that will put the address into the clipboard. Then in my email client, I can easily paste that address into it. Alternatively, clicking on the actual email link will open a new message dialog in your email client with that address already entered.
      To use the app, all you need to do is use Thunderbird and have a webserver available. You'll need to download the FTPEX.AU3 file from this website and make a few changes to some constants around line 17 for FTP login info, etc.

pab2ftp.au3
    • By Dent
      The following function successfully connects to and uploads a local text file named user.dat
      I have checked the data being written to the text file when it is created locally using a MsgBox and it appears exactly how it should be written to the file. If I comment out the FileDelete and go and open the file locally it is as expected.
      However when I download the file from the FTP server and open it up the text that should be at the end of the file is missing. With each subsequent run more characters are missing.
      I added the Sleep(5000) in case the function was closing the FTP connection too quickly before the file could be fully written but it makes no difference. The user.dat file is (should be) approximately 100 bytes so it is tiny.
      Any idea why this is happening?
      Func UpdateUserData() ; Upload the modified user.dat file Local $hOpen = _FTP_Open("myftp") Local $hConn = _FTP_Connect($hOpen, "my.ftp.server", "user", "pass", 1, 0, 1, 2) If @error Then MsgBox(16, "Error", "Connection failed" & @CRLF & @CRLF & "Please contact support") _FTP_Close($hConn) _FTP_Close($hOpen) Exit EndIf _FTP_FilePut($hConn, @TempDir & "\user.dat", "user.dat") ; Upload the new user.dat file Sleep(5000) If @error <> 0 Then MsgBox(16, "Error", "Couldn't transmit data" & @CRLF & @CRLF & "Please contact support") _FTP_Close($hConn) _FTP_Close($hOpen) Exit EndIf _FTP_Close($hConn) _FTP_Close($hOpen) FileDelete(@TempDir & "\user.dat") EndFunc  
    • By Simpel
      Hi,
      I wanted to use _GetLogonTime() by guinness (https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/19370-autoit-wrappers/?do=findComment&comment=942069).
      #include <Date.au3> #include <Array.au3> ConsoleWrite(_GetLogonTime() & @LF) Func _GetLogonTime($sUserName = @UserName, $sComputerName = @ComputerName) ; Idea by trancexx: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/113611-if-isadmin-not-detected-as-admin/ Local $aRet = DllCall("netapi32.dll", "long", "NetUserGetInfo", "wstr", $sComputerName, "wstr", $sUserName, "dword", 11, "ptr*", 0) _ArrayDisplay($aRet) If @error Or $aRet[0] Then Return SetError(1, 0, False) Local $sHours = DllStructGetData(DllStructCreate("ptr;ptr;ptr;ptr;dword;dword;dword;ptr;ptr;dword;dword;dword;dword;ptr;dword;ptr;dword;dword;byte;dword", $aRet[4]), 18) DllCall("netapi32.dll", "long", "NetApiBufferFree", "ptr", $aRet[4]) Return _DateAdd("h", "-" & $sHours, _NowCalc()) EndFunc ;==>_GetLogonTime It always returns false.
      I displayed $aRet:
      [0]|2221
      [1]|mycomputer
      [2]|myuser
      [3]|11
      [4]|0x0000000000000000
      $aRet[4] shouldn't be 0x0000000000000000 right? Any help?
      Regards, Conrad