2 quick questions about gdi+ usage in loops

Strydr

I would like to make sure that I'm understanding some basic usage and not creating memory problems (or any other type of problems)

Usage scenario would be to do a quick gdi+ operation and then loop again.  The specific operation shouldn't be important for this, as far as I know.

So, as I understand things, the usage would go somewhat like this:

Startup gdi+

go into loop

perform operations

return

once loop is completed, dispose/delete temp images used.

shutdown gdi+

The 2 specific things that I'd like to confirm are:

1)start gdi+ before loop and close it after loop, as opposed to starting and stopping it in each loop session.

2)delete and dispose of temp images used in operations AFTER loop is exited.  The theory being that the memory used is overwritten each loop, as opposed to written sequentially, which could eat a lot of memory. 

Thank you for your help!

ps: I'm really good at NOT including the basics that you need to answer my questions:  sorry if I missed something again.

Yes to question 1 no doubt

Maybe to question 2 depending of the code you are using, if for example you read different part of the screen, or load different images, etc, you may need to dispose at each action...

The image would be different (same location, tho) each loop, with the possibility of different sizes.  Interesting!  Sounds as if it would be safer to clean up.

Any idea if there are there any appreciable performance hits or other issues by cleaning up after each loop?  (I would imagine that this is a stupid question, but I have to ask)