XinYoung

If...Then - Based on string in an array?

XinYoung

Hello all! I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday festivities. :dance:

I'm working on a script that involves copying a string of text from an Excel workbook and searching for it in a particular website's search tool. If a result is found, it will do something. If not, it will do something else.

So far, it can successfully execute the search -- and then it shows me the results in an array.

Screenshot of the successful search:

image.thumb.png.aa88465fbd5b619c83a81a4001ff8496.png

The search results in an array:

image.png.168519f41ea7f96267f125c47cf59535.png

Here's the code (sorry for all my comments):

;~ All the functions this app performs require the external files listed here. So, theyre "included".
#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <WinAPIFiles.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#include <Excel.au3>
#include <DateTimeConstants.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include <WinAPIShellEx.au3>
#include <Date.au3>
#include <ComboConstants.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>
#include <WinAPIProc.au3>
#include <WinAPISys.au3>
#include <WinAPIConstants.au3>
#include <Crypt.au3>
#include <ColorConstants.au3>
#include <guimenu.au3>
#include <IE.au3>

;~ Kill all functions and close the app at anytime by pressing F4.
HotKeySet("{F4}", "_Exit")
;~ Keep track whether or not a file is selected. When the program first opens, a file is currently not selected.
Global $FileChosen = 0
;~ The app must remember certain strings of text:
  ;~    1. Login page
  Global $urlBBLogin = "website.com"
  ;~    2. Credentials
  Global $bbUsername = "USER"
  Global $bbPassword = "PW"
  ;~  3. Search page
  Global $urlBBCourseSearch = "website.com/search"

;~ When you launch the app, the UI gets built and is displayed to the user in the center of the screen. the "Function" buttons are disabled until a file is chosen.
$MasterUI = GUICreate("Master Re-Creator", 469, 145, -1, -1)
$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Choose the Excel file", 8, 8, 103, 17)
$Select = GUICtrlCreateButton("Select File", 16, 32, 75, 25)
$FileName = GUICtrlCreateLabel("[No File Selected]", 104, 40, 88, 17)
$Group1 = GUICtrlCreateGroup("Functions", 8, 72, 449, 65)
$CheckCourse = GUICtrlCreateButton("Check Courses Exist", 24, 96, 123, 25)
GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DISABLE)
$DeleteCourse = GUICtrlCreateButton("Delete Courses", 168, 96, 123, 25)
$CopyCourse = GUICtrlCreateButton("Copy Courses", 312, 96, 123, 25)
GUICtrlCreateGroup("", -99, -99, 1, 1)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

;~  While the UI is open, it listens for triggers (in this case, button presses).
While 1
    $UI = GUIGetMsg()
    Select
;~  If the app is closed, the _Exit() function is performed (same function the F4 hotkey calls).
        Case $UI = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            _Exit()
;~  The user has clicked the "Select File" button, the _LocateGetFileName() function is performed. Go there.
        Case $UI = $Select
            _LocateGetFileName()
;~  The user has clicked the "Check Courses Exist" button.
        Case $UI = $CheckCourse
            _CheckCourses()
;~  Other buttons are not ready
    EndSelect
WEnd

;~  The user clicked the "Select File" button. This function will execute now.
Func _LocateGetFileName()
;~  Prepare the app to take note of the details of a file.
    Local $sDrive = "", $sDir = "", $sFileName = "", $sExtension = ""
;~  Open a File Explorer to allow the user to select a file. Only Excel files are allowed to be chosen.
    Global $ChosenFileName = FileOpenDialog("Locate File", @DesktopDir, "Excel Files (*.xlsx)|Excel Macro Files (*.xlsm)", BitOR(1, 2), "")
    If @error Then
        Return 0
    EndIf
;~  When an Excel file is selected, remember of the files location (path), file name, and file extension.
    $aPathSplit = _PathSplit($ChosenFileName, $sDrive, $sDir, $sFileName, $sExtension)
;~  Show me what file I selected in a Message Box.
    MsgBox(0, "Selected File", $sFileName)
;~  Display the chosen file name in the UI label (previously [No File Selected]) and make it green.
    GUICtrlSetData($FileName, "")
    $FileName = GUICtrlCreateLabel($sFileName, 104, 40)
    $FileName = GUICtrlSetColor($FileName, 0x32CD32)
;~ A file is now selected. The "Function" buttons are now enabled.
    Global $FileChosen = 1
    GUICtrlSetState($CheckCourse, $GUI_ENABLE)
    GUICtrlSetState($DeleteCourse, $GUI_ENABLE)
    GUICtrlSetState($CopyCourse, $GUI_ENABLE)
EndFunc   ;==>_LocateGetFileName

;~  The user clicked the "Check Courses" button. This function will execute now.
Func _CheckCourses()
;~  Disable the "Function" buttons again to prevent multiple processes.
    GUICtrlSetState($CheckCourse, $GUI_DISABLE)
    GUICtrlSetState($DeleteCourse, $GUI_DISABLE)
    GUICtrlSetState($CopyCourse, $GUI_DISABLE)
;~  Open a IE window and navigate to the login page.
    Global $oIE = _IECreate($urlBBLogin)
;~  Recognize the form on this page (login input boxes).
    Local $oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "login")
    Local $oTextLogin = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "user_id")
    Local $oTextPass = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "password")
;~  Enter the Automation user credentials into the form.
    _IEFormElementSetValue($oTextLogin, $bbUsername)
    _IEFormElementSetValue($oTextPass, $bbPassword)
;~  Click the Login button.
    _IEFormSubmit($oForm)

;~  Now that were logged in, navigate to the course search page.
    _IENavigate($oIE, $urlBBCourseSearch)
;~  Change the search criteria to "Course ID"
    _bbCourseSearchCategoryChange("Course ID")

;~  Open the selected Excel file
    Local $oAppl = _Excel_Open()
    Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oAppl, $ChosenFileName, Default, Default, True)

;~ Copy just whats in cell A1 (for now)
    _Excel_RangeCopyPaste($oWorkbook.Worksheets(1), "A1")
    Global $WhatsCopied = ClipGet()
;~ Paste whats copied into the search text box and click submit
    Local $oForm = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "courseManagerFormSearch")
    Local $oSearchString = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "courseInfoSearchText")
    _IEFormElementSetValue($oSearchString, $WhatsCopied)
    _IEFormSubmit($oForm)

;~ Lets see what we got from the search
    Local $oBBTable = _IETableGetCollection($oIE, 2)
    Local $aBBTableData = _IETableWriteToArray($oBBTable)
    _ArrayDisplay($aBBTableData)
EndFunc   ;==>_CheckCourses

;~ This function allows changing the search criteria.
Func _bbCourseSearchCategoryChange($sCategoryToSearch)
    Local $aSearchCategory[6] = ["Course ID", "Course Name", "Description", "Instructor", "Data Source Key", "Term"]
    Local $oForm = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "courseManagerFormSearch")
    Local $oSearchCategory = _IEGetObjByName($oForm, "courseInfoSearchKeyString")
    _IEAction($oSearchCategory, "focus")
    _IEFormElementOptionSelect($oSearchCategory, $aSearchCategory[$sCategoryToSearch], 1, "byText")
EndFunc   ;==>_bbCourseSearchCategoryChange

;~ All exit commands, including F4, calls this function
Func _Exit()
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>_Exit

My main question is: How do I create an If... Then based on what is found in the search results? I need additional tasks to run if Col 1, Row 2 in the array contains the exact string I searched for. (Am I going about this the right way?)

My next question (I might make a new thread for): How do I make the whole thing loop, as in, copy the next cell in the Excel sheet and do the whole thing over again until there's no more? I understand that a For/Next loop thingy would be used. I just don't know how. Loops are really confusing to me.

Thank you all for your guidance and have a happy new year!

• Like 1

Subz

You can use _ArraySearch to find the index of the search item and if it equals -1 then you know the item was not found for example:

$iSearchIndex = _ArraySearch($aBBTableData, "Instructor Name", 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0)
If $iSearchIndex = -1 Then
    MsgBox(4096, "Search Error", "Item not found")
Else
    MsgBox(4096, "Search Success", $aBBTableData[$iSearchIndex][0] & " = " & $aBBTableData[$iSearchIndex][1])
EndIf

You can loop through the array by using the following, I've included both 1d and 2d example,

;~ 1d Array
Local $1dArray = [1,2,3,4,5]
Local $2dArray = [[1,10],[2,20],[3,30],[4,40],[5,50]]

;~ Instruction to loop from first row (0) to the last row (Ubound($1dArray) - 1) within the array
For $i = 0 To UBound($1dArray) - 1
    ;~ $1dArray[Row#]
    ;~ Example: $1dArray[$i] - Returns the row item
    ConsoleWrite($1dArray[$i] & @CRLF)
Next

;~ Instruction to loop from first row (0) to the last row (Ubound($2dArray) - 1) within the array
For $i = 0 To UBound($2dArray) - 1
    ;~ $2dArray[Row#][Column#]
    ;~ Example: $2dArray[$i][0] - Returns the rows first column item
    ;~ Example: $2dArray[$i][1] - Returns the rows second column item
    ConsoleWrite($2dArray[$i][0] & " = " & $2dArray[$i][1] & @CRLF)
Next

XinYoung
Posted (edited)

OK, I see what you're saying, but there's something weird about this website... I'm getting a "successful" search result even when nothing is found.

For example, I made it search for "blahblahblah", which definitely does not exist, and the array is still able to grab something and gave me the "Search Success" outcome.

I used ArrayDisplay to see exactly what it found, and it's this:

image.png.032d6905f151ba730d1ad9a49177c841.png

^So this is actually a "failed" search...

Any suggestions? :think:

[Edit] My mistake, even with this result I got the "Search Error" msgbox so I guess it's working. Let me see if I can get it to do the thing now... Thank you! [Edit]

Edited by XinYoung

Subz

Can you post your _ArraySearch code and also can you show the actual result of _ArraySearch?

XinYoung

From a good search, I get this array:

image.png.c6c3177a0e313daa116963cdb908ad1d.png

I used your exact code for _ArraySearch:

Func Forums()
    $iSearchIndex = _ArraySearch($aBBTableData, "Instructor Name", 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0)
    Else
        MsgBox(4096, "Search Success", $aBBTableData[$iSearchIndex][0] & " = " & $aBBTableData[$iSearchIndex][1])
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>Forums

Which gives me this: 

image.png.9a5627a2c4416c34a96bce6d2d68a08a.png

--> But if I change "Instructor Name" to "Course ID", I get the Search Error result. Why is that? I need it to find the Course ID. 

Func Forums()
    $iSearchIndex = _ArraySearch($aBBTableData, "Course ID", 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0)
    Else
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>Forums

image.png.6f415a9a2ad5e5fad3151fe98a7ed8d4.png

Subz

Can you try a partial search, might be other hidden characters in the string.

$iSearchIndex = _ArraySearch($aBBTableData, "Instructor Name", 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0)

• Like 1

ModemJunki

I think that "True" has to be set for the last parameter for the sub-index to be the search target in a 2d array.

$iSearchIndex = _ArraySearch($aBBTableData, "Instructor Name", 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, True)

Always carry a towel.

Subz

I believe the last parameter selects row to search rather than column to search.

XinYoung

OMG the partial search fixed it!

image.png.dd4dec3b95c636db7a2e04b050f3e86d.png

Now I can try to make it do things! Thank you so much and happy new year!

I'll be back real soon :sweating:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• wolflake
      By wolflake
      I've used PowerPro for years and it had a feature that let you turn an array into a menu.  It also let you know if it got a right click. I liked the right click feature because it doubled the menu item usage ie left/right on the same menu item.  I tried recreate that usage with a context menu.   With _ArrayToMenu you can pass menu items for 1 and 2 dimensional arrays. Note you can indicate sub-menu but using a -> at the end of the item.  Use a - to make a separater. Optionally you can pass Tooltips by passing a second array. This array must have the same dimensions as the items array even if not all the elements contain tips. The UDF returns an array with this index of row (and if submenus column), the third element is 1 if right clicked otherwise 0 and the fourth element of the array is the label of the menu item. If the user escapes without choosing an item the the first element returns a -1.  Same thing if the user clicks on another window.   @error returns 1 if there was no array passed, 2 if the second array has different dimensions than the first.   If you use the same label in two parts of your menu you will have to distinguish them.  You can do that by additionally making sure that the selection matches the index number(s).  Note that you'll have to match the index number plus label before you match just the label because Switch will use the first match it can find.  In the example below I am using a check on which column the data is in.  If it's not in the first column then it must be the other "Beef".   Beef
      Fruit
      Col2 > Beef
                  Bread   $aR = _ArrayToMenu($aM) Switch $aR[3]
      Case "Beef" and $aR[2] = 0
             Beef1()
       Case "Beef"
             Beef2()
      EndSwitch   On a technical note I attached the context menu to the window itself not a dummy control and I didn't use _GUICtrlMenu_TrackPopupMenu.  Instead I launched the context menu with "send shift-F10" and waited for GuiGetMsg() to give me the selection. Right click is picked up by GUIRegisterMsg WM_RBUTTONUP and Tooltips are done with GUIRegisterMsg WM_MENUSELECT. The whole thing is done with 3 functions. 
      I won't tell you how long it took me to figure this out but I'll say that on one of my early attempts it had two windows running at once and one was just to recieve the right click an tell the other it got it.  Suffice it to say I'm no wiz at Autoit but I really appreciate the support the community offers and I hope someone finds this useful. BTW I wrote a script to produce 1d and 2d auotit array code from excel in case you want to model your menu in excel. Here is the link.
      https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/139260-autoit-snippets/?do=findComment&comment=1412314
      _ArrayToMenu() UDF
      ;ArrayToMenu with submenus, tooltips, rightclick and esc to close. ; #INDEX# ======================================================================================================================= ; Title .........: _ArrayToMenu ; AutoIt Version : 3.3.14.2 ; Description ...: Show an array as a popup menu optionally with tooltips and right click. ; Author(s) .....: Rick Sharp ; =============================================================================================================================== ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name..........: _ArrayToMenu($aArray_menu[,$aArray_tooltips]) ; Description...: Display an array as a menu and return the users choice, display tooltips(optional), return right click. ; Syntax........: _ArrayToMenu($aArray_menu[,$aArray_tooltips]) ; ; Parameters....: ; Required......: A 1d or 2d array of menu items ; Use a minus sign in the item to indicate a menu separator. ; Use -> at the end of an item to indicate a sub-menu. ; Optional......: A 1d or 2d array of tooltips. The array must use the same dimensions as the menu items array. ; ; Return values.: An Array ; $aArray[0] is index of the row (-1 if exited with no choice) ; $aArray[1] is index of the column ; $aArray[2] is 1 if right clicked ; $aArray[3] is the selected item (if any) ; Notes.........: If the user clicks on another window the ArrayToMenu returns as if esc were pressed. ; Sub-Menus are limited to 10 levels if you need more change $ahM[10] ; =============================================================================================================================== ; #VARIABLES# =================================================================================================================== ; Global $__g_iRT = 0, $__g_aTT1, $__g_ahi ; "$__g_iRT" for right click flag, "$__g_aTT1" for tips, "$__g_ahi" for index of id's in menu and tips ; =============================================================================================================================== ; #@error# ====================================================================================================================== ; 1 - First parameter is Not an array ; 2 - The Menu/Items array and the Tips array are not the same number of dimensions ; =============================================================================================================================== #include-once #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <GuiMenu.au3> #include <array.au3> #include <misc.au3> Func _ArrayToMenu($aMenu, $att = "") If Not IsArray($aMenu) Then Return SetError(1, 0, -1) Global $__g_iRT = 0 Local $ahM[10], $iCcnt = UBound($aMenu, 2), $iRcnt = UBound($aMenu), $iRow, $iCol, $b_Esc If UBound($aMenu, 2) = 0 Then _ArrayColInsert($aMenu, 1) ;if 1d array make it 2d EndIf ;Prep Loop to make Menus and Sub-Menus $iRcnt = UBound($aMenu) ;Count of Rows/Items $iCcnt = UBound($aMenu, 2) ;Count of Cols/Menus GUIRegisterMsg($WM_RBUTTONUP, "WM_RBUTTONUP") ;handles Right Click If IsArray($att) Then If UBound($att, 2) = 0 Then _ArrayColInsert($att, 1) If UBound($att, 2) <> $iCcnt Or UBound($att) <> $iRcnt Then Return SetError(2, 0, -1) ;$amenu and $att not same dimensions Global $__g_aTT1 = $att ;added $__g_aTT1 because $att was not seen by WM_MenuSelect for tooltips GUIRegisterMsg($WM_MENUSELECT, "WM_MENUSELECT") ;handles tooltips EndIf Local $mPos = MouseGetPos() #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form= $hMenu = GUICreate("C_menu", 10, 10, $mPos[0], $mPos[1], $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_TOPMOST) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### ;Build Menus Global $__g_ahi[$iRcnt + 1][$iCcnt + 1] ;array to hold Menu Item id's $iMcnt = 0 ;Menu count $ahM[$iMcnt] = GUICtrlCreateContextMenu() ;if the array element is null then it falls through and nothing happens For $j = 0 To $iCcnt - 1 ;for each Column/Menu For $i = 0 To $iRcnt - 1 ;for each Row/Item If StringRight($aMenu[$i][$j], 2) = "->" Then ;Sub-Menu $aMenu[$i][$j] = StringTrimRight($aMenu[$i][$j], 2) ;remove -> $iMcnt += 1 $ahM[$iMcnt] = GUICtrlCreateMenu($aMenu[$i][$j], $ahM[$j]) ; $__g_ahi[$i][$j] = $ahM[$iMcnt] ElseIf $aMenu[$i][$j] > "" Then ;Normal item If StringLeft($aMenu[$i][$j], 1) = "-" Then $aMenu[$i][$j] = "" $__g_ahi[$i][$j] = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem($aMenu[$i][$j], $ahM[$j]) EndIf Next Next Send("+{F10}") ;sends right click to open context menu While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() If $nMsg > 0 Then ;ConsoleWrite("nMsg= " & $nMsg & @CRLF) $iRow = _ArraySearch($__g_ahi, $nMsg) $iCol = _ArraySearch($__g_ahi, $nMsg, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, $iRow, True) ExitLoop EndIf If _IsPressed("1B") = 1 Or WinActive("C_menu") = 0 Then $b_Esc = -1 ExitLoop EndIf WEnd ;*** Done *** GUIDelete($hMenu) Local $aAr1[4] $aAr1[0] = $iRow $aAr1[1] = $iCol $aAr1[2] = $__g_iRT If Not $b_Esc = -1 Then $aAr1[3] = $aMenu[$aAr1[0]][$aAr1[1]] Else $aAr1[0] = -1 EndIf Return $aAr1 EndFunc ;==>_ArrayToMenu ;Check for Right Click Func WM_RBUTTONUP($hMenu, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam) $__g_iRT = 1 ;Mark as rclicked Send("{Enter}") ;choose the item EndFunc ;==>WM_RBUTTONUP ;Tooltips Func WM_MENUSELECT($hMenu, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam) Local $idMenu = BitAND($iwParam, 0xFFFF) Local $iRow, $iCol If $idMenu > 0 Then $iRow = _ArraySearch($__g_ahi, $idMenu) If $iRow > -1 Then $iCol = _ArraySearch($__g_ahi, $idMenu, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, $iRow, True) EndIf If $iCol > -1 And $iRow > -1 And $__g_aTT1[$iRow][$iCol] > " " Then ToolTip($__g_aTT1[$iRow][$iCol]) Else ToolTip("") EndIf EndIf EndFunc ;==>WM_MENUSELECT Example 1 Simple 1d array with tooltips, item separator and right click.
      #include "ArrayToMenu.au3" ;Simple 1d array with tooltips item separator and right click. $aM = StringSplit("Zero,One,-,Two/Two_R", ",", 3) ;make an array for the menu items $aT = StringSplit("Zero,One,-,", ",", 3) ;make an array for the menu Tooltips $aR = _ArrayToMenu($aM,$aT) if @error then ConsoleWrite(@error & @CRLF) EndIf ConsoleWrite("R: " & $aR[0] & " " & "C: " & $aR[1] & " " & "Rclick: " & $aR[2] & " " & "Item: " & $aR[3] & @CRLF) If $aR[0] = -1 Then ;either hit escape or clicked on another window ConsoleWrite("Esc" & @CRLF) Exit EndIf ;_ArrayDisplay($aR) Switch $aR[3] Case "Zero" Zero() Case "One" One() Case "Two/Two_R" And $aR[2] = 0 ;No Rclick Two() Case "Two/Two_R" And $aR[2] = 1 ;Rclick Two_R() EndSwitch Func Zero() ConsoleWrite("You chose: Zero" & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>Zero Func One() ConsoleWrite("You chose: One" & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>One Func Two() ConsoleWrite("You chose: Two" & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>Two Func Two_R() ConsoleWrite("You chose: Two_R" & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>Two_R Example 2 2d array with sub-menu
      #include "ArrayToMenu.au3" ;2d array with a sub-menu dim $aM[4][2] = [["Beef", "Orange"], ["Pork", "Apple"], ["Chicken", "Grape"], ["Fruit->", ""]] ;Note you don't need a tooltip for every item but you at least need a place holder in the array dim $aT[4][2] = [["Red Meat", "Fruit"], ["Other white meat", "Fruit"], ["White meat", "Fruit"], ["", ""]] $aR = _ArrayToMenu($aM,$aT) if @error Then ConsoleWrite(@error & @CRLF) Exit EndIf If $aR[0] = -1 Then ConsoleWrite("Esc" & @CRLF) Exit EndIf ConsoleWrite("R: " & $aR[0] & " " & "C: " & $aR[1] & " " & "Rclick: " & $aR[2] & " " & "Item: " & $aR[3] & @CRLF) Switch $aR[3] Case "Beef" Beef() Case "Pork" Pork() Case "Chicken" Chicken() Case "Orange" ConsoleWrite("Oranges are good for you!" & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("Oranges" & " $aR[0] = " & $aR[0] & " $aR[1] = " & $aR[1] & @CRLF) Case "Apple" ConsoleWrite("Apples are good for you!" & @CRLF) Case "Grape" ConsoleWrite("Grapes are good for you!" & @CRLF) EndSwitch Func Beef() ConsoleWrite("Beef" & " $aR[0] = " & $aR[0] & " $aR[1] = " & $aR[1] & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>Beef Func Pork() ConsoleWrite("Pork" & " $aR[0] = " & $aR[0] & " $aR[1] = " & $aR[1] & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>Pork Func Chicken() ConsoleWrite("Chicken" & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>Chicken  
    • careca
      By careca
      This is another take on string triggers, triggers on specific strings.
      Able to simple text pasting,
      opening links (as long as there's a www. http:\\ or https:\\ at the beggining)
      and is able to open applications, if there is a parameter in the parameter field, it uses it.
      The user selects the modifier key, and then uses a combination of that key with a couple others to perform tasks like
      screenshot the active window, (modkey + prtscr), turn off the screen (modkey + pause / break),
      open clipboard string in registry (modkey + R), change system volume (modkey + arrouw up/dn).
      The following keys pressed at the same time prompt for shutdown: S+D+T
      The following keys pressed at the same time prompt for restart: S+R+T
      Middle mouse button click on titlebar minimizes to tray, or a left mouse button click in the icon in the tray also minimizes.
      Trigger is set off by space or enter, and timeouts after 3 seconds.
      Shows your external, lan, and gateway ip's, can refresh with right mouse click, and opens the default browser if the correspondent button is pressed.
      Able to change system volume by a set percentage, reading from the inputbox the number the user sets, if 0 or empty uses system default.
      I made this because the existing string trigger applications didn't do it for me for a number of reasons.
      I did this for me, but if someone finds it useful all the better.
    • Jeep
      By Jeep
      Here is an other UDF for string handling :
      Date handling
      _StringDateConvert:  convert a date from one format ("YMD", "MDY" or "DMY") to another.
      _StringIsDate:  checks if a date with a given format is valid
      String management
      _StringCount: count of occurrences that appear in a string
      _StringFormatBytesSize: formatting a dimension expressed in bytes (bytes) in MB, TB, ...)
      _StringIsEndingWith: check if a string end with some characters
      _StringIsStartingWith: check if a string start with some characters
      _StringJoinArray:  concatenate elements of an array to rebuild a string
      _StringPadLeft: filling a string with characters on the left
      _StringPadRight: fill a string with characters on the right
      _StringRemoveFrenchAccent: remove french accent
      _StringRemoveChars: deleting characters from a string
      _StringStrip: eliminate characters at the begin and/or at the  end of a string
      _StringTitleCaseFrench: capitalize the first letter of each word with elimination of french accents
      _StringWSClean: simple replacement of "White Spaces",  remove beginning and trailing spaces and multiple spaces removal
      Any comments, suggestions for improvement or constructive criticism are welcome.
      Below you will find the UDF and a demo program. 

JPD_String.zip
    • Ibet
      By Ibet
      Hey all, 
      Ending day 2 of learning AutoIt, and I'm stumped. I wrote an extremely rudimentary script simulating keystrokes for reading/copying values from one excel spreadsheet and pasting them into another spreadsheet, line by line. It works, but it doesn't use any of the Excel UDFs and was just sloppy. So, I'm trying to re-write it using some Excel UDFs to not only optimize the script, but to also learn how to use the Excel UDFs. If the answer is in a help file, please explain as I'm sometimes having problems understanding the examples in the help files.
      I'm getting the error: 
      "C:\Users\johndoe\Desktop\AutoIt Test\AutoIt_Read spreadsheet 1 - write spreadsheet 2-version2.au3" (25) : ==> Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.: MsgBox(0,"Test","Test",$SourceEntry[1]) MsgBox(0,"Test","Test",^ ERROR >Exit code: 1 Time: 1.804 Here is the code:
      #include<Array.au3> #include<Excel.au3> ;-------------------Read from Source--------------------------- Local $oExcel_Source = _Excel_Open() Local $sWorkbook = "C:\Users\johndoe\Desktop\AutoIt Test\AutoIt_Testing_SOURCE.xlsx" Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel_Source,$sWorkbook) Local $SourceRow = 3 ;--eventually will be used to iterate through the rows, one at a time Local $SourceEntry[5] = _Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook,Default,"A"&$SourceRow&":E"&$SourceRow) _ArrayDisplay($SourceEntry, "1D Display") ;--Displays array values correctly MsgBox(0,"Test","Test",$SourceEntry[1]) ;--Gives error, for any index in the array I want to make sure I can read the values of the array individually, before I try putting them into another document. This is because I've got to add some checks against the values already existing in the destination spreadsheet before any manipulation. I've spent the last hour or more googling that error and reading multiple posts where that error is meaning many different things, so unsure EXACTLY what the problem is. Would greatly appreciate a fix and/or explanation as well as patience with my noob-ness.
      Thanks in advance
    • SlackerAl
      By SlackerAl
      I appreciate this seems like a trivial question, but my searching has failed....
      I was using a 1D array as follows:
      Local $DataName[3] = [2, $sBaseFileName, $sUpdatedFileName] And all was OK. I then wanted to separate the declaration from the assignment and assumed I could do something like:
      Local $DataName[3] $DataName = [2, $sBaseFileName, $sUpdatedFileName] ;or $DataName[] = [2, $sBaseFileName, $sUpdatedFileName] But I see I cannot. I am aware that I can add the 3 elements 1 at a time with _ArrayAdd, but is there a simple inline method like I was trying for?