Latest Beta

jpm

• Administrators

Jon, disable one of your cores or set that process to only run on a single core...

(That's a random guess as to why Jon can't reproduce the issue, if I'm right, I demand cookies).

No cookies for you. I'll try on a non-Vista VM.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

3.2.10.0 - RELEASE CANDIDATE

Here is the 3.2.10.0 release candidate: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/....0-rc-setup.exe

Before installing please manually uninstall:

- Scite4AutoIt

- Previous beta versions

- AutoIt

Then ensure that Program Files\AutoIt3 is empty (it probably won't be :P ). The installer has changed slightly and we want to make sure that everything is clean.

Edit: Final Changelog:

- Changed: DllCall() new method of passing types by reference using *.

- Changed: DllCall(): short_ptr, long_ptr, int_ptr types deprecated. Use short*, long* and int* respectively.

- Changed: Limits on Execute() removed.

- Changed: PCRE regular expression engine updated to 7.4.

- Added: 64bit (x64) versions of AutoIt, Aut2Exe, Au3Info and AutoItX.

- Added: DllCallbackRegister(), DllCallbackGetPtr() and DllCallbackFree()

- Added: DllCall() now accept doubles, int64, uint64, wparam and lparam types.

- Added: SendKeepActive().

- Added: ControlTreeView().

- Added: ProcessGetStats().

- Added: VarGetType().

- Added: @AutoItX64 macro.

- Added: Au3Info : Handle info for windows and controls.

- Added: DllStructCreate() added "align" keyword to set structure alignment.

- Fixed: Control...() functions using CLASS and TEXT together sometimes incorrect.

- Fixed: Control...() functions using CLASSNN sometimes incorrect.

- Fixed: Windows Vista taskbar previews causing problems with windows matching.

- Fixed: $var = $var was not giving an error when $var didn't already exist.

- Fixed: GUICtrlSetImage() sizing regression from 3.2.4.9.

- Fixed: GUICtrlCreateListView() with no column.

- Fixed: _GUICtrlListViewInsertColumn() after _GUICtrlListViewDeleteColumn() of the first column of a ListView control.

- Fixed: Extra notification on colored button.

- Fixed: IniReadSectionNames() for [] sections.

- Fixed: Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", Default) fatal error.

- Fixed: GUICtrlSetStyle() with $ES_READONLY bad $WS_TABSTOP.

- Fixed: AutoIt Crash on exit if Win...() used with a Title being a COM object.

- Fixed: ProcessExists() on service process under Win2K.

- Fixed: DefPushButton behavior.

- Fixed: ControlCommand(SelectString) order selection.

- Fixed: Array cannot have 2^24 entries.

- Fixed: GuiCreateMenu() on a windows without title and without client area.

- Fixed: WinWaitActive() sometimes failing after a WinActivate().

- Fixed: _SQLite_SQLiteExe() referencing by default "Extras\SQLite\SQlite3.exe".

- Fixed: _Sound...() when refering to a file with "!" characters.

- Fixed: Looping GUIRegisterMsg() doesn't unregister.

- Fixed: Focus on ES_READONLY edit control.

Then ensure that Program Files\AutoIt3 is empty (it probably won't be ).

Better make a backup of the Include folder first then. I have probably around 60 that are not standard AutoIt includes.

Any changes in the Zip? I never use the installer anyway. Any registry changes?

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Better make a backup of the Include folder first then. I have probably around 60 that are not standard AutoIt includes.

Any changes in the Zip? I never use the installer anyway. Any registry changes?

Why are you storing files in the Include folder? Why don't you set up a user-defined include search path like AutoIt has supported for years? It's been documented for years as well.

Why are you storing files in the Include folder? Why don't you set up a user-defined include search path like AutoIt has supported for years? It's been documented for years as well.

Because that's where I wanted them and I've been reading the docs for years and I have used that method before. Never fear, MY includes are in no danger. That was more a reminder for others. I remember what happened when someone included a script into the installer that cleaned out the Include folder and I do MEAN cleaned it. I was lucky, I always have backups. BTW: Lets not forget that if there are any registry changes with the installer then the required value may also go missing but at least they would still have the files.

Depending strictly on luck is for idiots. Better that a few seconds is used creating a backup of the folder.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

It just seems silly to me to store files in a location when it's not necessary to store them there. And it's silly to me for more reasons than just "AutoIt might accidentally delete them".

Since the files I'm refering to are UDF's that I have created (not AutoIt project files) then it makes sense to me to keep them all together but we each have our own methods. As long as part of the method is backups all will be well with the world.

George

• Administrators

I imagine once Vista becomes more widespread then people will stop storing stuff in Program Files. For no other reason than it's such a soul sapping operation to click through all the prompts to do it :P

But seriously, why not have a My Docs/AutoIt/Includes folder and setup the registry to include it as a search path - we even made it a user writable key? Having to write code in the installer to delete each include one by one is error prone and drives me nuts. (I'm sure everyone who just uninstalled the beta will see left over include files because of these mistakes) ;)

There is a special registry value that can be created at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AutoIt v3\AutoIt" called "Include". It should be a REG_SZ (string) value. The contents of this value are a semi-colon delimited list of directories that should be searched for files when resolving #include's in addition to the standard locations.

Hmmmmmmm;

I replied to this once. there we go, another post lost in cyberspace.

I imagine once Vista becomes more widespread then people will stop storing stuff in Program Files. For no other reason than it's such a soul sapping operation to click through all the prompts to do it :P

I sincerly hope not. It's like the plague now. I will never be caught with any flavor of Vista on my system again.

But seriously, why not have a My Docs/AutoIt/Includes folder and setup the registry to include it as a search path - we even made it a user writable key? Having to write code in the installer to delete each include one by one is error prone and drives me nuts. (I'm sure everyone who just uninstalled the beta will see left over include files because of these mistakes) ;)

Why? Because if I do then I have to either re-write some code in Project Express (won't happen) or remove code. Removing the code will result in lost functionality and it's a function I often use.

What do you think the end result is going to be when I extract the new files and just put them in the existing folder structure? I currently have only the latest release version (.8.1) installed on this system and only the last Beta installed on the laptop. I don't use the installer so extraction will be the method I use.

Are there any registry changes to be aware of?

George

• Administrators

What do you think the end result is going to be when I extract the new files and just put them in the existing folder structure? I currently have only the latest release version (.8.1) installed on this system and only the last Beta installed on the laptop. I don't use the installer so extraction will be the method I use.

Are there any registry changes to be aware of?

AutoIt itself doesn't rely on any reg keys or settings. It's more for the installer and keeping program files and file associations tidy.

Extract the files and you can do what you want. But be aware that storing data in program files is breaking one of the fundamental laws of keeping programs and data separate - so good luck with that. It wasn't supported as a non-admin user on 2000, XP or Vista and you _will_ get burned by AutoIt or some other future program...But it's your box :P

Jon kind of touches on my main reason for not using the program files folder to store by scripts: Separation of the program and data. I consider the standard library folder part of the program. I want my data separate. I want to go to my data, not all code available. I don't want to have to see the 60+ other files when I want to get to my stuff.

Jon kind of touches on my main reason for not using the program files folder to store by scripts: Separation of the program and data. I consider the standard library folder part of the program. I want my data separate. I want to go to my data, not all code available. I don't want to have to see the 60+ other files when I want to get to my stuff.

Right away we look at things in a different light. Really to have it the way I like to operate is that no AutoIt\Include folder exists.

I consider those UDFs as third party but because AutoIt installs them there then I just add mine to the same location rather than using several folders.

AutoIt should be AutoIt and nothing more. Just as installing Inno Setup will give me C:\Program Files\Inno Setup 5

and installing the Inno Includes puts them in C:\Inno Include Files. That path is also in the registry and it's easy to reference.

Edit;

On further reflection I decided to do exactly what I showed above. Since I don't use the installer anyway then it makes no difference to me where the includes are extracted to as long as the path is set in the registry so apps can read it. Now all of my includes are in

My Documents\AutoIt Include\

That will work for me because I'm the only user on these systems. It would not bode well for a multi-user system though so I may move the folder to the Drive root yet. And it only means an extra 2 lines in the code for Project Express.

Don't worry about my thoughts on this btw because I'm not writing code anymore. It just gives you food for thought. I try to keep AutoIt updated in case I decide to return to it someday.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Thanks to all who worked on the newest version of AutoIt! I just got done changing all my Multiple Desktops code to include the newest functions and other changes.

I noticed that AutoIt now has _GDIPlus_* functions built in as well as the _ScreenCapture_* ones too.

I was wondering, are the _API_* and _str_* functions that PaulIA worked on going to be included sometime as well?

My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

Thanks to all who worked on the newest version of AutoIt! I just got done changing all my Multiple Desktops code to include the newest functions and other changes.

I noticed that AutoIt now has _GDIPlus_* functions built in as well as the _ScreenCapture_* ones too.

I was wondering, are the _API_* and _str_* functions that PaulIA worked on going to be included sometime as well?

Pretty much all except _str_* functions are in, plus some I've added.

_API_ = _WinAPI_

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Pretty much all except _str_* functions are in, plus some I've added.

_API_ = _WinAPI_

That would explain why I wasn't finding them, thanks again for all those...

I can't seem to find the Str ones, I'm specifically looking for _Str_LastDelimiter, _Str_ChangeFileExt and _Str_ExtractFileExt... These are fairly simple so it's no problem just to include them in my code but I was wondering if they have been implemented.

I realized that I still have several groups of functions that don't seem to be in AutoIt yet, I was wondering if you could tell me if these are going to be included or if they are included and I'm not looking under the right names for them.

• _Mem_Ctrl* (i.e. _Mem_CtrlRead, _Mem_CtrlWrite...)
  • _Lib_* (i.e. _Lib_Check, _Lib_ShowError [Are these just for AutoItLib?])
  • _ListView_* (i.e. _ListView_BeginUpdate, _ListView_GetItemPosition...)

If there is a record of these changes/updates somewhere please let me know..

My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

That would explain why I wasn't finding them, thanks again for all those...

I can't seem to find the Str ones, I'm specifically looking for _Str_LastDelimiter, _Str_ChangeFileExt and _Str_ExtractFileExt... These are fairly simple so it's no problem just to include them in my code but I was wondering if they have been implemented.

I realized that I still have several groups of functions that don't seem to be in AutoIt yet, I was wondering if you could tell me if these are going to be included or if they are included and I'm not looking under the right names for them.

• _Mem_Ctrl* (i.e. _Mem_CtrlRead, _Mem_CtrlWrite...)
  • _Lib_* (i.e. _Lib_Check, _Lib_ShowError [Are these just for AutoItLib?])
  • _ListView_* (i.e. _ListView_BeginUpdate, _ListView_GetItemPosition...)

If there is a record of these changes/updates somewhere please let me know..

Listview funcs are now GUIListview

Listview UDFs Help

_Lib_* I believe were just for A3Lib

I'm not sure about those particular _Mem functions but they may have been reneames. Check the OnLine UDFs Help link in my sig.

George