Latest Beta

jpm

Listview funcs are now GUIListview

Listview UDFs Help

_Lib_* I believe were just for A3Lib

I'm not sure about those particular _Mem functions but they may have been reneames. Check the OnLine UDFs Help link in my sig.

The particular listview funcions I was using were for manipulating files and icons on the desktop. I don't think the GuiCtrl* ones will work, I haven't tried it because it's way past time for me to be in bed but I'm pretty sure that the ones I'm using are different. Correct me if I'm wrong :)
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The two you mentioned were

_ListView_BeginUpdate, _ListView_GetItemPosition

_GUICtrlListView_BeginUpdate = Prevents updating of the control until the EndUpdate function is called.

_GUICtrlListView_GetItemPosition = Retrieves the position of an item

Is that not what you wanted?

Here is the link to the GUIListView Management index

GUIListView Management

HTH

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up folks. The next round of betas is going to contain a script-breaking change to GUIConstants.au3. Namely, it's becoming identical to GUIConstantsEx.au3. Those of you who have GUI scripts, particularly complex ones, and who intend to ride the beta train may wish to go ahead and start migrating your scripts. It's pretty simple, change GUIConstants.au3 to GUIConstantsEx.au3 and run Au3Check on your script. You may get errors. Just track down the missing symbols in the other control-specific files and #include those as well. Some common variable prefixes and their associated file:

$WS_, $WM_ - WindowsConstants.au3 (Contains a lot of general Windows constants as well)

$ES_ - EditConstants.au3

$SS_ - StaticConstants.au3

$BS_ - ButtonConstants.au3

$LVS_ - ListViewConstants.au3

$TVS_ - TreeViewConstants.au3

$CBS_ - ComboConstants.au3

$LBS_ - ListBoxConstants.au3

Et cetera. This isn't a comprehensive list, just an example to give you an idea.

As for why GUIConstants.au3 is being changed, it's bloated an unbelievable amount. It was made bloated in an effort to be backwards compatible when the library files were separated a year or two ago. The intent was, it gets deprecated and is only used for backwards compatibility while people migrated to the new GUIConstantsEx.au3 and other control-specific files. This didn't happen as intended and now everybody and their mother is still using the monstrosity that is GUIConstants.au3. Well, it's time to let it go and move on to not using bloated library files.

One final note: GUIConstants.au3 is not being removed. It's being made redundant. It will still be distributed and will still work provided your GUI only uses $GUI_ constants.

Edited by Valik
Typo removed. Text-order changed.

As for why GUIConstants.au3 is being changed, it's bloated an unbelievable amount...

Thanks for the heads-up on that Valik. Seems like everything but the kitchen sink is in GUIConstants.au3. Its just a huge list of Includes while the GUIConstantsEx.au3 has no Includes and 87 +/- lines of contructs.

However, I download the Beta versions quite often and I am sure that it will replace "my advanced" copy of the include everytime. So...

Do you see the GUIConstantsEx.au3 becomming "advanced" from development?

If not, it could make things a little more difficult to share scripts with everyone having (self-made) non-compatable GUIConstantsEx.au3 includes.

thx again,

Valuater

8)

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

As for why GUIConstants.au3 is being changed, it's bloated an unbelievable amount...

Thanks for the heads-up on that Valik. Seems like everything but the kitchen sink is in GUIConstants.au3. Its just a huge list of Includes while the GUIConstantsEx.au3 has no Includes and 87 +/- lines of contructs.

However, I download the Beta versions quite often and I am sure that it will replace "my advanced" copy of the include everytime. So...

Do you see the GUIConstantsEx.au3 becomming "advanced" from development?

If not, it could make things a little more difficult to share scripts with everyone having (self-made) non-compatable GUIConstantsEx.au3 includes.

thx again,

Valuater

8)

I don't think I understand your issue. GUIConstantsEx.au3 is distributed by us and has been for well over a year. Why would people have self-made versions of it?

I don't think I understand your issue. GUIConstantsEx.au3 is distributed by us and has been for well over a year. Why would people have self-made versions of it?

Sorry, I was relating to the the suggestion you made above ( as I understand you ) by starting to use the Ex.au3 and individually each user begins adding the "missing" $WS_, $WM_, .... $LBS_ Constructs or includes as their needs require.

8)

NEWHeader1.png

You include those files ALONG WITH GUIConstantsEx.au3, NOT INSIDE.

Got iT... Dah!

You know how some of "Those" hobbyists are!

Thx

8)

after thoughts..

As I was warming up to that thought, of just including the needed au3 files along with the GUIConstantsEx.au3, I was already of the understanding that the Beta help file tells us to include the required includes....Hm.... I guess after looking inside GUIConstants.au3, bloated with backward compatible includes, and thinking the Beta help file tells us what to include, that you were relating to putting the needed files inside the smaller non-backward compatible GUIConstantsEx.au3

.... guess it will sink in eventually...lol ...thx

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

Just a heads up folks. The next round of betas is going to contain a script-breaking change to GUIConstants.au3. Namely, it's becoming identical to GUIConstantsEx.au3.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I've been complaining about that bloat for a long time now.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/autoit

Lots of script breakers - read the log carefully.

3.2.11.0 (25th January 2008) (Beta)

AutoIt

- Removed: Unnecessary optional parameter from ProcessClose().

- Removed: RunErrorsFatal Option.

- Removed: RunAsSet().

- Changed: @Unicode renamed in @AutoItUnicode. @Unicode is an alias for now. It will be removed > 3.2.14.0

- Changed: The behavior of StdoutRead(), StderrRead(), StdinWrite() and ConsoleRead() has been changed.

- Changed: PCRE regular expression engine updated to 7.5.

- Changed: AutoIt internet functions (e.g. InetGet()) now use "AutoIt" as a user-agent. Previously using blank

which was blocked by many websites.

- Changed: ControlClick() now accepts the same mouse buttons as MouseClick() - left/right/middle/primary/secondary/main/menu.

- Added: DllCall() new types int_ptr, uint_ptr, long_ptr, ulong_ptr. Special types that change size on x86/x64.

- Added: "REG_QWORD" type for RegWrite().

- Added: Option to compile scripts as console applications.

- Added: HotKeySet() modified to work with the {} notation.

- Added: _DebugBugReportEnv() function in Debug.au3 to retrieve basic Info for Bug Reporting.

- Added: FileReadLine( ,-1) read last line.

- Added: Std I/O redirection works with RunAsSet().

- Added: Std I/O merged flag for using the same stream for stdout/stderr.

- Added: Std I/O supports binary data.

- Added: ConsoleWrite()/ConsoleWriteError() now return the amount of data written.

- Added: Remarks in Run() about how to close streams/release resources associated with STDIO.

- Added: StdioClose() function to force STDIO data closed for a process.

- Added: ProcessClose() now closes processes started by other users.

- Added: RunAs(), RunAsWait().

- Fixed: DllCall() setting wrong @error values.

- Fixed: BlockInput() returns errors.

- Fixed: WinWaitActive() not matching (more frequent with VISTA).

- Fixed: GUICtrlSetState($GUI_SHOW) on hidden radio on an active tab. (Thanks covaks/MsCreator)

- Fixed: SciTe Lite not installed in the AutoIt Choosen release dir.

- Fixed: WinMove() with Speed = 0 crash the script!. (Thanks MsCreator)

- Fixed: Mysterious return value of 1 when no explicit value was set.

- Fixed: ControlCommand(), "GetLineCount"

- Fixed: _FileListToArray() when using root drive dir as c:\ under Win9x.

- Fixed: TraySetState(4) flashing tray icon for Vista. (Thanks psandu.ro)

- Fixed: ProcessExists() wrong return. (Thanks oktoberfest2)

- Fixed: StringRegExp() crashing under Win95. (Thanks WesleyW)

- Fixed: Handle leak when using Run() with I/O redirection.

- Fixed: Disabled input control background on Tab. (Thanks Volly)

- Fixed: GUICtrlDelete() of a tab if two GUI windows are used. (Thanks DarkTurok)

- Fixed: AutoIt crash in Random() when range exceeds 2^31. (Thanks VicTT)

- Fixed: #include parsing error detection.

- Fixed: Array entry passed Byref to a UDF. (Thanks Nutster)

- Fixed: FileSetTime() erronously rounds UP on non NTFS partition.

- Fixed: STDIO redirection sometimes failed on Windows 9x.

- Fixed: IniReadSectionNames() returning incorrect number of sections under Win9x.

Aut2Exe:

- Added: Option to compile scripts as console applications.

• Administrators

UDF Changes:

01/24/2008

Added: GuiButton UDFs (Gary Frost)

01/21/2008

Fixed: _GUICtrlTreeView_GetState hard crashes external application(s) (Gary Frost)

01/19/2008

Removed: UDF Documentation and Example for _ArrayCreate, function no longer needed (Gary Frost)

01/18/2008

Fixed: UDF Docs for GUICtrlListBox_AddString, _GUICtrlListBox_DeleteString (Gary Frost)

Fixed: Example using wrong function calls in _GUIImageList_AddBitmap (Gary Frost)

01/17/2008

Fixed: _GUICtrlTab_GetItemState, _GUICtrlTab_SetItemState, _GUICtrlTab_GetItem, _GUICtrlTab_SetItem State Mask was missing (Gary Frost)

01/16/2008

Fixed: _FileReadToArray leaving last line feed in the array (mlowery)

Fixed: Doc Example for _ArrayTrim (Emiel Wieldraaijer)

01/15/2008

Added: GuiScrollBars UDFs (Gary Frost)

Updated: _GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems, _GUICtrlListView_DeleteItem, _GUICtrlListView_DeleteItemsSelected support control ID again (Gary Frost)

01/12/2008

Fixed: UDF Doc for _WinAPI_LoadShell32Icon (MadBoy)

01/11/2008

Added: Timers UDFs - _Timer_Diff, _Timer_GetTimerID, _Timer_Init, _Timer_KillAllTimers, _Timer_KillTimer, _Timer_SetTimer (Gary Frost)

01/10/2008

Fixed: _GUICtrlStatusBar_Create example documentation (Gary Frost)

01/09/2008

Fixed: _GUICtrlListView_InsertColumn, _GUICtrlListView_SetColumn align and image now work together (Gary Frost)

Fixed: _GUICtrlToolbar_SetButtonInfo documentation, style and state param descriptions were reversed (Gary Frost)

01/08/2008

Fixed: _GUICtrlRebar_AddToolBarBand Button height clipped when Toolbar added to Rebar (rover)

01/07/2008

Fixed: _IELoadWait nuisance console COM messages with small loadwait timeouts. (DaleHohm)

Fixed: _IEAttach embedded and dialogbox modes failure (dependant on DllCall fix to 3.2.10.0). (DaleHohm)

Fixed: _IEAttach embedded and dialogbox modes to work without explorer shell running. (DaleHohm)

Fixed: _IEFormElementGetValue now returns NULL string if value is NULL instead of integer 0. (DaleHohm)

Fixed: _GUICtrlListView_AddArray Example (Gary Frost)

Added: uniqueID to _IEPropertyGet. (DaleHohm)

Added: "instance" mode and $i_instance parameter to _IEAttach. (DaleHohm)

01/05/2008

Fixed: _SoundLength() badly formatted (jpm)

01/03/2008

Added: _Singleton() now supports a new flag for creating an insecure object accessible by anybody.

Changed: _Singleton() no longer does an over-zealous check to remove \ from the name.

01/01/2008

Added: $tagOPENFILENAME, _WinAPI_CommDlgExtendedError, _WinAPI_GetOpenFileName, _WinAPI_GetSaveFileName (Gary Frost)

12/30/2007

Fixed: _ClipPutFile offset calculated incorrectly (Gary Frost)

Added: Advanced Examples _NamedPipes_Client, _NamedPipes_Server (Gary Frost)

12/29/2007

Added: _DebugBugReportEnv (jpm)

12/27/2007

Fixed: _ArrayDisplay more that 3999 items (-Ultima-)

Added: _ArrayConcatenate, _ArrayFindAll (-Ultima-)

Changed: _Arrayxxxx functions/examples (-Ultima-)

12/21/2007

Added: _WinAPI_CallNextHookEx, _WinAPI_SetWindowsHookEx, _WinAPI_UnhookWindowsHookEx, $tagKBDLLHOOKSTRUCT (Gary Frost)

12/19/2007

Updated: _GUIImageList_AddIcon added Large Icon option (Gary Frost)

12/12/2007

Changed: GUIConstants.au3 is now deprecated. It is the same as using GUIConstantsEx.au3 which should be used instead.

Fixed: _PathFull() did not handle paths with a leading \ correctly.

Removed: MsgBox from _GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems and _GUICtrlListView_DeleteItem (Gary Frost)

12/10/2007:

Moved: _SendMessage, _SendMessageA from Misc.au3 to SendMessage.au3 (Gary Frost)

Added: UDF Files: _GUICtrlListView_ClickItem, _GUICtrlListView_RegisterSortCallBack, _GUICtrlListView_UnRegisterSortCallBack

_GUICtrlTreeView_ClickItem, _WinAPI_GetXYFromPoint, _WinAPI_PointFromRect, _WinAPI_CreateFont

_WinAPI_CreateSolidBrush, _WinAPI_DrawEdge, _WinAPI_DrawFrameControl, _WinAPI_FillRect, _WinAPI_FrameRect

_GUIImageList_BeginDrag, _GUIImageList_DragEnter, _GUIImageList_DragLeave, _GUIImageList_DragMove, _GUIImageList_EndDrag

_GUICtrlEdit_FmtLines, _GUICtrlEdit_GetPasswordChar, _GUICtrlEdit_HideBalloonTip, _GUICtrlEdit_SetPasswordChar

_GUICtrlEdit_ShowBalloonTip, _GUICtrlSlider_GetLogicalTics, $tagLVHITTESTINFO, $tagNMLVCUSTOMDRAW

_GUICtrlToolbar_ClickAccel, _GUICtrlToolbar_ClickButton, _GUICtrlToolbar_ClickIndex (Gary Frost)

_GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImageRect (smashly)

Updated: UDF Files: _GUICtrlListView_GetOrigin - added check for dll call success

_GUICtrlListView_SetItemSelected now supports -1 for index and focus

_GUICtrlEdit_Create doc (Gary Frost)

Fixes: And Added Param Paremeter: _GUICtrlListView_AddItem, _GUICtrlListView_InsertItem (Gary Frost, Koder)

_DateDiff doc (Jos/tinjaw), _GUICtrlTreeView_GetNext, _GUICtrlTreeView_SetState (Gary Frost/Bowmore), _ScreenCapture_SaveImage (christian)

_IsPressed doc (JustinReno), _Net_Share_ShareAdd doc (Wooltown)

This is going to play havoc with my code updater. :D Oh well, this isn't the first time. I still haven't finished catching it up with 3.2.10.0 yet. I love what Gary has done with the buttons but I'm still not happy with array.au3 so I will be continuing to run a script against that to fix it. Overall it looks great.

George

Why not tell us what your issues are? If they are reasonable and not terribly eccentric, we may fix them.

It's the same issue I've had for a long time Valik. _ArrayDisplay is still in array.au3. I know the old argument that it's an array function. We could say that about a lot of functions like _FileReadToArray(). The difference appears to be that _FileReadToArray() starts with _File so it's a file function. Following that logic it would seem that renaming _ArrayDisplay() to something else would mean that it is no longer an array function. _Debug_ArrayDisplay() pops to mind. No biggie. My script just removes the function from array.au3 and puts it in debug.au3. I'm still not installing this version just yet anyway although I have extracted the files so I could look at them. I'll wait to install until I get the chance to make the changes in my script updater and that will be a while since I'm going to be spending some time in Delphinia for another project. Hopefully I'll be able to use AutoItX in there though.

George

It's the same issue I've had for a long time Valik. _ArrayDisplay is still in array.au3. I know the old argument that it's an array function. We could say that about a lot of functions like _FileReadToArray(). The difference appears to be that _FileReadToArray() starts with _File so it's a file function. Following that logic it would seem that renaming _ArrayDisplay() to something else would mean that it is no longer an array function. _Debug_ArrayDisplay() pops to mind. No biggie.

No, _FileReadToArray() is for working with a file. It just so happens that the format the function chooses to work with the file in is an array. Based on your logic, FileRead() should be a string function because the returned data is a string. See what I'm saying?

My script just removes the function from array.au3 and puts it in debug.au3. I'm still not installing this version just yet anyway although I have extracted the files so I could look at them. I'll wait to install until I get the chance to make the changes in my script updater and that will be a while since I'm going to be spending some time in Delphinia for another project. Hopefully I'll be able to use AutoItX in there though.

Why don't you just use something that strips unused stuff from scripts when you compile them? You can hardly complain about Array.au3 now that it's no longer including the world. I think that modifying files we distribute is eventually going to bite you in the ass in one way or another.