Autoit + remapped keys

😢I've used a app name SharpKeys to remap some keys, but using autoit controlsend or send, its send the original key and not the remapped one.

SharpKeys is a Registry hack that is used to make certain keys on a keyboard act like other keys. For example, if you accidentally hit Caps Lock often, you could use this utility to map Caps Lock to a Shift key or even turn it off completely. This official release includes support for up to 104 mappings, an extensive list of available keys, and a β€œType Key” option to help when managing mappings. As it relies on internal support within Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 you must be running one of these OS’s for this Registry hack to work.

image.png.9fc1c2877ec4048aab8f9ddfe0dc31c4.png

I remaped F11 to work as LCtrl, if i manualy hit F11 it sends LCtrl, but when i use:

ControlSend("Window","","","{f11}")

It sends F11 and not LCtrl, could be possible controlsend recognize the remapped key?

I suspect the behavior is the SharpKeys app specifically remaps keyboard key inputs only an not the raw keycodes.Β Β 

You might be stuck with usingΒ {LCTRL} instead, unless there is a way to simulate the keyboard key press...which I am not aware how to do.

I'm curious, if you use OSK (on-screen keyboard) to enter F11, does it send the expected LCtrl?

Spoiler

Β 

I will test with OSK and edit my comment.

Β 

-edit-

image.png.b85452f182c6e096d39c92263420998e.png

When i hit F11 on my keyboard, OSK detect as CTRL.

But when i press F11 on OSK, it also send F11 and not LCTRL.

Edited by memerim