[SOLVED] How to check if a field that can be created but wasn't exists?

nooneclose

Good morning, I am trying to figure out if it is possible to check if these invoice lines exist or not. 

Here are the table and column name: INVOICELINE.INVOICELINENUM (a required field if created)

Here is a picture of what I am talking about. (Do not worry about security. the picture is from a demo test site so all information is fake)

2136520946_Screenshot(90).thumb.png.ceb98377b3e98e6f1fe688f2bb1cb429.png

is there any way to check if these fields exist or not? (they do not exist unless the user clicks on "New Row")

Example: line 11 does not exist right now. How would I go about to see if it did or not? 

This is what I have so far:

SELECT DISTINCT iv.invoicenum, iv.description
FROM invoice     AS iv
JOIN invoiceline AS ivl ON iv.invoicenum = ivl.invoicenum AND iv.siteid = ivl.siteid 
/* = 'nothing' and yet somehow not null? */
WHERE iv.invoicenum NOT IN (SELECT invoicelinenum FROM invoiceline WHERE invoicelinenum IS NOT NULL)

I get 0 results where I should get more than 0. 

Edited by nooneclose
Solved

6 minutes ago, nooneclose said:

WHERE iv.invoicenum NOT IN (SELECT invoicelinenum FROM invoiceline WHERE invoicelinenum IS NOT NULL)

You're comparing invoicenum and invoicelinenum that is oranges and shoes.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

Solved it. The only problem is that they "don't exist" without a line number. (nonpersistent) The code does work its just a database issue at this point. 

Like always here is the final code:

SELECT distinct invoicenum, description
FROM invoiceline 
GROUP BY invoicenum, description  
HAVING SUM(invoicelinenum) < 1
ORDER BY invoicenum

Edited by nooneclose
More Accurate information