Apache + AutoIt = HTTPS API on AutoIt

argumentum

• 4 months later...

Just a reference:

https://www.stunnel.org/

Stunnel is a proxy designed to add TLS encryption functionality to existing clients and servers without any changes in the programs' code. Its architecture is optimized for security, portability, and scalability (including load-balancing), making it suitable for large deployments.

Cited here:

https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/21889-ssl-gmail-with-openssl/?do=findComment&comment=1035990

• 2 years later...

This grabbed me. But I am a bit lost as to what is happening here. Would you please be so kind as to explain a little more? Not code, but rather why this would be useful?

On 2/29/2020 at 11:25 PM, argumentum said:

and this is my solution to avoid coding in PHP, as I feel more comfortable coding in AutoIt.

Do you run AutoIt on a Linux box, with Apache, but instead of PHP, AutoIt? Please enlighten me?

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

You can run Apache from a distro in windows. I can redirect within Apache from another HTTP daemon ( made with AutoIt in my case ) in another port, or use PHP and an AutoIt CUI as CGI.
No need to run a specific OS to do HTTP/HTTPS, you can do it from the comfort of the known world.

The best you can do is to load a virtual machine and play with it.

Oh, another thing. You can, as I have ( and currently do ), run XAMPP open to the world. It is not necessarily for development only.
PS: But you'll want change some stuff to have attackers ( and they will come ) not have their way with their cookie cutter style attacks.
You should search online for advise on different 
approaches to be aware of.

Edited by argumentum

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png