HELP with image orientation (Rotation direction and grades)?

Hello everyone,

Im developing an script to check the size of all .jpg stored in windows folder.

The problem is that it doesn´t work properly with rotated images. 

With _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth() and _GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight()  I get the Width and Height of images as if they had not been rotated, and I need to know how they are rotated (orientation and grades).

Any help is welcome! If more info is needed, please tell. 😁

Apparently Windows 8/10 handles image rotation differently than previous versions, it makes use of the Exif orientation flag. It may be the case that the image dimensions are landscape, but the exif rotation is at say, 90 degrees. Therefore the image appears to be portrait, but the actual dimensions are still landscape. Then again, I could be talking out of my arse, maybe someone can confirm this?

https://jdhao.github.io/2019/07/31/image_rotation_exif_info/

1 hour ago, Sidley said:

Apparently Windows 8/10 handles image rotation differently than previous versions, it makes use of the Exif orientation flag. It may be the case that the image dimensions are landscape, but the exif rotation is at say, 90 degrees. Therefore the image appears to be portrait, but the actual dimensions are still landscape. Then again, I could be talking out of my arse, maybe someone can confirm this?

https://jdhao.github.io/2019/07/31/image_rotation_exif_info/

Hi @Sidley,

I think you are right. It is exactly what is happening to me.

Even though the image is rotated, I always get the original dimensions, ignoring the current orientation.

29 minutes ago, KaFu said:

Here's some code I've ripped from my SMF program.

Image_Get_Orientation.zip 9.5 kB · 2 downloads

Excellent @KaFu.

With this we can obtain the current orientation of the images.

I see that it doesn't work with all ".jpg". Much information is obtained from some images, but in other images the information is reduced, and the orientation may be missing. It should be a thing of every image.

Thanks to both of you!! 😁

11 minutes ago, coronatuss said:

I see that it doesn't work with all ".jpg". Much information is obtained from some images, but in other images the information is reduced, and the orientation may be missing. It should be a thing of every image.

Are you sure that those images have EXIF information at all? No EXIF info will result in a blank return.