Web-based AutoIt! - New with AuCGI!

theguy0000

the 192.XXX number is your internal router IP address, for your friend to look at your page, you will need to provide them with your external IP, which is your IP address on the internet, which will be completely different from the one you posted. You can also use a application from no-ip.org, which can allow for a named address to the computer it is running on, i.e. YOURNAMEHERE.no-ip.org (there are many others than no-ip.org that you can use).

And you will have to allow ports that are incoming on port 80 (or whatever port you are hosting web pages on) to be forwarded to YOUR computer (or whichever one is actually hosting them)

Hope this will clarify things a little more for you.

Laterzzz,

Onoitsu2

Actually, there are a few more ways to do this, some maybe more simple.

Like I said, I need you router's manufacturer and model number. It's pretty simple. You need to forward port 80 to your IP. But if you do not have a static IP, that may add a few more steps. If you don't know what a static IP is, you probably don't have one. Let's take this to PM.

Edited by theguy0000

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

I want to make some sort of web application using this to demonstrate that it can actually do stuff, plus that would help me figure out what a real web app would need, so that I can add anything that it would need.

But I'm stumped. :)

What do you guys think I should make?

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

the easiest an address book or if you want something challenging, and not difficult:

the best is as an example Generic database with 2 tables, one parent, one child:

first table like a diary, I mean fields:

date,itemNum,info,units,price,wholeprice,User

on 2nd table:

itemNum,itemName,price,stock,minstock,salesman

---------

when you add a new 1st table item it ask to choose one of the 2nd for the itemnum

--------------

do that and PHP will drop for me... :P:):D

ask if you have any questions

I want to make some sort of web application using this to demonstrate that it can actually do stuff, plus that would help me figure out what a real web app would need, so that I can add anything that it would need.

But I'm stumped. :D

What do you guys think I should make?

Autoit.es - Foro Autoit en Español Word visitors Image Clustrmap image: - Football Spanish team - Spanish team: Casillas, Iniesta, Villa, Xavi, Puyol, Campdevilla, etc..Programando en Autoit+Html - Coding Autoit-Html - Arranca programas desde Internet - Preprocesador de Autoit a http

the easiest an address book or if you want something challenging, and not difficult:

the best is as an example Generic database with 2 tables, one parent, one child:

first table like a diary, I mean fields:

date,itemNum,info,units,price,wholeprice,User

on 2nd table:

itemNum,itemName,price,stock,minstock,salesman

---------

when you add a new 1st table item it ask to choose one of the 2nd for the itemnum

--------------

do that and PHP will drop for me... :P:):D

ask if you have any questions

I think an address book would be better as an application, and I'm not sure I completely understand about the database thing.

What about a forum system?

Well, it's kinda special purpose - but I'm using the whole idea of web-based auto-IT to create a web interface for Cisco switches... with autoIT actually doing the work in the background using telnet.

(I hate the Cisco web interface for the switches and thought this'd be a simple way to get the information I need all on one page.)

It's very nearly completely operational. If you want to see, I could scrub the passwords and post :)

But it's not something that would excite the average person.

I seriously think that a blog system would be the best, do a autoit clone of blogger (...wow) and you'll have peoples attention for sure! :)

I think an address book would be better as an application, and I'm not sure I completely understand about the database thing.

What about a forum system?

YOU CAN DO AS MAMBO or SIMILAR: A CSM

I wrote a DRAFT OF something Dirt and Quick, practical and working:

It is all of the same thing: forum, address book, blogging. You can make all out of the same UDF: WebData("FORUM"), WEBDATA("ADDRESS"),WEBDATA("BLOGGER"),WEBDATA("INVENTORY")

you can embeb the user and password in the code if you dont have many users and if you dont make many changes (other way you will need another user/pass database)

FUNC WEBDATA($TYPE)

$TABLE1TITLES(9)={"","","","",""} ; WE DECLARE CONTAINERS FOR TITLES OF THE FIELDS IN THE TABLES

$TABLE2TITLES(7)={"","","","",""}

;index is 3rd item of table1 and 1st item of table2

select

case $TYPE="INVENTORY"

;first table like a diary, I mean fields:

$TABLE1TITLES(9)={itemMain,date,itemNum,info,units,price,wholeprice,User

on 2nd table:

$TABLE2TITLES(7={itemNumindex,itemName,price,stock,minstock,salesman

case $TYPE="BLOGGER"

;in brakets leave empty

;same code

$TABLE1TITLES(9)={itemMain,date,blogNum,info,(units),(price),(wholeprice),User

on 2nd table:

$TABLE2TITLES(7={itemNumindex,answerName,(price),(stock),(minstock),whoanswered

case $TYPE=DAYRY_ADDRESS

$TABLE1TITLES(9)={itemMain,date,itemNum,meeting,(units),(price),(wholeprice),User

on 2nd table:

$TABLE2TITLES(7={itemNumindex,ItemName,telefon,stock,minstock,contact

case $TYPE=FORUM

$TABLE1TITLES(9)={itemMain,date,itemNum,forum,(units),(price),(wholeprice),User

on 2nd table:

$TABLE2TITLES(7={itemNumindex,post,(price,(stock,(minstock,""

END SELECT

(MYSQL WEB DATABASE

table1 typeField,plus8fields

table2 type-field,plus7fields)

...................CODE FOR LOGGING,BROWSING, ADDING, ERASING, EDITING, FORMS, REPORTS, BOTH DATABASES when you edit first table you need an relation to the second

ENDFUNC

Edited by BasicOs
Autoit.es - Foro Autoit en Español Word visitors Image Clustrmap image: - Football Spanish team - Spanish team: Casillas, Iniesta, Villa, Xavi, Puyol, Campdevilla, etc..Programando en Autoit+Html - Coding Autoit-Html - Arranca programas desde Internet - Preprocesador de Autoit a http

I seriously think that a blog system would be the best, do a autoit clone of blogger (...wow) and you'll have peoples attention for sure! :)

i'll do that lol

Heres a real example of the _GET function. Here are some links:

http://codemyster.us.tt/1.au3?file=webcounter

<^> example of web counter <^>

http://codemyster.us.tt/1.au3?file=MsgBox

<^> Example of _MsgBox <^>

http://codemyster.us.tt/1.au3

<^> Throws an error: No get variable specified. Go back to the forum and click a link there

Edited by codemyster

by the way, just thought i'd mention not to try to actually run a webapp as a normal au3 script, instead of a web app as instructed, "just to see what it will do". It will just stop as soon as you include WebApp.au3 anyway, it won't even get past the include.

Wonderful !

I tried, it worked :)

I'm looking now for a light embedded http server that can handle CGI.

The best would be a single .exe with a single conf file.

Abyss is very good, but it comes with its installer, admin console, etc etc...

I'd like something that could be set up and run by AutoIt, no additional soft to install separately.

Any idea ?

Apzo.

Wonderful !

I tried, it worked :)

I'm looking now for a light embedded http server that can handle CGI.

The best would be a single .exe with a single conf file.

Abyss is very good, but it comes with its installer, admin console, etc etc...

I'd like something that could be set up and run by AutoIt, no additional soft to install separately.

Any idea ?

Apzo.

um, good luck lol. I'm not sure if you could find that anywhere. Although now that I think about it, it's probably possible to make one in AutoIt... why don't we have a smiley rubbing his chin thoughtfully? :P

update: added a bunch of new useful vars. Well I didn't have any before, but now I do.

Examples of all of these variables can be found at http://71.196.128.251/vars.au3 . Please note that this page may or may not be working at a specific time, depending on wether my computer is on or off. It's usually on, but sometimes I turn it off at night.