EnCodeIt 2.0

SmOke_N

I'll take that bet.

I have a project that doesn't use GuiListView UDF and the same thing happens to me.

Mmm, maybe then some other Include causes it :lmao: I have 2 programs that use GuiListView and both crashes. The new uses like 5% of old code that i i've taken from the first program and still crashes. I've just encoded my other programs and those work just fine.

My little company: Evotec (PL version: Evotec)

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mmm, maybe then some other Include causes it :lmao: I have 2 programs that use GuiListView and both crashes. The new uses like 5% of old code that i i've taken from the first program and still crashes. I've just encoded my other programs and those work just fine.

I have one encoded with GuiListView UDFs and one with-out, once I was able to get them fully encoded I could compile them and both work fine.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

• Moderators

Well there could be some issues of fixing this on my part. Seems I/something has removed the original source of this release. When and if I can find the time, I'll have a look at one of the older sources of 2.0 and see if I can make heads or tails of what may be causing the issue.

Don't expect anything any time soon though. I've got a project to be done within a week, and looks like I may be moving to another state. You may want to look at other alternatives of protecting your stuff and or write something on your own until I can see what the issue is.

Edit:

Just checked on the last release of my own, it does in fact crash and burn, and I blame it all on Gary, because it obviously couldn't be my fault :lmao:

In all seriousness, I was fortunate enough to have saved the "Original" release source on my companies server. I ran it on this "guilistview.au3" example by Gary: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=156562 with both versions, the latest release does not crash for me, but it does spit out a horrible result. However the first release did perfect. So, like I said, when I get time, I'll see what I can do to charge for I mean fix the issue.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Can I help it if GuiListView.au3 is to complex for EnCodeIt....... :nuke::lmao::):geek:

:ph34r:

• Required type of coding style
  • If you're having issues, there are some key factors to think of.
  • EnCodeIt does it's best to predict bad coding habbits.
  • Some coders name their variables / single text words / functions the same as one or the other or all.
  • Example:
  • Send("Text") | HotKey("{ESC}", "Text") | Func Text() | $Text = "blah"
  • As confusing as this is to look at normally, it's even more confusing to EnCodeIt.
  • EnCodeIt will end up spitting out something like:
  • Send("_MB0939300") | HotKey("{ESC}", "_MB0939300") | Func _MB0939300() | $_MB0939300 = "blah"
  • As you can see from the above example, this is not the correct output.
  • If the coder took some time to do it correctly, they could have avoided this like:
  • Send("Text") | HotKey("{ESC}", "_MyText") | Func _MyText() | Vars can be anything that's not a function name.
:)

Edit:

:ph34r:

Hmmm, wonder if I did that in the new release ;)

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I've been looking around this thread all night to make sure I didn't miss anything, so I have to ask, is there a reason why EnCodeIt won't work for me? It has worked so well for so long, and now all of a sudden it doesn't work at all. I go to start it and it quits before even opening the GUI. If you changed the licensing and I missed it, please let me know.

My thanks go out to SmOke_N for such a great script!

• Moderators

I've been looking around this thread all night to make sure I didn't miss anything, so I have to ask, is there a reason why EnCodeIt won't work for me? It has worked so well for so long, and now all of a sudden it doesn't work at all. I go to start it and it quits before even opening the GUI. If you changed the licensing and I missed it, please let me know.

My thanks go out to SmOke_N for such a great script!

Depends on what version you are using, I disabled the first 2 releases of 2.0 along time ago. And if it was only today/tonight, I was messing around with it a few hours ago off and on trying to figure out what was crashing it, so the info it needs to start may not have been there to tell it it's ok to run.

If you are 2.0.0.3 and try now, and it still doesn't run, then I have no idea. I know the revisions I was attempting to make based on the latest betas, I had it working under the same conditions that others would have to have it working under.

Still doesn't work, I've downloaded the latest version and still nothing. I had the task manager open when I tried to run it, and it closes that when it terminates also. Is that supposed to happen? I really can't figure this one out. It configures fine, but as soon as the settings are written, it quits and refuses to start again.

• Moderators

Still doesn't work, I've downloaded the latest version and still nothing. I had the task manager open when I tried to run it, and it closes that when it terminates also. Is that supposed to happen? I really can't figure this one out. It configures fine, but as soon as the settings are written, it quits and refuses to start again.

Actually, everyone thought I wrote this to obfuscate their scripts, when in actually I wrote it to obfuscate their minds.

In all seriousness, what version of AutoIt are you doing this with?

Wow, people REALLY need to stop making this into a flame war/useless comments thread. It is meant to be used for commenting Smoke_N on his awesome project.

I really agree.

SmOke_N made (is making) a great job, so... we could tolerate if internet connection is needed :lmao:

Suggestion for SmOke_N: make it to check for its own running path before it search aut2exe and exe2aut, so that a first-time user that run it from wrong path doesn't have to search again them. I hope I'm clear.

I wish it will be integrated in Scite.

• Moderators

I really agree.

SmOke_N made (is making) a great job, so... we could tolerate if internet connection is needed :ph34r:

Suggestion for SmOke_N: make it to check for its own running path before it search aut2exe and exe2aut, so that a first-time user that run it from wrong path doesn't have to search again them. I hope I'm clear.

I wish it will be integrated in Scite.

Wow, I didn't understand that :lmao: .

Wow, I didn't understand that :lmao: .

When you run EnCodeIt for the very first time it asks you for aut2exe and exe2aut paths, then it checks for its own running path. If running path is wrong you have to fix it and input aut2exe and exe2aut paths again. Just a detail :ph34r:

I hope I'm more clear now.

• Moderators

When you run EnCodeIt for the very first time it asks you for aut2exe and exe2aut paths, then it checks for its own running path. If running path is wrong you have to fix it and input aut2exe and exe2aut paths again. Just a detail :lmao:

I hope I'm more clear now.

Nope... still not clear.

Why would the paths be incorrect to the aut2exe and exe2aut? That's why I'm using a dialog to make you find it. And as far as EnCodeIt finding its own path, its path is constant, and as stated, cannot be ran outside of it's folder intentionally. So that's not going to change.

I think what he is saying is that you can't change the encodeIt's running path without being asked to also change the paths for exe2aut and aut2exe.

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

"Encode_it.exe must be ran from within the EncodeIt_2.0 folder"

whats with this?

EDIT:

your going to make us PAY for using this!!!! aww! I'd rather stick with the old one than...

Edited by MethodZero

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

• Moderators

I think what he is saying is that you can't change the encodeIt's running path without being asked to also change the paths for exe2aut and aut2exe.

Still not getting it :lmao:

"Encode_it.exe must be ran from within the EncodeIt_2.0 folder"

whats with this?

Hmm, lets see, If I don't want to keep opening a folder to a program that I have, and I want easy access to it, what do I do? Oh yeah, I make a Shortcut! :ph34r: .

EDIT:

your going to make us PAY for using this!!!! aww! I'd rather stick with the old one than...

And you're more than welcome to use the old one. It doesn't work with most Object options and it doesn't work with IE.au3.

And why would you want to use EnCodeIt anyway? To protect your source? If your source is so important to potect, and I took my time to write this to do just that, why shouldn't I get paid for it if I want to.

Although:

I never said I was going to charge for it, I said I was thinking about it, and I reserve the right to change the license at any time.

Closing:

If you RTFM, you'd see ... If you don't like it, don't use it... plain and simple...

Edited by SmOke_N

@Smoke_N: maybe option so program would check for autoit paths in registry and eventually would just let you choose beta/non-beta version. Instead of choosing it by hand ;p Not a biggie thou.

As for including it in SCITE nice idea and i would like to see it happen. But problem is i don't see it getting added with inet check in place (i don't mind it) but too many ppl would be confused why it doesn't work.

My little company: Evotec (PL version: Evotec)

• Moderators

@Smoke_N: maybe option so program would check for autoit paths in registry and eventually would just let you choose beta/non-beta version. Instead of choosing it by hand ;p Not a biggie thou.

As for including it in SCITE nice idea and i would like to see it happen. But problem is i don't see it getting added with inet check in place (i don't mind it) but too many ppl would be confused why it doesn't work.

I have it done by hand because some people use the zip option. Otherwise, as the last one, I would have just had it check the registry (Not my first rodeo). But this only needs to be done once on start up, and if you're using Beta, then I would only ever put the Beta path in. So I don't see an issue for it to be honest, when it takes all of 10 seconds maybe one time.

As far as SciTe, I don't know what you are referencing that from, but that also isn't a concern of mine. If someone wanted to, they could add it themselves even with the net check.

Edited by SmOke_N