EnCodeIt 2.0

SmOke_N

1905Russel, I'm curious if you even bothred to read what I posted 10 hours before you posted this?

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=232687

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=231190

I explained your problem in that post without even seeing that you were having that specific problem... (Not yours specific just people in general).

It's a result of a poor coding style (Poor as EnCodeIt sees it).

@Wooltown, been working on my other project (my real one :lol:) all night, hadn't bothered to check here... I'm a bit tired, so I'll have to see what I can do about your situation and the Proxie situation someone else posted before.

The problem has nothing to do with Send("Text") this works fine and its the way shown in Autoit help and its the only way to hang a variable on a send (that I know of). It works fine when encoded.

See post #50 code I sent.

After EncodeIt the problem is firstly the Calls to user32.dll are either not executing or returning errors - either way the return is 0 instead of the menu text.

Secondly based on these wrong returns of 0 the if statement should evaluate - if $sCText = "Text" as if 0 = "Text" which it isn't but it somehow evaluates that 0 is actually = "Text" because it executes the rest and $iadjup becomes 8?

Two problems neither have to do with the Send. Hopefully you know about these already.

Larry coded the calls and I added the If statement. Not sure about the poor encoding habits you refer to.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

The problem has nothing to do with Send("Text") this works fine and its the way shown in Autoit help and its the only way to hang a variable on a send (that I know of). It works fine when encoded.

See post #50 code I sent.

After EncodeIt the problem is firstly the Calls to user32.dll are either not executing or returning errors - either way the return is 0 instead of the menu text.

Secondly based on these wrong returns of 0 the if statement should evaluate - if $sCText = "Text" as if 0 = "Text" which it isn't but it somehow evaluates that 0 is actually = "Text" because it executes the rest and $iadjup becomes 8?

Two problems neither have to do with the Send. Hopefully you know about these already.

Larry coded the calls and I added the If statement. Not sure about the poor encoding habits you refer to.

I've answered your question... you can't name Text and Functions names the same period and expect to have EnCodeIt decipher what's a function and what's not.

If I have something like:

AdlibEnable('Text', 100)

While 1
    Sleep(10000)
WEnd

Func Text()
    Send('Text')
EndFunc
I've just named my function Text / called Adlib with Text and now I'm trying to send 'Text'. EnCodeIt sees Send('Text') <<< the Text as a function call.

You have a function name the same as the text inside the DLL call, which is like the example I've just shown. Rename your function names and you'll see the difference.

Those are the "poor" coding habbits I was referring to.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I've answered your question... you can't name Text and Functions names the same period and expect to have EnCodeIt decipher what's a function and what's not.

If I have something like:

AdlibEnable('Text', 100)

While 1
    Sleep(10000)
WEnd

Func Text()
    Send('Text')
EndFunc
I've just named my function Text / called Adlib with Text and now I'm trying to send 'Text'. EnCodeIt sees Send('Text') <<< the Text as a function call.

You have a function name the same as the text inside the DLL call, which is like the example I've just shown. Rename your function names and you'll see the difference.

Those are the "poor" coding habbits I was referring to.

Got it. I change Larry's function names and it works. Yipee. Thanks Edited by 1905russell

• Moderators

To Everyone!

For the love of God, if you send me a script to "debug" an issue that you think EnCodeIt is making.

• 1st Run Au3Check on it! If you're having errors on the before encoded script, what makes you think you won't have the same ones after encoding it?
  • DO NOT send me a 10,000 line script and tell me I can't run it, but after encoding, it doesn't work anymore. That's nice, but now I seriously don't care, I am not going to spend a week debugging it for you.
  • Write a "Short" (100 lines or so) script that re-creates the problem, or you'll need to figure it out on your own.
Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Status report:

43 out 67 scripts encoded.

Result: 38 flawless encoded scripts, 5 containded errors.

3 of the 5 were result of "bad coding habbits"

2 of the 5 were result of misuse of double quotes.

Conclusion: 43 of 43 succesful! (50% COM/Object scripts)

Just to bring you some good news :-)

Im still impressed

Creator

• Moderators

Status report:

43 out 67 scripts encoded.

Result: 38 flawless encoded scripts, 5 containded errors.

3 of the 5 were result of "bad coding habbits"

2 of the 5 were result of misuse of double quotes.

Conclusion: 43 of 43 succesful! (50% COM/Object scripts)

Just to bring you some good news :-)

Im still impressed

Creator

Thank God, I don't have to hold someones hand... Glad you got it working well for you :).

• Moderators

Have to say good job Smoke, give you 5 stars for this one.

That means more than you know Gary, thanks.

Nice job Smoke, I've always liked this program. I have found a glitch while compiling a GUI. It seems as if the text on the buttons has been replaced with a bunch of nonsense (the numbers and letters encodeit changed the button text to). Any clue why this happened, or a way to prevent it? I can PM you the compiled and decompiled script, but I know you don't have time to waste on other ppl's problems. It's not even my GUI, it was actually written by TokeySmurf, who is still kinda new, and writes his scripts in a wierd format. Maybe this is the problem, I dunno, but repost/PM me if you need more information.

Edited by dandymcgee

- Dan [Website]

• Moderators

Well seeing that I've seen quite a few examples of different scripts, 1 user has had success with 43 encoded scripts, and the GUI guru Gary has encoded one of his scripts which I'm sure is more detailed oriented than one a noob made, I'd say it's 99.9% an error of "poor" coding habbit on the scripters part.. but feel free to PM them to me, I'll glance at it, but please make sure it's not a huge script.

• Moderators

At Dandy... I got the script, and didn't have to look far before I found the issue... and as far as looking at and maybe helping others, I've already stated what your problem is or could be in the very first post of this thread.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=231190

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=234292

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=234480

I'm not much on repeating myself... so for others that have errors do some debugging and research before waisting my time.

wat do i use this for?

I would laugh at this guy, but sadly enough I have no right to. He did the exact same thing as me. DIDN'T READ THE FIRST POST :). Thanks for taking the time though Smoke, as I mentioned I did not write the script, and hadn't noticed the variables and funcs that had doubled. Anyways keep up the great work with EnCodeIt.

- Dan [Website]

Creator wrote this earlier in this topic.

I have figured out a workaround that works for me. Assuming you also work in a corperate environment where your "MyDocuments" folder is redirected (ex. to a network location).

Open a commandbox and type set <enter>

a list of environment variables is shown.

Lookup the HOMEDRIVE variable(this should not be c: or encodeit would have worked)

On de drive that is your homedrive create the folderstructure:

%HOMEDRIVE%\Documents and Settings\<username>\cookies

Copy ALL autoitscript[x].txt cookies from c:\documents and settings\<username>\cookies to the HOMEDRIVE location.

Thats it: EncodeIt should now be able to verify your forum membership