EnCodeIt 2.0

SmOke_N

No Frodo... youre missing the point!

No, youre defending the kind of "look what i can do, im a power mad wanker whos nobody in real life, but i can hobble code" that ruins forums.

1 you can complain all you want and.... it wont help!

Youre probably right, once you let one of these people in you forgive them as long as behave like them.

2 Just because someone here has an idea and writes a script... that does not mean they have to.. give it away!

Never said they had to. I asked in my first post how i could run it without an internet connection. Answer" You cant <- Thats the scope of the "friendly" help in this thread.....and thats whats set me off.

3 SmOke_N is not charging for the program, and IF he was he was donating the funds to Autoit

True, but he's pissing a lot of people off with his way of "not charging, just hobbling"

4 As gafrost stated, there are people on the internet "selling" their designs in Autoit

Im sure youre probably right, i just havent come across one yet. I bartered my Currency app for net time - cleint owned a net cafe, so im not against getting some benefit from hard work. Id just like the product to actually work or at least demo it.......

5 Im to afraid of hard work then you just want to take other peoples hard work? What world do you live in

sorry, that was a typo, i edited it to "not", i have only one good hand to type with and a manic brain and it means i make more typos than most folks, my hand cant keep up with my stream of thought (as 911CD forum members know:) )

6 I have a similar program in these scripts and scraps... that teaches you to do this with your own program

Thanks for the offer, truly. But i think ill just cut back my use of the forum, i can see the same kind of shit happening here that pisses people off that has pissed off people in other forums im in. Its not like i cant manage myself now that i have more than a year under my belt using AutoIT.

But it was worth it.

Who has helped the most on this forum?

But im not the one playing with it :)

Sorry for the formatting, but when i try and post the normal way, i keep getting blocked........spooky

See what happens when you disagree on here.....

Ill let you have your little delusional world where youre all wizards and all powerful, me, im off to reality where the people are nicer....

oh and unsubscribe me, i shan't waste my time here again.

Just think all i wanted to know was how i could run the app without an internet connection..........

Edited by frodo

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sorry, that was a typo, i edited it to "not", i have only one good hand to type with and a manic brain and it means i make more typos than most folks, my hand cant keep up with my stream of thought (as 911CD forum members know:) )

Maybe you should increase your medication.

Thanks for the offer, truly. But i think ill just cut back my use of the forum, i can see the same kind of shit happening here that pisses people off that has pissed off people in other forums im in. Its not like i cant manage myself now that i have more than a year under my belt using AutoIT.

Cut back on your forum use, especially AutoIt, and increase your medication. You will be happier.

oh and unsubscribe me, i shan't waste my time here again.

Thanks for not wasting our time also. See ya. :)

taurus905

"Never mistake kindness for weakness."-- Author Unknown --"The highest point to which a weak but experienced mind can rise is detecting the weakness of better men."-- Georg Lichtenberg --Simple Obfuscator (Beta not needed.), Random names for Vars and Funcs

Maybe you should increase your medication.

Cut back on your forum use, especially AutoIt, and increase your medication. You will be happier.

Thanks for not wasting our time also. See ya. :P

taurus905

Oh good, seems replying has been restored to normal by the "unseen" ones

Actually increasing my medication would kill me (not that i havent been there before - got injured during the 1st round of gulf wars - been dead twice)

I know you thought my reference to "medication" was an offhand joke comment, but it wasnt :)

Trust me i wish it was

As for theguy0000

We know that Smoke would never backdoor us, he's got a reputation here. You should trust him because we all do.

Who cares if he's releasing the source anyway? He's no idiot, he has his reasons, and if you actually read, you would be able to see those reasons. Same with the internet access. read posts 2 and 3, like you've been told before. there was a big debate(?) about wether or not he would make people pay for it, he decided not to for now, but he might later, so he put these limitations in just in case.

Dont care if he wants to sell it, spam people's inboxs with emails demanding their first born child.

I aksed if/how i could run it from home with no internet connection, got a rude "You cant", i just wanted to try it out, wasnt envisioning using his code to do anything in particular, in fact i got a link to the thread form a freind who said to have a look at it, and i did just out of curiosity, then asked a question, got hammered for it. I never asked for the sourcecode....but i got accused of this in about 2 seconds flat. I just wondered if i could somehow avoid the net check to try it.......that was all.

If someone wants to bring me that sort of attitude in an otherwise extremely helpful forum, when it seems primarily out of self interest and the delusional value in ones own power, then yes, im going to have "issues" with a pindick like that.

I neither set out to, nor intended to insult any other member of the thread/forum.

But in defending him youre already condemning this forum to the fate other have suffered......long term members will just dissapear..................

And on that final note im outta here.........................ill keep giving my stuff away for free (or at least unhobbled) in other forums, karma mate, its a beautiful thing......

Oh good, seems replying has been restored to normal by the "unseen" ones

Actually increasing my medication would kill me (not that i havent been there before - got injured during the 1st round of gulf wars - been dead twice)

I know you thought my reference to "medication" was an offhand joke comment, but it wasnt :)

Trust me i wish it was

As for theguy0000

Dont care if he wants to sell it, spam people's inboxs with emails demanding their first born child.

I aksed if/how i could run it from home with no internet connection, got a rude "You cant", i just wanted to try it out, wasnt envisioning using his code to do anything in particular, in fact i got a link to the thread form a freind who said to have a look at it, and i did just out of curiosity, then asked a question, got hammered for it. I never asked for the sourcecode....but i got accused of this in about 2 seconds flat. I just wondered if i could somehow avoid the net check to try it.......that was all.

If someone wants to bring me that sort of attitude in an otherwise extremely helpful forum, when it seems primarily out of self interest and the delusional value in ones own power, then yes, im going to have "issues" with a pindick like that.

I neither set out to, nor intended to insult any other member of the thread/forum.

But in defending him youre already condemning this forum to the fate other have suffered......long term members will just dissapear..................

And on that final note im outta here.........................ill keep giving my stuff away for free (or at least unhobbled) in other forums, karma mate, its a beautiful thing......

I said "you don't"

It wasn't rude, it was a fact.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

I aksed if/how i could run it from home with no internet connection, got a rude "You cant",

If you think "You can't" is rude, then I don't think that an answer of, "I'm sorry. You can't." would have satisfied you either.

If you would have been following this forum for as long as you have been a member, you would know who helps people and who just acts in a disrespectful manner or those who just want others to do their scripting for them.

Long-term members know these things and know who to help and who to avoid.

Karma is what I believe in. You are not doing your karma any favors with this thread. Do the forum a favor and be civil or just leave like you keep promising to do.

taurus905

"Never mistake kindness for weakness."-- Author Unknown --"The highest point to which a weak but experienced mind can rise is detecting the weakness of better men."-- Georg Lichtenberg --Simple Obfuscator (Beta not needed.), Random names for Vars and Funcs

If its an reassurance. When it connects to the internet it accesses this file

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/SmOke_N/EnCodeIt_BlackList.dat
I have a feeling that if frodo isn't in EnCodeIt_BlackList.dat now, he soon will be. Just a hunch. :)

yea, he is in there....

looks familiar too!....lol

8)

I wasnt going to comment further but you've just proven my point for me, youve now shown a childish way of disenfranchising people who dont agree with you. Hmmm put them in a blacklist.

Its not that far removed from the 1930's practice of tattooing numbers on peoples arms and forcing them to into one group....

and when i had no quarrel with you....sad......

You just lost

bye

man you people are as bad as the ubcd4win forum in ganging up on someone

sorry frodo for forgetting to tell you about the net access thing

hey i understand about not releasing the code for this but looking at the posts i see he never even asked for the code

but he doesn't have net access and i completley forgot that encodeit needs it

wow i've never seen frodo go off like this but i can understand the frustation

taking a bus down to a netcafe to try something only to get home and it doesn't work would piss me off too

Two thumbs up for SmOke_N. :P

Great program and i now understand why it has to connect to the internet. Excellent idea to prevent people from using your software that don't seem to like it. I hate liability.

-The Kandie Man :)

Edited by The Kandie Man

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

I wasnt going to comment further but you've just proven my point for me, youve now shown a childish way of disenfranchising people who dont agree with you. Hmmm put them in a blacklist.

Its not that far removed from the 1930's practice of tattooing numbers on peoples arms and forcing them to into one group....

and when i had no quarrel with you....sad......

You just lost

bye

wait a minute....

1 i simply cheked it and you were in there

2 .... thats the part that my program teaches ( thats why it looks familiar )

again you dont see the point.... you lose, now you can't use SmOke_N's great program

8)

NEWHeader1.png

man you people are as bad as the ubcd4win forum in ganging up on someone

sorry frodo for forgetting to tell you about the net access thing

hey i understand about not releasing the code for this but looking at the posts i see he never even asked for the code

but he doesn't have net access and i completley forgot that encodeit needs it

wow i've never seen frodo go off like this but i can understand the frustation

taking a bus down to a netcafe to try something only to get home and it doesn't work would piss me off too

@CWorks

No worries about that, youre not responsible, besides now that a member has pointed out for me which file is read, not hard to get around.

@All Else

Would have been simpler to let me test it legitimately, but .......

Actually i dont hack, to tell the truth im not even interested in it, apart form showing you just what sort of mentality youre capable of in a simple sitution.

Please do not let my behaviour today reflect on CWorks, though i appreciate the defense mate.

I didnt want you involved. But now you have "outed" yourself im leaving "yes really" to minimise damage by assocation because ive seen the pack mentailty on display here. For that reason this is the last im saying on this.

I came here from a link from CWorks arising from a conversation about skinning and GUI design, nothing to do with EncodeIT's internal functions or obfuscating code, it was linked simply to have a look at. For GUI reference.... yup, just wanted to see the screen....didnt want to pinch any of its internals.....just a quick squiz at the GUI and i would have been out of here....

Now how superior do you all feel?

Really Really gone...........

I love the last word :)

Edited by frodo

• Moderators

I'm not going to spend the evening justifying myself nor my reasons why I do what I do(thanks to those that said the kind things), but a few things actually bothered me a bit.

First and foremost - I never attacked you're character or who you were. Yet before you ever received anything from me post wise, I was a "wanker" ... and some other choice words. Now you say that we don't know how to talk to "real people" <<< See anything wrong there? (Just curious :) )

I made this program 9 months ago for myself. And I was convinced by a fellow forum member that it would be a nice way of helping people feel more secure with their own code, thus its release publicly.

Now, I released this to help others with obfuscating source code, I didn't however write this, to give you a lesson on how to do anything from making obfuscated source or skinning GUI's for yourself, there are plenty of other threads to get you going there.

If AutoIT is getting any money from you, then i doubt theyre retiring anytime soon.

Did you get asked to donate to autoit when you ran EnCodeIt?

From your general attitude, its quite clear that the best part of you ran down your fathers leg.

This could very well be true, If I ever meet him I'll ask him and report back to you.

@CWorks and Frodo

Okay, so here goes:

How does someone like me who has no internet access at home use this? Why distribute crippleware in an online community that prides itself on sharing?

It's not crippled for those that have the ability for being part of an "online community".

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.