neoSearch 1.86

KJohn

Can you tell me what is the best way to get the fastest results from searchMiner?
** if you have installed 3.2.5.0, then RegExp seems to be running slow unless you use beta; that fixes it, I think! [a problem on one of my computers with 3.2.5.0, not the other!]

It took 2 minutes and 1.5 seconds for a single search for the term mp3 on my computer after building the index.

Even if I searchdoc, I get 49,000 of 600,000 files in 15 secs, and opens in Notepad for speed if I have default settings.

Best, Randall

Edited by randallc

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i get this error:

Line 803 (file"C:\documents and settings\windows\desktop\search.au3"):

Func main()

Error: Duplicate function name

how do i fix

To compile neoSearch successfully, there are a whole lot of file installs that have to be accounted for and a particular folder structure to be implemented before compilation. The reason I haven't included the files is that they are irrelevant to a person who is interested only in learning from my code. I think its a fair trade off since I never even intended to share the code in the first place.

As for your particular problem, you seem to have copied the contents of the main search progam AND the indexing module into the same au3 file (both modules have a main in them; a habit of mine from C++ which I use for long programs). Don't bother splitting them and compiling them, you won't be able to unless you replace the file installs with dummy files.

If you need help understanding any of my code (which I think is reasonably well commented), please do ask.

** if you have installed 3.2.5.0, then RegExp seems to be running slow unless you use beta; that fixes it, I think! [a problem on one of my computers with 3.2.5.0, not the other!]

I use 3.2.4.9 ... I'll be too busy to come to this forum regularly for the next fortnight.. I guess you have a plan of action for searchMiner.. Once you've ironed out all known problems, you could put up a compiled executable and all confusions regarding build can be cleared out then... And more people can test it out and give you feedback...

My personal experience with StringRegExp: It equals (best case) or loses out (usually) to StringInStr for my purposes where I have to check whether a given term is present in another - only checking from the first character onwards (instead of incrementing starting character when a match is not found; till end of string). I started off with the assumption that regexp would do the single compare only and it would be much faster. But I've realized there are other overheads for regexp which slows it down in AutoIt.

put up a compiled executable and all confusions regarding build can be cleared out then... And more people can test it out and give you feedback...

True; if you could quickly tell me about the most receny exe at that thread... ? Does it work for you?

SearchMiner

My personal experience with StringRegExp:

Yes. I know what you mean; I've only just started using it and it is quirky so far... but fast if compiled without UniCode..

Best of luck with your study/ work, Randall

Edited by randallc

2. Talk object

(I think its PaulIA)

Func _TalkOBJ($s_text)
    Local $o_speech
    $o_speech = ObjCreate("SAPI.SpVoice")
    $o_speech.Speak ($s_text)
    $o_speech = ""
EndFunc;==>_TalkOBJ

3. Round GUI Corners

(I'm really sorry, but I think its Larry or Smoke_N)

Func _GuiRoundCorners($h_win, $i_x1, $i_y1, $i_x3, $i_y3)
   Dim $pos, $ret, $ret2
   $pos = WinGetPos($h_win)
    $ret = DllCall("gdi32.dll", "long", "CreateRoundRectRgn", "long",  $i_x1, "long", $i_y1, "long", $pos[2], "long", $pos[3], "long", $i_x3,  "long", $i_y3)
   If $ret[0] Then
      $ret2 = DllCall("user32.dll", "long", "SetWindowRgn", "hwnd", $h_win, "long", $ret[0], "int", 1)
      If $ret2[0] Then
         Return 1
      Else
         Return 0
      EndIf
   Else
      Return 0
   EndIf
EndFunc;==>_GuiRoundCorners
Might want to research more on who wrote those functions.....

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Might want to research more on who wrote those functions.....

:"> I'm terribly sorry for the incorrect information... I've corrected the original post... Please accept my sincere apology...

True; if you could quickly tell me about the most receny exe at that thread... ? Does it work for you?

SearchMiner

Yes. I know what you mean; I've only just started using it and it is quirky so far... but fast if compiled without UniCode..

Best of luck with your study/ work, Randall

YAY!!! Works perfectly this time! Rebuild file index and then searching just says there is no index present. I sat there confused for a while and then clicked "index details" (56 seconds) and search for mp3 this time took 2.35 seconds (not the ol' 2 mins)!!

Between you and me, while your program maybe very advanced, you should lose some of the lesser used details to prevent your users from getting confused. I'm sure you are at home with the interface you've written but people who see the program for the first time do not approach it from your frame of mind. In my opinion, there are too many permutations and combinations of settings at this point of time.

In the best case scenario, there would be no settings to change - even the dumbest users would be at home with it. But you'd lose your more technical followers. Its a trade off you have to decide upon before you release your final version. All the best and I'll be around to test all your versions till then.

Thanks for your feedback!

How Do you use the getmeta please help i don't know even how to write a code

;gets the meta information of the file in question

;the meta data retrieved depends on the file category

;

;Parameters: $f = full path of the file

; $fpath = file path

; $fname = file name

; $fext = file extension

; $fcat = category into which the file falls

; $fmeta = meta information sent back

;

;Return Value: 0 - in case of error

; 1 - if meta information was retrieved successfully

for example: D:\Music\example.mp3

$f = D:\Music\example.mp3

$fpath = D:\Music

$fname = example.mp3

$fext, $fcat - internal variables to my program; you can remove these from the function call and make suitable changes to your own program

(this is what is known as coupling in computer science; good programs should decrease coupling between modules but i've used it here for performance benefits)

$fmeta = pass a variable to this; once the function returns, check the value of the variable name you had passed - it will have changed

If most of the above seemed to complex for you, get used to AutoIt a bit before you try handling this function again. I just said this because you said you are very new to coding.

YAY!!! Works perfectly this time!

you should lose some of the lesser used details

PS - on reflection, I would probably not bother with the detailed index at all.. [i think I was just doing it to see result.., and POC]

1. 30-80% longer in time for index.

2. not really much different in Search time.

3. Search details are not current, whereas "on the fly" if use filelist method.

4. Only advantage would be ability of detail recovery in larger result sets, and then I'm not likely to be interested, as I should just be refining the search anyway, and a list is enough to realise the error of the search?....

Is that what you would think?

Best, Randall

;gets the meta information of the file in question

;the meta data retrieved depends on the file category

;

;Parameters: $f = full path of the file

; $fpath = file path

; $fname = file name

; $fext = file extension

; $fcat = category into which the file falls

; $fmeta = meta information sent back

;

;Return Value: 0 - in case of error

; 1 - if meta information was retrieved successfully

for example: D:\Music\example.mp3

$f = D:\Music\example.mp3

$fpath = D:\Music

$fname = example.mp3

$fext, $fcat - internal variables to my program; you can remove these from the function call and make suitable changes to your own program

(this is what is known as coupling in computer science; good programs should decrease coupling between modules but i've used it here for performance benefits)

$fmeta = pass a variable to this; once the function returns, check the value of the variable name you had passed - it will have changed

If most of the above seemed to complex for you, get used to AutoIt a bit before you try handling this function again. I just said this because you said you are very new to coding.

Thanks Now My Got The Meta Support COOL Thank again

Try my http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=49471

It Not that good but i love TreeView :whistle:

It Index Is Slow i don't know why

It Also Use Dos Plus Autoit To Index

It the lowes search i lost you and randallc

Edited by athiwatc

Try my http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=49471

It Not that good but i love TreeView :whistle:

It Index Is Slow i don't know why

It Also Use Dos Plus Autoit To Index

It the lowes search i lost you and randallc

so it goes... I like the LV and fast sort... each to his own.

Randall

[but I thought you said you "byb" to Dos? - I presumed you meant bye-bye?..]

so it goes... I like the LV and fast sort... each to his own.

Randall

[but I thought you said you "byb" to Dos? - I presumed you meant bye-bye?..]

BYB DOS NEED hELP

For Sort find me a code and byb dos 100 %

HA try my again from 1.44 minute index now just 10 second !!! Also Have Song Meta Support In 'Song Meta' Treeview

Also have autoindex by time

Just Edit!!!

File Is here

OpenIndex.exe

Edited by athiwatc

Finding files as you type is NOT vista-like. Its Ubuntu (Gnome) like...

Well AutoIt is for Vista and Vista is the first in the Windows line to support the search-as-you-type... I'm not very certain about the Ubuntu thing but I know it was Microsoft that announced this feature first but Apple was the first to release it to the market with Spolight.

And yes the window is designed Vista-like to look in place both on pre-Vista and Vista machines.

@ athiwatc, if you are working on your search program for educational purposes, ignore the next statement:: Try and make your program more intuitive: its hard to know when it is running in the background and indexing and when its not WITHOUT opening task manager.

Well AutoIt is for Vista and Vista is the first in the Windows line to support the search-as-you-type... I'm not very certain about the Ubuntu thing but I know it was Microsoft that announced this feature first but Apple was the first to release it to the market with Spolight.

And yes the window is designed Vista-like to look in place both on pre-Vista and Vista machines.

@ athiwatc, if you are working on your search program for educational purposes, ignore the next statement:: Try and make your program more intuitive: its hard to know when it is running in the background and indexing and when its not WITHOUT opening task manager.

Thanks So Trayicon sound good.

How do i ignore the next statement

I can ignore only right now

Edited by athiwatc