Guitar Hero - in a GUI

_Kurt

Update:

-Fixed up changes for current Autoit version

-Fixed the "You can just hold down 1,2,3 and 4 and just hit enter and it will auto hit the note."

Posted Image

Hey Guys,

I highly recommend trying this script out, it's definately worth a try. Using ProSpeed+AutoIt, I am proud to say I've managed to create a pretty cool version of Guitar Hero.. I call it GUItar Hero, since it's in a GUI - I am so clever. :)

Features:

-4 Fret Buttons - Hotkeys: 1=Green,2=Red,3=Yellow,4=Blue (Not the {NUMPAD} buttons!)

-Strum Bar - hotkeyed to {ENTER}

-Pause function - Hotkeyed to {ESC}

-Score Calculating

-Multiplier - 10 Notes in a row = +1 Multiplier (max=4)

-Note Streak - Displays your note streak

If you don't already know how to play, here's a short description:

Play the scrolling notes by pressing the corresponding fret button on the keyboard, and simultaneously pressing the strum bar.

How To Create Your Own Songs

- Open up Songs.au3 (should be in the same directory as the main script)

- Create a new song by creating a function (more details inside)

example song:

Func TestSong()
    ;Always use NoteDelay() instead of Sleep() for your delays
    NoteDelay(3000)   ;Delay of 3000 ms
    __NoteSendGreen() ;Send a Green Note
    NoteDelay(3000)   ;Delay of 3000 ms
    __NoteSendRed()   ;Send a Red Note
    __NoteSendGreen() ;etc..
    NoteDelay(2000)
    __NoteSendGreen()
    NoteDelay(500)
    __NoteSendRed()
    __NoteSendBlue()
    NoteDelay(5000)
    __NoteSendYellow()
    __NoteSendRed()
    NoteDelay(1000)
    __NoteSendGreen()
    __NoteSendRed()
    NoteDelay(2000)
    __NoteSendBlue()
    __NoteSendGreen()
EndFunc

The example is already included inside the file.

Now, save Songs.au3 and run GUItar Hero, click on the button "Load Song" and you will see the example song, titled: "TestSong" (title your songs through the function name).

Click OK and click Start Song.. You will now see the example song playing.

Download:

GUItarHero.zip

Possible Future Ideas

-RockMeter

-StarPower

-Song file & Music support made easy

I recommend holding the keyboard like a guitar (just for jokes, and yes I discriminate against laptops) :)

Post any questions/comments (good or bad)/bugs/suggestions

Kurt

PS: Sorry for the bad graphics, made all the sprites in Paint :P

Looking for someone who can improve the fret button appearance!

Edited by _Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

Awesome work, I can learn allot from this not to mention how fun/interesting it actually is. Knowing nothing about prospeed I look forward to dissecting this (I've just barely looked it over once now).

Thanks!

*edit*

Unfortunately I'm getting an error very shortly into running it every time...

!>20:27:26 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:-1073741819

Edited by Skizmata

AutoIt changed my life.

@Skizmata - When you get: "AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:-1073741819" That means that the dllcall for prospeed.dll wasn't called properly and it basically crashes the script.

It seems to work perfectly for me.. Are you sure you've saved and extracted the .Zip file in a directory? And there doesn't seem to be any EndIf's missing.

I really don't know what's wrong, anyone know what's going on?

Thanks,

Kurt

EDIT: I'm using the latest Beta of autoit, and it works perfectly. What version are you using?

Edited by _Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

@Skizmata - When you get: "AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:-1073741819" That means that the dllcall for prospeed.dll wasn't called properly and it basically crashes the script.

It seems to work perfectly for me.. Are you sure you've saved and extracted the .Zip file in a directory? And there doesn't seem to be any EndIf's missing.

I really don't know what's wrong, anyone know what's going on?

Thanks,

Kurt

EDIT: I'm using the latest Beta of autoit, and it works perfectly. What version are you using?

Let me try beta run

I get a "Don't send" crash when the disks reach the bottom of the guy

Me too.

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Only works for first disk then it freezes.

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

I tried it on another computer and the first run didn't work, as described by RazerM it "Only works for first disk then it freezes.". However the second or third run seemed to work for some reason, also, could someone test something out for me? Try putting prospeed.au3 & prospeed.dll in the \Beta\Include (for beta runs) or simply \Include for an F5 run.

Thanks,

Kurt

EDIT: This must be either ProSpeed.dll acting weird, or a bad dllcall to it. :)

Edited by _Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

Works good for me! It's pretty cool! Is there sound for this?

This reminds me off DDR dancing stuff kind of...

Will be working on sound support soon, shouldn't take too long with helpful _Sound functions :)

Still needs alot of work.

Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

A quick bug, you can just hold down 1,2,3 and 4 and just hit enter. Maybe its intentional but it seemed just a little cheap to me. And very unlike normal guitar playing =]

[center][/center]Working on the next big thing.Currently Playing: Halo 4, League of LegendsXBL GT: iRememberYhslaw