NetHelper (Wi-Fi edition)

Yashied

LAST VERSION - 1.2

09-Jun-10

NetHelper is an update for TM. HetHelper allows you to monitor incoming and outgoing traffic for the specified interface (adapter) and shows an illustrative graph of using traffic. You can also view additional information about the adapter (adapter name, interface speed, MAC address, etc.). Unlike TM, the values of variables for the sended and received bytes are not limited by DWORD type (~4GB). NetHelper uses a new functions for getting and calculating the traffic, which I put in a separate UDF (IPHelper.au3) for those who want to write your own programs using these functions.

NetHelper written specifically for Windows Vista or later (I tested on Windows 7 x86), and will not work on XP, do not try to cheat, it's still no good will come of it. Why Wi-Fi Edition? The only difference in the icons that appear in the system tray. Of course, the program will work with any physical adapters installed on your computer. If necessary, you can change the colors for graphics, update speed, and some other hidden settings in the following registry hive:

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareNetHelper

As usualy, I will be glad to any feedback and suggestions.

NetHelper.png

Supported operating systems

Windows Vista, 7

Files to download

Binary

Redirection to NetHelper_bin.zip, 488 KB

NetHelper_bin.html

Source

Redirection to NetHelper_source.zip, 184 KB

NetHelper_source.html

Optionally, you can download IPHelper UDF library on which is based the entire work of the program. The library is designed specifically for Windows Vista or later and is not intended for use in Windows XP or below.

IPHelper UDF Library v0.1 for Windows Vista+

IPHelper.au3

Edited by Yashied

Very nice Yashied! Thanks for sharing. I always learn a ton from your code. Everything you do has such great structure. Five Stars!! :mellow:

Edited by Beege

Nice program (as usual)!

Why don't you display both statistics in one graph (download + upload)?

Further when I press the rmb on the tray icon and open the statistic window and press afterwards the rmb again on the tray icon and move the mouse up then tray menu moves (jumps) also up.

I'm using Vista x32.

BR,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Why don't you display both statistics in one graph (download + upload)?

It's a price for a small window. I do not want to make a wide or high window. Moreover, I do not want to decrease the size of the graph.

Further when I press the rmb on the tray icon and open the statistic window and press afterwards the rmb again on the tray icon and move the mouse up then tray menu moves (jumps) also up.

I'm using Vista x32.

Sorry, unfortunately I do not have Windows Vista (I use Windows 7 x86), but I not used anything other than native Tray... functions. It's beyond me.

:mellow:

It's a price for a small window. I do not want to make a wide or high window. Moreover, I do not want to decrease the size of the graph.

Sorry, unfortunately I do not have Windows Vista (I use Windows 7 x86), but I not used anything other than native Tray... functions. It's beyond me.

:mellow:

I thought someting like the display of Process Explorer (CPU Usage -> red and green). No need to change size.

The 2nd issue might be with my notebook. I will test it also on my other notebook (also Vista x32 and Windows7 x64).

BR,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

I thought someting like the display of Process Explorer (CPU Usage -> red and green). No need to change size.

Yes, but there is another problem. Unlike processor, transmit and receive speeds may vary in x10 or more. If draw them in the same scale in a single graph, then one of them you just will not see. Edited by Yashied

The program has been updated to v1.2.

Changes

• Changed GUI (see screenshot).
  • Added ability to create .log file with the report of the work of the program.
  • Added ability to call "Network Connection Properties" standard dialog for the selected adapter.
  • Added a few additional settings.
  • Few reduced processor using in GUI mode.
  • Separate update and timer functions.
  • Fixed some bugs.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

My service gives me 100mbps down and 40mbps up, but this app shows 13mbps down and 5Mbps up. What's wrong? What do I need to change in the app. If that's off, could the transfer be ff as well?

Because this program shows traffic in megabytes (MB), not megabits (Mb or Mbit).

100 Mbit = 100 / 8 = 12.5 MB

40 Mbit = 40 / 8 = 5 MB

Is there a way to reset the transferred count without restarting the computer?

No, this is a system counter. But you can disable and enable again the network interface in Control Panel.

Edited by Yashied