SBA Task Manager

ludocus

I was inspired by PsaltyDS' udf to make a SBA (Simple But Advanced) Task Manager...

So here it is:

SBA_Task_Manager.au3

I had to get the If $oProc.GetOwner($sUserName, $sUserDomain) = 0 Then $avProcs[$n][3] = $sUserDomain & "\" & $sUserName line out because if a process stops.. (like when it closes: run notepad.exe and then close notepad (the win it self) will error the udf..)

Functions:

-See process Name, Priority, Path, CPU (usage), MEM (usage), Date created and Size..

-End a process..

-Export all processes to a file..

-Copy selected process..

Hope you guys like it..

Edited by ludocus

I was inspired by PsaltyDS' udf to make a SBA (Simple But Advanced) Task Manager...

So here it is:

SBA_Task_Manager.au3

I had to get the If $oProc.GetOwner($sUserName, $sUserDomain) = 0 Then $avProcs[$n][3] = $sUserDomain & "\" & $sUserName line out because if a process stops.. (like when it closes: run notepad.exe and then close notepad (the win it self) will error the udf..)

Functions:

-See process Name, Priority, Path, CPU (usage), MEM (usage), Date created and Size..

-End a process..

-Copy selected process..

Hope you guys like it..

I like your script. muttley

When the words fail... music speaks.

So here it is:

SBA_Task_Manager.au3

Functions:

-End a process..

-Copy selected process..

Hope you guys like it..

That's pretty cool. muttley

You might want to slow the updates down, and make the window resizeable so you can see more of the data.

To prevent the crash caused by COM OBJ errors you mentioned, just add a COM error handler to silently catch and handle them.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i love the ability to export a list but i have an idea

what if u put in somthing where it records the first time that process has ran with the program runing

that way u can easly see if thiers any thing new runing on ur computer :)

• 2 months later...

Nice idea and implementation. Only problem is AutoIT3's memory consumption grows incrementally the longer the script runs. Don't know if it's a problem with the WMI memory leak bug they are talkingabout in the _ProcessListProperties thread or not..

Another implementation could make use of the non-WMI functions that are around to get the same basic information. And if you're really ambitious you can create a 'Applications' tab like Task Manager..

Anyway, nice job,

Ascend4nt

Hi!

That was some speedy updating! :P

Sorry for bitching, but your script doesn't report CPU correctly. Not even close to correctly on my puter...

Saw that with another WMI-based process manager on this forum...

Dunno what's with that?!

Have you compared with built-in taskmanager?

/Manko [Edit: Have to be honest, but preferably not overly negative.]

Edited by Manko
Yes i rush things! (I sorta do small bursts inbetween doing nothing.) Things I have rushed and reRushed:* ProDLLer - Process manager - Unload viri modules (dll) and moore...* _WinAPI_ProcessListOWNER_WTS() - Get Processes owner list...* _WinAPI_GetCommandLineFromPID() - Get commandline of target process...* _WinAPI_ThreadsnProcesses() Much info if expanded - optional Indented "Parent/Child"-style Processlist. Moore to come... eventually...