autoit and windows 8

Hello,

I create a small script to automatically install spybot beta 2 (you will find the code below).

I did my tests on my Windows 7 platform 64bit SP1 with UAC disabled and everything works perfectly.

I wanted to do my tests on my windows platerforme 8 RC 64bit with UAC disabled but nothing n'à do what the script does not proceed.

I noticed that if "run as administrator" it was not a concern.

I do not understand why its not working on my second platform while it is the same script.

You know or could come to the problem?

Link download spybot 2 beta : spybot2

Run (spybot2beta.exe)

; Welcome windows
WinWaitActive ( "Setup - Spybot - Search & Destroy" , "Welcome to the Spybot - Search & Destroy Setup Wizard")
ControlClick ( "Setup - Spybot - Search & Destroy" , "Welcome to the Spybot - Search & Destroy Setup Wizard", "TNewButton1")

; Donation windows
WinWaitActive ( "Setup - Spybot - Search & Destroy" , "Donations welcome!")
ControlClick ( "Setup - Spybot - Search & Destroy" , "Donations welcome!", "TNewButton2")
; Installation & usage mode windows
WinWaitActive ( "Setup - Spybot - Search & Destroy" , "Installation & Usage Mode")
ControlClick ( "Setup - Spybot - Search & Destroy" , "Installation & Usage Mode", "TNewButton2")

; License Agreement windows
WinWaitActive ( "Setup - Spybot - Search & Destroy" , "License Agreement")
ControlClick ( "Setup - Spybot - Search & Destroy" , "License Agreement", "TNewRadioButton1")
Sleep(100)
ControlClick ( "Setup - Spybot - Search & Destroy" , "License Agreement", "TNewButton2")
; Information windows
WinWaitActive ( "Setup - Spybot - Search & Destroy" , "Information")
ControlClick ( "Setup - Spybot - Search & Destroy" , "Information", "TNewButton2")

; Ready to Install windows
WinWaitActive ( "Setup - Spybot - Search & Destroy" , "Ready to Install")
ControlClick ( "Setup - Spybot - Search & Destroy" , "Ready to Install", "TNewButton2")

; Finish Installation windows
WinWaitActive ( "Setup - Spybot - Search & Destroy" , "Completing the Spybot - Search & Destroy Setup Wizard")
ControlClick ( "Setup - Spybot - Search & Destroy" , "Completing the Spybot - Search & Destroy Setup Wizard", "TNewCheckListBox1")
Sleep(100)
ControlClick ( "Setup - Spybot - Search & Destroy" , "Completing the Spybot - Search & Destroy Setup Wizard", "TNewButton2")

My version autoit : v3.3.8.1

If you have further questions do not hesitate!

PS: Sorry for my English very bad

Edited by flammedemon

I shouldn't have been surprised to find this topic here, since I came by to research your other topic...

That would be to point out another user here had encountered some problems with a previously leaked build:

However, I have not been having any problems with my scripts in Windows 8 yet. A difference may be that I do not use any automation type methods like you do... I have not tested in RTM yet since I can't download it right now. :

Did you try to run the Au3info tool on Windows 8 and make sure it can read the dialog controls the same way? You can also try attaching Process Monitor to your app to see where it may be failing...

I found a temporary solution time executed automation scripts.

In fact I have turned off UAC in Windows 8 like this: http://www.groovypost.com/howto/windows-8-turn-off-user-account-control/

But this method does not suffice longer to launch scripts must necessarily go to the registry to put the value 0 to the registry key "EnableLUA" (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System)

This method is temporary as it disables Metro applications in their entirety. At the end it is necessary to put a value to the key named above.

ps: to each key change must restart the pc

• 5 years later...

I think you win the prize for the greatest ressurection, i've seen so far. 2012

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe