Version 184.108.40.206 - March 26, 2022
1. When a video was paused while being played in maximized (not full screen) window, the image would shrink to a certain size smaller than the GUI for an unknown reason. _ResizeWMP() was added at the end of MyPause() function as an ad hoc measure. This brings the image back to normal size, but there is a short flicker while resizing the image. This problem remains to be solved in the future.
Version 220.127.116.11 - March 19, 2022
1. Implemented resizing of video in a Windows Media Player ActiveX control. This was made possible by using SetObjectRects method as demonstrated by @MattyD in his recent post (https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/207744-media-player-embedding/?tab=comments#comment-1498631). Previously WMP was embedded in an Internet Explorer HTML document and I was worried of IE being not supported by Windows.
Version 18.104.22.168 - March 15, 2022
1. Deleted _IEAction ($myIE_Obj, "scrollintoview") from MyWMPlayer() function. It was found that _IEAction ($myIE_Obj, "refresh") was not necessary to start with.
Version 22.214.171.124 - March 14, 2022
1. Fixed code broken by newly released AutoIt stable version v126.96.36.199. An error occured at line #428 (While $oPlayer.playState <> $iPlaying) which meant that the WMP object was not duely created. It was solved by replacing _IEAction ($myIE_Obj, "refresh") with _IEAction ($myIE_Obj, "scrollintoview") in MyWMPlayer() function. Thanks go to @pixelsearch for his help in finding the cause.
2. Redundant re-creation of shell.application object in MyFileProperties() function was eliminated.
Version 188.8.131.52 - December 2, 2021
1. Added "File properties" to the playlist context menu. The user can copy any file property by doubleclicking an item in properties window and, therefore, previous context menus for copying file name and path were eliminated. File properties for the current file can also be invoked by clicking the media title in the main window.
Version 184.108.40.206 - November 5, 2021
1. In order to accommodate Unicode folder names, changed file format of zPlayer.ini file from default ANSI to Unicode UTF16 Little Endian.
Version 220.127.116.11 - October 29, 2021
1. Eliminated 'Video full screen on/off' menu from the main window because, according to my experience, it is better to handle it in the video window alone.
2. The function of 'Go to this folder' of the playlist context menu was expanded. In addition to going to the current folder, it now searches the relevant file in the folder. The error in finding a folder name with spaces was corrected.
Version 18.104.22.168 - September 8, 2021
1. The playing mode(sequential or shuffled) used to be saved in the zPlayer.ini when exiting the program. Now it is saved in the playlist in each folder so that the program, when it loads a playlist, picks up the playing mode which was in effect for that particular playlist.
2. Added a function to continue playback of a media from where it was left off. The initial default criteria for activation of this function are minimum media length of 600 seconds and minimum streamed length of 300 seconds. When you change the folder or exit the program and the current file meets these conditions, the current media position is saved in the playlist. When you reload that playlist, you will be asked if you want to continue or restart. By changing the preferences in Help window, you can adjust the minimum lengths, disenable this function or let the program automatically jump to the saved file position without asking a question.
3. Made substantial changes to wordings of the main window to increase readability and intuitiveness.
Version 22.214.171.124 - August 16 , 2021
1. Corrected malfunction in synchronization of zPlayer graphic controls when the user pauses or plays a file through video window context menu.
2. Improved readability of code by changing docking values for controls in playlist window from intigers to global constant variables defined in the GUIConstantsEx.au3.
Version 126.96.36.199 - July 19, 2021
1. Added menu buttons in playlist window to move an item up or dwon. Drop and drag was not impemented at this stage considering it's complexity for a small player like this.
2. Streamlined codes for drawing menu buttons in playlist window to improve readability and make it easier to add or delete a menu button.
Version 188.8.131.52 - July 3, 2021
1. Added 4 alternate hotkey sets to be used when the Windows uses Ctrl+Alt+Arrow shortcuts to change screen orientation. This happens when the computer has Intel CPU and Intel HD Graphics Control Panel installed. The alternate hotkeys use =, -, < and > keys instead of up, down, left and right arrows.
2. Changed some lines of code to comply with good coding practice.
Version 184.108.40.206 - April 17, 2021
1. Added Ctrl+Alt+0(Zero) hotkey to restore all windows to their default postions
2. Added Ctrl+Alt+c hotkey to show/hide media controls in video window
Version 220.127.116.11 - March 27, 2021
1. Drastically reduced the playlist load time by using _GUICtrlListView_AddArray() function instead of _GUICtrlListView_AddItem(). The load time was further reduced by use of _SendMessage(GUICtrlGetHandle($ctrlView), $LVM_DELETEALLITEMS) instead of _GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems() for deleting existing listview items when changing the folder. It used to take more than 5 seconds to load an 8,000-item playlist but, now, it takes less than 2 seconds.
2. Disabled hiding or showing main and/or playlist windows when video is playing in full screen or maximized mode.
3. Fixed incorrect functioning of Ctrl+Alt+m hotkey for changing playing mode.
Version 18.104.22.168 - March 24, 2021
1. Added codes to make the current item of the listview control remain focused all the time when the playlist window is visible.
2. Disabled hiding or showing main and/or playlist windows when video is playing in full screen mode.
3. Fixed incorrect functioning of Ctrl+Alt+m hotkey for changing playing mode.
Version 22.214.171.124 - March 17, 2021
1. Fixed the problem of main window being minimized when the Close box of playlist window is clicked.
2. Changed hotkeys for Play Next File, Play Previous File, Increase Volume and Decrease Volume from Ctrl+Arrows to Ctrl+Alt+Arrows. This will unify all the hotkey combinations of zPlayer and free up Ctrl+Arrows which are frequently used by other applications.
3. Fixed the problem of the title bar text of playlist window failing to accurately indicate the current playing mode.
4. Improved the way playlist window is scrolled to bring current file to the center of the window. Now it works dynamically while the window is resized.
I owe special thanks to @pixelsearch for his kind and active participation in this update.
Version 126.96.36.199 - March 14, 2021
1. Provided an input box in the Welcome window to allow the first time user to add file types to the default ones.
2. The main loop, which basically handled messages from all of the windows, was divided into 3 loops: one loop each for main window, playlist window and video window.
3. Eliminated minimize and maximize boxes from playlist window.
4. Eliminated horizontal scroll bar from listview control.
5. Added many comments to increase readability of source code.
Version 188.8.131.52 - March 11, 2021
1. Changed some constants to variables: they are heights of listview header and individual items in the playlist window, which are used for scrolling the current file to the center of window, and GUI border width, which is a factor affecting the default positions of windows. They are now obtained from an acutual temporary GUI created at the start of the program so that they accurately reflect the user's OS and default language which affect their values.
2. Streamliined the procedure to handle discrepancy between a playlist and actual files existing in the folder.
Version 184.108.40.206 - March 6, 2021
1. Fixed the problem of mute status being automatically unmuted when a new file is loaded.
2. Set $oPlayer.Settings.autoStart to true once at the start of the program instead of issuing $oPlayer.Controls.Play every time a file is loaded.
Version 220.127.116.11 - February 26, 2021
1. Streamlined procedures which synchronize media controls of zPlayer and Windows Media Player. New code is shorter and more readable.
2. Added a submenu item(Copy file name) in playlist context menu.
Version 18.104.22.168 - February 21, 2021
1. Changed design of main window so that the file name label control dynamically adjusts its position as the string size of the file name changes.
2. Added a menu and hot key in the main and video windows. Turn UI Full Screen On/Off (Ctrl+Alt+u) will toggle the full-screen mode of video window on and off.
3. zPlayer controls such as pause/play, repeat(loop) and volume level are now synchronized with WMP-intrinsic media controls in video window.
4. Changed the way repeat function works: Instead of loading the same file again after its play is complete, it now uses $oPlayer.Settings.setMode("loop", True). This makes the transition from end of file to beginning of file very smooth, especially noticeable in video files.
Version 22.214.171.124 - February 13, 2021
1. Changed media length and current position formats from MM:SS to HH:MM:SS. When this player was for audio only, HH was rarely needed.
2. Improved the way the media position indicators work in both main and video windows such that their numbers are changed real time as the slider shuttle is clicked and dragged.
3. The shape of mute control icon was changed for more intuitive look.
Version 126.96.36.199 - February 10, 2021
1. Media controls have been added to video window. By default it is a small rectangle in the bottom right corner of the video window which can be expanded to a collection of full controls when necessary.
2. mkv was added to default file types. It is recommended that existing zPlayer.ini file be deleted before applying this update.
Version 188.8.131.52 - December 7, 2020
1. A major error was found in "Rescan" function and corrected.
Version 184.108.40.206 - October 7, 2020
1. The file extension was the basis for zPlayer to recognize a video file, but now the existence of video image in the file itself is the basis for recognition of a video file. As a result, there is no need to have two separate keys for audio and video file types to be defined in zPlayer.ini file. Now all audio and video file types are defined under one key named File Types.
Version 220.127.116.11 - August 10, 2020
1. Added context menu in the playlist window with following submenus: Play this file, Delete from playlist, Copy file path, Go to this folder, Search internet
2. Added Reshuffle button to the playlist window. It reshuffles the current shuffled playlist. The button is disabled when the play mode is Sequential.
3. Used _GUICtrlListView_AddItem() instead of GUICtrlCreateListViewItem() to add playlist items, thus avoiding frequent re-creation of playlist window.
Version 18.104.22.168 - August 4, 2020
1. Added a video player
2. Depending on the file types specified by the user in zPlayer.ini file this player can be either audio only, video only or both.