Internet Connection blocker

dantay9

This is by no means finished. I just wanted to post the script to see what everyone thought about it. If you find a bug, notify me or fix it yourself and post it. This code is open source so you are free to modify it, make it better or take ideas from it (make sure to reference me). This code disables the LAN connection to disable the internet connection. I am going to make a watchdog program for it later, I just haven't done that yet because it would be more difficult to test and make emergency exits.

The log file will be totally encrypted later, but for testing, I thought it would be easier to show parts of it. The log file will also be locked unless the administrator of the program is not logged in.

To Do:

1. Multiuser support

2. Cleaner code

3. Thinking about allowing administrator of program to limit the amout of time and time frame other accounts can access the internet

4. Document web pages visited and downloads in a log file (way down the road)

5. Block Applications/Processes

Previously 15 downloads

Internet_Blocker.zip

Edited by dantay9

@Inverted

This program is geared towards parents who want to keep their kids off the internet, not for security reasons.

It is obviously still in the developmental stage. I just posted it to get some ideas about the skeleton of the script. If you want to give your opinion, that's great. If you can solve that problem yourself and post it, that's even better because I am short on time. I think I am giving up on the details of the script. The base is for anyone to use. I just want a reference. See what you can do with this.

If you decide to develop this script more, please post your script on this post first.

Edited by dantay9