GUI stops working after minimize

demandnothing

i know i ask a lot of questions, and i've probably gotten on a few peoples nerves by now.. i apologize, but i am trying to learn this so i can help others as well as myself, with what i know.

i have a GUI with options on it.. check boxes, input boxes, and buttons.. one of the buttons minimizes the GUI so the program can run efficiently.. and one of the buttons minimizes the GUI so another GUI can appear and you can select from its options.. when i close out of the second GUI or restore the minimized GUI the buttons no longer work.. click all you want its not doing anything.. how do i fix this?

its really a long code and kind of hard to shift through.. there's a ton of cases and things, i thought i could get some suggestions on how to prevent my problem.. like using specific GUI set states other than @SW_MINIMIZE and @SW_RESTORE

after the GUI is restored i cant even change the checkboxes.. i have it set up to where if one is checked the rest are not, but that cancels itself out after clicking on one of the buttons, so all the check boxes can be enabled

Edited by demandnothing

• Moderators

If you're not willing to provide a very detailed description or at least post a replication script ( since yours contains either personal information you don't want public or it's too long ), then you need not even bother posting a question.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

If you're not willing to provide a very detailed description or at least post a replication script ( since yours contains either personal information you don't want public or it's too long ), then you need not even bother posting a question.

I agree.

Anyway here is general tip for OP:

Look at http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/guiref/GUIRef_MessageLoopMode.htm

especially at "Advanced GUIGetMsg and Multiple Windows" section.

Edited by Zedna