Unlocking a file

I have a backup file from sql server (.bak) that is often being locked/used by a process called "save.exe".

Sometimes this causes a problem because I need the sql job to delete old backups to free up space and when this fails, there is not enough space for most recent backup, causing the sql job to fail.

There is a program called Unlocker that seems to work only with GUI -- it does have command line but using command line does not seem to unlock this file.

I'm wondering if autoit can do the job (unlocking).

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

What does SAVE.EXE do? Is it a program written by you? This program locks the backup for good reason. So I think the best is to let the program that locks the file unlock it when it has finished processing.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

The save.exe is by sql server. It locks it indefinitely (as far as I know).

It's an old backup, I don't think killing the process "save.exe" is going to cause any harm to the whole system maybe to the .bak file it's locking but since it's old we don't care.