Access array values returned from function

Cyri

I don't know how to search for this so I'm just going to ask it. Is something like this possible?

WinGetClientSize($title)[0]

In other words, I know exactly how many elements are returned by the function. Is there a way to get around having to set a variable for the array?

Edited by Cyri

I don't know how to search for this so I'm just going to ask it. Is something like this possible?

WinGetClientSize($title)[0]

In other words, I know exactly how many elements are returned by the function. Is there a way to get around having to set a variable for the array?

No

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

No. It only works as in the example provided by AutoIT.

$size = WinGetClientSize("[active]")
MsgBox(0, "Active window's client size is (width,height):", $size[0] & " " & $size[1])
Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

The only other choice that could make it easier for you to read is to make a function for it. Something like this:

MsgBox(0, "Active window's client width is:", GetClientWidth("[active]"))

Func GetClientWidth($hWnd)
    Local $Width = WinGetClientSize($hWnd)
    Return $Width[0]
EndFunc
Edited by dantay9

The only other choice that could make it easier for you to read is to make a function for it. Something like this:

MsgBox(0, "Active window's client width is:", GetClientWidth("[active]"))

Func GetClientWidth($hWnd)
    Local $Width = WinGetClientSize($hWnd)
    Return $Width[0]
EndFunc

I run into this every once in a while with a function and wondered if there was an easier way. Like _PathSplit() when all I want is the extension or something like that. I hate going through allocating an array when all I need is one element of the returned array. The function idea will help. Thanks.