ZapPF

seangriffin

This is a small tool that I created to allow me to quickly and easily do three things:

• disable and stop services I don't want running on my computer
  • kill a list of processes that I don't want running on my computer
  • recycle a set of files, within a list of directories, on my computer
It takes the manual effort out of starting TaskManager, remembering what tasks I want to kill, and manually finding them and ending them.

Likewise with the housekeeping of Services and Files.

REQUIREMENTS:

• AutoIt3 3.2 or higher
  • the Services.au3 UDF by engine
DOWNLOAD:

Services.au3 (sorry - unable to attach because I've exceeded my upload quota)

Latest Version - v0.4 (14/02/12)

ZapSPF.au3

Edited by seangriffin

Cheers, Sean.

See my other UDFs:

Chrome UDF - Automate Chrome | SAP UDF - Automate SAP | Java UDF - Automate Java Applications & Applets | Tesseract (OCR) UDF - Capture text from applications, controls and the desktop | Textract (OCR) UDF - Capture text from applications and controls | FileSystemMonitor UDF - File, Folder, Drive and Shell Monitoring | VLC (Media Player) UDF - Creating and controlling a VLC control in AutoIT | Google Maps UDF - Creating and controlling Google Maps (inc. GE) in AutoIT | SAPIListBox (Speech Recognition) UDF - Speech Recognition via the Microsoft Speech (SAPI) ListBox | eBay UDF - Automate eBay using the eBay API | ChildProc (Parallel Processing) UDF - Parallel processing functions for AutoIT | HyperCam (Screen Recording) UDF - Automate the HyperCam screen recorder | Twitter UDF - Automate Twitter using OAuth and the Twitter API | cURL UDF - a UDF for transferring data with URL syntax

See my other Tools:

Rapid Menu Writer - Add menus to DVDs in seconds | TV Player - Automates the process of playing videos on an external TV / Monitor | Rapid Video Converter - A tool for resizing and reformatting videos | [topic130531]Rapid DVD Creator - Convert videos to DVD fast and for free | ZapPF - A tool for killing processes and recycling files | Sean's eBay Bargain Hunter - Find last minute bargains in eBay using AutoIT | Sean's GUI Inspector - A scripting tool for querying GUIs | TransLink Journey Planner with maps - Incorporating Google Maps into an Australian Journey Planner | Automate Qt and QWidgets | Brisbane City Council Event Viewer - See what's going on in Brisbane, Australia

good idea but needs more work!

Satisfies my needs at the moment. Would like to hear your suggestions though. You may have thought of something that could make my life even easier.

Cheers, Sean.

See my other UDFs:

Chrome UDF - Automate Chrome | SAP UDF - Automate SAP | Java UDF - Automate Java Applications & Applets | Tesseract (OCR) UDF - Capture text from applications, controls and the desktop | Textract (OCR) UDF - Capture text from applications and controls | FileSystemMonitor UDF - File, Folder, Drive and Shell Monitoring | VLC (Media Player) UDF - Creating and controlling a VLC control in AutoIT | Google Maps UDF - Creating and controlling Google Maps (inc. GE) in AutoIT | SAPIListBox (Speech Recognition) UDF - Speech Recognition via the Microsoft Speech (SAPI) ListBox | eBay UDF - Automate eBay using the eBay API | ChildProc (Parallel Processing) UDF - Parallel processing functions for AutoIT | HyperCam (Screen Recording) UDF - Automate the HyperCam screen recorder | Twitter UDF - Automate Twitter using OAuth and the Twitter API | cURL UDF - a UDF for transferring data with URL syntax

See my other Tools:

Rapid Menu Writer - Add menus to DVDs in seconds | TV Player - Automates the process of playing videos on an external TV / Monitor | Rapid Video Converter - A tool for resizing and reformatting videos | [topic130531]Rapid DVD Creator - Convert videos to DVD fast and for free | ZapPF - A tool for killing processes and recycling files | Sean's eBay Bargain Hunter - Find last minute bargains in eBay using AutoIT | Sean's GUI Inspector - A scripting tool for querying GUIs | TransLink Journey Planner with maps - Incorporating Google Maps into an Australian Journey Planner | Automate Qt and QWidgets | Brisbane City Council Event Viewer - See what's going on in Brisbane, Australia

Satisfies my needs at the moment. Would like to hear your suggestions though. You may have thought of something that could make my life even easier.

One thing that springs immeditaly to mind is an editor for the INI file.

EG add all the running processes to a list view and allow a user to add them to the list of processes to be terminated.

I used to use an old program called "end it all" was fantastic for sliming the computer down when I wanted to play games with out all the clutter getting in the way.

Good Start (or end if this is all you need :-))

John Morrison

aka

Storm-E

• 2 weeks later...

Version 0.2 is now available for download.

Changes include:

• Added TrayTips to report progress during startup.

Cheers, Sean.

See my other UDFs:

See my other Tools:

• 4 weeks later...

Version 0.3 is now available for download.

Changes include:

• Moved directory scanning to occur after process deletion.
Edited by seangriffin

Cheers, Sean.

See my other UDFs:

See my other Tools:

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

seangriffin,

This is nothing to do with this thread and I will delete it when you have responded.

I sent you a PM and posted in your Tesseract thread about a memory leak which been indentifed and solved. Have you seen either?

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Version 0.4 is now available for download.

Changes include:

• Added a service shutdown feature.
  • Renamed the script to ZapSPF.
  • Added a log file "ZapSPF.log".

Cheers, Sean.

See my other UDFs:

See my other Tools:

seangriffin,

This is nothing to do with this thread and I will delete it when you have responded.

I sent you a PM and posted in your Tesseract thread about a memory leak which been indentifed and solved. Have you seen either?

M23

Hi Melba23,

I have been seeing many personal messages over the past 12 to 18 months, including yours, but in all honesty I've been so busy with other commitments that I've had no chance to respond. My apologies. Feel a bit sad to be away from the AutoIT community for so long. I've had such a good time supporting everyone in the past.

I made a brave decision to go into commercial iPhone development last year and since then I've struggled with any free time (including time for friends and family) and dropped out of the AutoIT forums almost entirely. But I'm planning to return soon. The iPhone venture was a bit of a flop to be honest, and I'm considering giving it up. I realise it's much more fun, and much less demanding and stressful, working on a hobby such as AutoIT. Plus AutoIT development helps me in my career.

Again I'm sorry. I know alot has been discussed over the Tesseract UDF and I'd love to get back into it. So there's been a memory leak and it's been fixed? I also heard someone continued development of it in another topic? I must get back to it sometime. I've created a rod for my own back by developing so many UDFs. Now I don't have the time to maintain them all - LOL :-)

Feel free to leave this post here ;-) It's a reminder for me to do something ;-) I'll try and find time to revisit the Tesseract UDF. I think it needs lots of work.

Thanks,

Sean.

Edited by seangriffin

Cheers, Sean.

See my other UDFs:

See my other Tools: