eBay UDF

I've noticed that nobody has started an eBay UDF... so here goes! :idea:(got a feeling I'm going to regret this)

This UDF allows users to perform eBay functions directly from AutoIT using the eBay API (without the need to browse or automate the eBay website front-end).

The eBay API is big, and this UDF currently doesn't do that much. Though potentially (and time permitting) this UDF could grow into quite a rich list of functions for controlling many facets of eBay.

Right now, I'm beginning with the eBay "Shopping API", and specifically the "Item Data" functions, such as "GetSingleItem" and "GetItemStatus". Two of the most fundamental functions of the eBay API.

REQUIREMENTS:

• AutoIt3 3.2 or higher
  • a valid eBay Application Key
Note that the eBay Application Key is crucial to perform any functions in the eBay API, and therefore in this UDF. To get yourself an Application Key, you will need to first "Join the eBay Developers Program", and secondly "Get your application key".

For more information, visit this website -> eBay Developers Program Quick Start

LIST OF FUNCTIONS:

_eBay_GetSingleItem($appid, $ItemID, $IncludeSelector = "")

_eBay_GetItemStatus($appid, $ItemID)

EXAMPLE:

The following example demonstrates how to call the eBay UDF to retrieve the details of a listing in eBay. When the script is run, a GUI is displayed. The user must put their eBay Application Key (see the "REQUIREMENTS" section above) into the "App ID" field, and the Item ID of the listing they want to query into the "Item ID" field. Then clicking the "Get Item" button will retrieve and display the details of the listing in the listbox below. Clicking the "Get Item Status" button will retrieve and display just the status of the listing in the listbox below.

eBay Get Item test.au3

DOWNLOAD:

Latest Version - v0.1 (23/05/10)

eBay.au3

Edited by seangriffin

Cheers, Sean.

See my other UDFs:

Chrome UDF - Automate Chrome | SAP UDF - Automate SAP | Java UDF - Automate Java Applications & Applets | Tesseract (OCR) UDF - Capture text from applications, controls and the desktop | Textract (OCR) UDF - Capture text from applications and controls | FileSystemMonitor UDF - File, Folder, Drive and Shell Monitoring | VLC (Media Player) UDF - Creating and controlling a VLC control in AutoIT | Google Maps UDF - Creating and controlling Google Maps (inc. GE) in AutoIT | SAPIListBox (Speech Recognition) UDF - Speech Recognition via the Microsoft Speech (SAPI) ListBox | eBay UDF - Automate eBay using the eBay API | ChildProc (Parallel Processing) UDF - Parallel processing functions for AutoIT | HyperCam (Screen Recording) UDF - Automate the HyperCam screen recorder | Twitter UDF - Automate Twitter using OAuth and the Twitter API | cURL UDF - a UDF for transferring data with URL syntax

See my other Tools:

Rapid Menu Writer - Add menus to DVDs in seconds | TV Player - Automates the process of playing videos on an external TV / Monitor | Rapid Video Converter - A tool for resizing and reformatting videos | [topic130531]Rapid DVD Creator - Convert videos to DVD fast and for free | ZapPF - A tool for killing processes and recycling files | Sean's eBay Bargain Hunter - Find last minute bargains in eBay using AutoIT | Sean's GUI Inspector - A scripting tool for querying GUIs | TransLink Journey Planner with maps - Incorporating Google Maps into an Australian Journey Planner | Automate Qt and QWidgets | Brisbane City Council Event Viewer - See what's going on in Brisbane, Australia

So... is this how people always get it at the very last second? I've spent ages refreshing the page :idea:

Haa haa. I was very surprised they had an API too! Only found it yesterday, and thought to myself "what a brilliant thing for AutoIT". An eBay API and an automation tool like AutoIT. So many possibilities.

Yeah I also hate the idea of sitting in front of the screen to bid on an auction at the last minute.

I'm already exploring the possibility of having an AutoIT application monitor an eBay listing of your choice, and also respond to voice commands to control the auction. For instance, you can be nearby your computer (but not in front of it) and at anytime you can say the word "price" into a microphone, and AutoIT will speak back with the current price of the item (ie. "forty two dollars and twenty nine cents"). Then as an auction nearly ends, it can speak the main details every minute, or every few seconds, to you, like "top bidder is ..." or "current price is ..." or "time remaining ...". You could then say "bid" and an amount to have it bid for you. Or "bid plus 5 dollars". Or something like that. Haven't thought it through much.

Cheers, Sean.

See my other UDFs:

Chrome UDF - Automate Chrome | SAP UDF - Automate SAP | Java UDF - Automate Java Applications & Applets | Tesseract (OCR) UDF - Capture text from applications, controls and the desktop | Textract (OCR) UDF - Capture text from applications and controls | FileSystemMonitor UDF - File, Folder, Drive and Shell Monitoring | VLC (Media Player) UDF - Creating and controlling a VLC control in AutoIT | Google Maps UDF - Creating and controlling Google Maps (inc. GE) in AutoIT | SAPIListBox (Speech Recognition) UDF - Speech Recognition via the Microsoft Speech (SAPI) ListBox | eBay UDF - Automate eBay using the eBay API | ChildProc (Parallel Processing) UDF - Parallel processing functions for AutoIT | HyperCam (Screen Recording) UDF - Automate the HyperCam screen recorder | Twitter UDF - Automate Twitter using OAuth and the Twitter API | cURL UDF - a UDF for transferring data with URL syntax

See my other Tools:

Rapid Menu Writer - Add menus to DVDs in seconds | TV Player - Automates the process of playing videos on an external TV / Monitor | Rapid Video Converter - A tool for resizing and reformatting videos | [topic130531]Rapid DVD Creator - Convert videos to DVD fast and for free | ZapPF - A tool for killing processes and recycling files | Sean's eBay Bargain Hunter - Find last minute bargains in eBay using AutoIT | Sean's GUI Inspector - A scripting tool for querying GUIs | TransLink Journey Planner with maps - Incorporating Google Maps into an Australian Journey Planner | Automate Qt and QWidgets | Brisbane City Council Event Viewer - See what's going on in Brisbane, Australia

seangriffin,

Out of curiosity, why do you re-create the web object for each function? Wouldn't it be easier to create the object using a non-standard name, i.e $__OBJ_HTTP then call it for the post and get actions?

James

Bad / unoptimised / lazy coding :idea:

Was in a rush to release the UDF. It's a good point you make. Hadn't picked up on that yet. Will take note and address this in the next release - thanks for reviewing!

Cheers, Sean.

See my other UDFs:

See my other Tools:

Very nice start. I've been working with Python to use the trading API for sales reporting, but it's cumbersome.

I'm still a newb when it comes to these uses of AI. Have you done anything with the trading API? It requires HTTPS, I wasn't sure if winhttp could do HTTPS.

Very nice start. I've been working with Python to use the trading API for sales reporting, but it's cumbersome.

I'm still a newb when it comes to these uses of AI. Have you done anything with the trading API? It requires HTTPS, I wasn't sure if winhttp could do HTTPS.

Thanks. Haven't learned Python yet. Would like to one day.

I'm currently working on automating the Finding API. Will update the UDF soon with those functions I hope. I do need to call the Trading API GetCategories function though, as part of the "findItemsByCategory" call. I've had a brief look at the Trading API, and as you say, I'm not sure how I'm going to access it. No apparent HTTP access. Will let you know what I find, because I need a function very soon that can return all the categories in eBay.

Cheers, Sean.

See my other UDFs:

See my other Tools:

Thanks. Haven't learned Python yet. Would like to one day.

I'm currently working on automating the Finding API. Will update the UDF soon with those functions I hope. I do need to call the Trading API GetCategories function though, as part of the "findItemsByCategory" call. I've had a brief look at the Trading API, and as you say, I'm not sure how I'm going to access it. No apparent HTTP access. Will let you know what I find, because I need a function very soon that can return all the categories in eBay.

Thanks. To my knowledge the trading API is XML only.

So... is this how people always get it at the very last second? I've spent ages refreshing the page :mellow:

I use an online sniper to place my bids at the last second.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

• 6 months later...

I am taking what you have and trying to extract the data to inject it into MS Outlook as a calendar event. In the end I should have my Outlook calendar with the items I am watching and the reminder set for 15 minutes. Should be great on a smartphone. I have a VBS file that injects data into my Outlook calendar so I'll convert that to AutoIt. Getting your files to write the data to a text file will be the first step. Any chance you tried that yet?

Edited by Jackized

• 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...
15 minutes ago, faustf said:

i just  did do but  not  work 

Doesn't work should never be in anyone's vocabulary. What doesn't work? What works in a way differently than you expect?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

i download  a  file 

eBay Get Item test.au3

DOWNLOAD:

Latest Version - v0.1 (23/05/10)

eBay.au3

i insert  app id  and  id product  (for list ) but not list nothing   i have  blank  and in console  write me 

name:|val:

but not insert value  i try  to correct  the  script  but i am   beginner  in  ebay-sandbox  and  i dont know  so much

thankz  for  help