ahhh finally ! Nice find.

I will test it in the coming days, I may make some functions to improve the automation of the browser.

Br, FireFox.

OS : Win XP SP2 (32 bits) / Win 7 SP1 (64 bits) / Win 8 (64 bits) | Autoit version: latest stable / beta.
Hardware : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10Ghz / 8 GiB RAM DDR3.

My UDFs : Skype UDF | TrayIconEx UDF | GUI Panel UDF | Excel XML UDF | Is_Pressed_UDF

My Projects : YouTube Multi-downloader | FTP Easy-UP | Lock'n | WinKill | AVICapture | Skype TM | Tap Maker | ShellNew | Scriptner | Const Replacer | FT_Pocket | Chrome theme maker

My Examples : Capture toolIP Camera | Crosshair | Draw Captured Region | Picture Screensaver | Jscreenfix | Drivetemp | Picture viewer

My Snippets : Basic TCP | Systray_GetIconIndex | Intercept End task | Winpcap various | Advanced HotKeySet | Transparent Edit control

As you can see I am also interested.

I'll keep our fingers crossed.

Signature beginning:   Wondering who uses AutoIT and what it can be used for ?
* GHAPI UDF - modest beginning - communication with GitHub REST API Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF     POP3.au3 UDF     XML.au3 UDF    How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x  for other useful stuff click the following button

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskScheduler

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2019-10-01

Never thought of that, Duh.

I installedpython275.

Anyway, example does not work for me.

Opens chrome navigates to test page but fills no fields and waits on line 106 of chrome.au3.

While TimerDiff($begin) < ($timeout * 1000)

If FileExists($chrome_native_messaging_host_dir & "\output.txt") then ExitLoop
     sleep(100); here 
WEnd

And timeout does not appear to occur.

Win 7 32

Chrome version 29.0.1547.66

Edited by JohnOne

Is the .exe and .crx created by yourself seangriffin?

Hi JohnOne,

Yes I created both specifically for AutoIT.  I wrote them over the past couple of days.  It's been a rush, and it's still rough around the edges, but I'll do what I can to fix up any problems.

Cheers, Sean.

See my other UDFs:

Chrome UDF - Automate Chrome | SAP UDF - Automate SAP | Java UDF - Automate Java Applications & Applets | Tesseract (OCR) UDF - Capture text from applications, controls and the desktop | Textract (OCR) UDF - Capture text from applications and controls | FileSystemMonitor UDF - File, Folder, Drive and Shell Monitoring | VLC (Media Player) UDF - Creating and controlling a VLC control in AutoIT | Google Maps UDF - Creating and controlling Google Maps (inc. GE) in AutoIT | SAPIListBox (Speech Recognition) UDF - Speech Recognition via the Microsoft Speech (SAPI) ListBox | eBay UDF - Automate eBay using the eBay API | ChildProc (Parallel Processing) UDF - Parallel processing functions for AutoIT | HyperCam (Screen Recording) UDF - Automate the HyperCam screen recorder | Twitter UDF - Automate Twitter using OAuth and the Twitter API | cURL UDF - a UDF for transferring data with URL syntax

See my other Tools:

Rapid Menu Writer - Add menus to DVDs in seconds | TV Player - Automates the process of playing videos on an external TV / Monitor | Rapid Video Converter - A tool for resizing and reformatting videos | [topic130531]Rapid DVD Creator - Convert videos to DVD fast and for free | ZapPF - A tool for killing processes and recycling files | Sean's eBay Bargain Hunter - Find last minute bargains in eBay using AutoIT | Sean's GUI Inspector - A scripting tool for querying GUIs | TransLink Journey Planner with maps - Incorporating Google Maps into an Australian Journey Planner | Automate Qt and QWidgets | Brisbane City Council Event Viewer - See what's going on in Brisbane, Australia

Probably because the installer doesn't have permission to write to the system directory. Running as admin should fix it.

That said, the system directory is not the right place to be putting a dll dependency. That's just a little bit silly.

It is silly, and it's the best I can do for the time being.  The "AutoIT Chrome Native Messaging Host" is a Python program compiled into a Windows 32-bit executable.  When I deployed it onto a fresh computer I noticed it still required "python27.dll".  The quick fix was to include "python27.dll" in the installer and write it to the WindowsSystem32 folder.  Works fine in Windows XP, but I see now that under Windows 7 it needs extra priviledges.  I need to find out how to resolve that "python27.dll" dependency.  I am new to Python (by the way).

Cheers, Sean.

See my other UDFs:

Chrome UDF - Automate Chrome | SAP UDF - Automate SAP | Java UDF - Automate Java Applications & Applets | Tesseract (OCR) UDF - Capture text from applications, controls and the desktop | Textract (OCR) UDF - Capture text from applications and controls | FileSystemMonitor UDF - File, Folder, Drive and Shell Monitoring | VLC (Media Player) UDF - Creating and controlling a VLC control in AutoIT | Google Maps UDF - Creating and controlling Google Maps (inc. GE) in AutoIT | SAPIListBox (Speech Recognition) UDF - Speech Recognition via the Microsoft Speech (SAPI) ListBox | eBay UDF - Automate eBay using the eBay API | ChildProc (Parallel Processing) UDF - Parallel processing functions for AutoIT | HyperCam (Screen Recording) UDF - Automate the HyperCam screen recorder | Twitter UDF - Automate Twitter using OAuth and the Twitter API | cURL UDF - a UDF for transferring data with URL syntax

See my other Tools:

Rapid Menu Writer - Add menus to DVDs in seconds | TV Player - Automates the process of playing videos on an external TV / Monitor | Rapid Video Converter - A tool for resizing and reformatting videos | [topic130531]Rapid DVD Creator - Convert videos to DVD fast and for free | ZapPF - A tool for killing processes and recycling files | Sean's eBay Bargain Hunter - Find last minute bargains in eBay using AutoIT | Sean's GUI Inspector - A scripting tool for querying GUIs | TransLink Journey Planner with maps - Incorporating Google Maps into an Australian Journey Planner | Automate Qt and QWidgets | Brisbane City Council Event Viewer - See what's going on in Brisbane, Australia

Never thought of that, Duh.

I installedpython275.

Anyway, example does not work for me.

Opens chrome navigates to test page but fills no fields and waits on line 106 of chrome.au3.

While TimerDiff($begin) < ($timeout * 1000)

If FileExists($chrome_native_messaging_host_dir & "\output.txt") then ExitLoop
     sleep(100); here 
WEnd

And timeout does not appear to occur.

Win 7 32

Chrome version 29.0.1547.66

Interesting that the timeout doesn't occur.  I wonder if this is another Windows 7 security issue.  I have a Windows 7 32-bit machine here but haven't tested on it.

Could you try running that block of code above in a separate AutoIT script?  It's a simple loop that checks for the existence of "C:Program FilesAutoIt3Chrome Native Messaging Hostoutput.txt", and if not found exits (ExitLoop).  If that is an endless loop under Windows 7 then something strange is going on.

Cheers, Sean.

See my other UDFs:

See my other Tools:

I have updated the UDF to v0.2 now, with a few more functions and a new example (EXAMPLE #2).

Please try EXAMPLE #2, which is far simpler than EXAMPLE #1 which has the complexities of page load completion under Chrome.  I've run EXAMPLE #2 over and over repeatedly on my Windows XP machine and it hasn't failed.

Edited by seangriffin

Cheers, Sean.

See my other UDFs:

See my other Tools:

Interesting that the timeout doesn't occur.  I wonder if this is another Windows 7 security issue.  I have a Windows 7 32-bit machine here but haven't tested on it.

Could you try running that block of code above in a separate AutoIT script?  It's a simple loop that checks for the existence of "C:Program FilesAutoIt3Chrome Native Messaging Hostoutput.txt", and if not found exits (ExitLoop).  If that is an endless loop under Windows 7 then something strange is going on.

Loop does not exit

File does not exist

only

autoit-chrome-native-messaging-host.exe

manifest.json

It is silly, and it's the best I can do for the time being.  The "AutoIT Chrome Native Messaging Host" is a Python program compiled into a Windows 32-bit executable.  When I deployed it onto a fresh computer I noticed it still required "python27.dll".  The quick fix was to include "python27.dll" in the installer and write it to the WindowsSystem32 folder.  Works fine in Windows XP, but I see now that under Windows 7 it needs extra priviledges.  I need to find out how to resolve that "python27.dll" dependency.  I am new to Python (by the way).

Putting it in the same directory as the program is the way you would normally do it with required dlls. Not sure how you are doing the install as I haven't had a chance to test your UDF yet.

I really messed that up didn't I  :

Big apologies to anyone who already tried installing this.

I've made some major fixes now, and updated the top post with new links in the INSTALLATION section.

I've resolved many many issues including:

• the python27.dll file (it's now completely embedded inside the AutoIT Chrome Native Messaging Host)
  • Windows 7 32-bit is now fixed (I now correctly use the roaming application data folder for the AutoIT Chrome Native Messaging Host)
  • freeing up the AutoIT Chrome Native Messaging Host when Chrome is closed (to free up CPU and memory)

Windows 7 64-bit is still not working, but will be fixed very soon.

JohnOne and Mat, could you please re-test?  Firstly, remove the existing Chrome extension by opening Chrome, right-click on the jigsaw icon in the top right corner named "AutoIT for Google Chrome" and select "Remove from Chrome".  Then perform the 3 steps in the INSTALLATION section again, as the links have changed.  Let me know how you go.

Cheers guys,

Sean.

Edited by seangriffin

Cheers, Sean.

See my other UDFs:

See my other Tools:

Windows 7 64-bit is now supported.

I've tested the UDF with Windows XP 32-bit, Windows 7 32-bit and Windows 7 64-bit.  They all work as expected.

Cheers,

Sean

Edited by seangriffin

Cheers, Sean.

See my other UDFs:

See my other Tools:

Before I try this again, can you tell me what registry keys have been added or modified which causes the process to run at startup.

And any other keys please?

Before I try this again, can you tell me what registry keys have been added or modified which causes the process to run at startup.

And any other keys please?

A total of one key is written to the registry.

It's location is HKLMSoftwareGoogleChromeNativeMessagingHostscom.sean.consoleread(Default).

It's value is %APPDATA%AutoIt3Chrome Native Messaging Hostmanifest.json.

This key is a prerequisite of Chrome for a Native Messaging Host.

Cheers, Sean.

See my other UDFs:

See my other Tools:

I don't know what I've done to balls all this up, but it still is not working for me.

I redownloaded and installed native messaging host, still just navigates to the page and does nothing

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By nooneclose
      Good morning, all. I am having a very hard time figuring out why my code "breaks" every second (and every time after) iteration in the loop. 
      I am trying to automate the process of filling out a form for work. I need to find and send data to seven fields and get data from one field. 
      Here are a couple of pictures of the fields I am interacting with. The fields are on the same forum/page. (the green boxed ones)

Here is my code so far. 

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-q -d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w- 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w- 7 ;Allows for the combining of UDFs by disabling error messages. (I get error messages for "problems" that dont actually exsist) #include <AD.au3> ;Allows Active Directory functions #include <Array.au3> ;Allows special Array functions #include <Constants.au3> ;Allows constants to be used #include <Date.au3> ;Allows Date and Time functions #include <DateTimeConstants.au3> ;Allows Date and Time constant functions #include "DTC.au3" ;Allows Custom Date and Time functions #include <IE.au3> ;Allows Internet Explorer functions #include <Misc.au3> ;Allows the "is pressed" function to be used #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> ;Allows Message box function to be used #include <OutlookEX.au3> ;Allows the Outlook functions #include <String.au3> ;Allows special string functions #include <StringConstants.au3> ;Allows String constant functions #include <Timers.au3> ;Allows timer functions ;#RequireAdmin ;Requests admin privliges before starting program ; Special UDFs for UIA automation #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <debug.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> #include "UIAWrappers.au3" #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=N ;Should be used for stuff like tagpoint having right struct etc. when running on a 64 bits os ;******************************************************************************* ; Format and send the vaild E-mail's contents ;******************************************************************************* Func SendEmailData() ConsoleWrite("Action 16: Send E-mail Data to it's proper fields" & " at line: " & @ScriptLineNumber & @CRLF) ;=============================================================================== ; Store the Elements ;=============================================================================== ; Description _UIA_setVar("oDescription","Title:=Description:;controltype:=UIA_EditControlTypeId;class:=") ; Long Description OK Button _UIA_setVar("oLongButton","Title:=Long Description;controltype:=UIA_ImageControlTypeId;class:=") _UIA_setVar("oLongOk","Title:=OK;controltype:=UIA_ButtonControlTypeId;class:=") ; Work Order Number _UIA_setVar("oWorkOrderNum","Title:=Work Order:;controltype:=UIA_EditControlTypeId;class:=") ; Location _UIA_setVar("oLocation","Title:=Location:;controltype:=UIA_EditControlTypeId;class:=") ; Work Type _UIA_setVar("oWorkType","Title:=Work Type:;controltype:=UIA_EditControlTypeId;class:=") ; Reported By Date _UIA_setVar("oDate","Title:=Reported Date:;controltype:=UIA_EditControlTypeId;class:=") ; Reported By Person _UIA_setVar("oCustomer","Title:=Reported By:;controltype:=UIA_EditControlTypeId;class:=") ; Reported By Email _UIA_setVar("oEmail","Title:=Reported By Email:;controltype:=UIA_EditControlTypeId;class:=") ; Reported By Phone _UIA_setVar("oPhone","Title:=Reported By Phone:;controltype:=UIA_EditControlTypeId;class:=") Local $WorkType = "CM" ; Send the stored data to the proper field Local $stringSplitter = ", " Local $conCateStrings = $eDescription & $stringSplitter & $eComments Local $ComStringLen = StringLen($eComments) Local $TrimedDesc = StringTrimLeft($eDescription, 1) ;=============================================================================== ; Check to see if the Description and the Long Description can be concatenated If StringLen($conCateStrings) <= 100 Then Sleep(2000) _UIA_action("oDescription","highlight") Sleep(300) _UIA_Action("oDescription","setfocus") Sleep(300) _UIA_action("oDescription","click") Sleep(500) _UIA_action("oDescription", "setvalue", $conCateStrings) _UIA_action("oDescription","highlight") ; Wipes the long description so no duplication happens $eComments = "" ;=============================================================================== ; Send the Long Description in place of the Description ElseIf $TrimedDesc = "Other" AND $ComStringLen <= 100 Then Sleep(2000) _UIA_action("oDescription","highlight") Sleep(300) _UIA_Action("oDescription","setfocus") Sleep(300) _UIA_action("oDescription","click") Sleep(500) _UIA_action("oDescription", "setvalue", $eComments) _UIA_action("oDescription","highlight") Sleep(2000) ;=============================================================================== ; Send the Long Description in place of the Description and Send the rest of it to the Long Description field ElseIf $TrimedDesc = "Other" AND $ComStringLen >= 100 Then SplitLongDesc() ; Description gets the first 100 Characters $eDescription = $FirstLine ; Long Description gets the rest $eComments = StringMid($sNewString, 101) Sleep(2000) _UIA_action("oDescription","highlight") Sleep(500) _UIA_Action("oDescription","setfocus") Sleep(500) _UIA_action("oDescription","click") Sleep(500) _UIA_action("oDescription", "setvalue", $eDescription) _UIA_action("oDescription","highlight") Sleep(2000) ;=============================================================================== ; Send the Description and some of the Long Description ElseIf StringLen($eDescription) <= 80 AND $eComments <> "" Then SplitLongDesc() ; Description gets the first 100 Characters $eDescription = $FirstLine ; Long Description gets the rest $eComments = StringMid($sNewString, 101) Sleep(2000) _UIA_action("oDescription","highlight") Sleep(300) _UIA_Action("oDescription","setfocus") Sleep(300) _UIA_action("oDescription","click") Sleep(500) _UIA_action("oDescription", "setvalue", $eDescription) _UIA_action("oDescription","highlight") Sleep(2000) ;=============================================================================== ; Send the original Description Else Sleep(2000) _UIA_action("oDescription","highlight") Sleep(300) _UIA_Action("oDescription","setfocus") Sleep(300) _UIA_action("oDescription","click") Sleep(500) _UIA_action("oDescription", "setvalue", $eDescription) _UIA_action("oDescription","highlight") Sleep(2000) EndIf ;=============================================================================== ; Click the long description button Sleep(2000) _UIA_action("oLongButton","highlight") Sleep(300) _UIA_Action("oLongButton","setfocus") Sleep(300) _UIA_action("oLongButton", "click") _UIA_action("oLongButton", "highlight") _UIA_action("oLongButton", "click") Sleep(2000) ;=============================================================================== ; Send the long description Sleep(1000) if StringLen($eComments) >= 250 Then Sleep(500) Send($eComments) Sleep(10000) ElseIf StringLen($eComments) >= 150 Then Sleep(500) Send($eComments) Sleep(6000) ElseIf StringLen($eComments) <= 10 Then Sleep(500) Send($eComments) Sleep(1500) Else Sleep(500) Send($eComments) Sleep(4000) EndIf ;=============================================================================== ; Click the ok button Sleep(2000) _UIA_action("oLongOk","highlight") Sleep(300) _UIA_Action("oLongOk","setfocus") Sleep(300) _UIA_action("oLongOk", "click") _UIA_action("oLongOk", "highlight") Sleep(2000) ;=============================================================================== ; The work order number _UIA_action("oWorkOrderNum","highlight") Sleep(300) _UIA_Action("oWorkOrderNum","setfocus") Sleep(300) _UIA_action("oWorkOrderNum", "getvalue", $WoNum) _UIA_action("oWorkOrderNum","highlight") ;MsgBox("", "Work order number", $WoNum[2]) ;=============================================================================== ; The Location field Sleep(2000) _UIA_action("oLocation","highlight") Sleep(300) _UIA_Action("oLocation","setfocus") Sleep(300) _UIA_action("oLocation", "setvalue", $eLocation) _UIA_action("oLocation","highlight") ;=============================================================================== ; The Work Type field Sleep(2000) _UIA_action("oWorkType","highlight") Sleep(300) _UIA_Action("oWorkType","setfocus") Sleep(300) _UIA_action("oWorkType", "setvalue", $WorkType) _UIA_action("oWorkType","highlight") ;=============================================================================== ; The Reported By Date Sleep(2000) _UIA_action("oDate","highlight") Sleep(300) _UIA_Action("oDate","setfocus") Sleep(300) _UIA_action("oDate", "setvalue", $eSentOn) _UIA_action("oDate","highlight") ;=============================================================================== ; The Requested by field Sleep(2000) _UIA_action("oCustomer","highlight") Sleep(300) _UIA_Action("oCustomer","setfocus") Sleep(300) _UIA_action("oCustomer", "setvalue", $eReportedBy) _UIA_action("oCustomer","highlight") ;=============================================================================== ; The Requested by E-mail Sleep(2000) _UIA_action("oEmail","highlight") Sleep(300) _UIA_Action("oEmail","setfocus") Sleep(300) _UIA_action("oEmail", "setvalue", $eSenderAddress) _UIA_action("oEmail","highlight") ;=============================================================================== ; The Requested by Phone Sleep(2000) _UIA_action("oPhone","highlight") Sleep(300) _UIA_Action("oPhone","setfocus") Sleep(300) _UIA_action("oPhone", "setvalue", $eRoomPhone) _UIA_action("oPhone","highlight") MouseClick("left", 1843, 437, 2) Sleep(1500) Send("{UP}") Send("{UP}") Send("{UP}") Send("{UP}") Send("{UP}") Send("{UP}") Send("{UP}") Send("{UP}") Send("{UP}") Send("{UP}") Send("{UP}") Send("{UP}") Send("{UP}") Send("{UP}") Send("{UP}") Send("{UP}") Send("{UP}") Send("{UP}") Send("{UP}") Send("{UP}") Send("{UP}") Send("{UP}") Send("{UP}") Send("{UP}") Send("{UP}") Send("{UP}") Send("{UP}") Send("{UP}") Send("{UP}") Send("{UP}") Send("{UP}") Send("{UP}") Sleep(1000) MouseClick("left", 591, 279, 2) Sleep(3000) $lCount += 1 ConsoleWrite("Action 16: Finished" & " at line: " & @ScriptLineNumber & @CRLF) Sleep(2000) EndFunc  
      That is not all the code but that is the function that keeps "breaking" and by "breaking" I mean the program acts like it doesn't know where the description field is after the first iteration.
      My code will just click somewhere in the far top left corner and somehow shrink the browser in the process of finding the description field.  

The code works perfectly the first iteration but after that, it "breaks" (doesn't know where to click/send data to). 
      As always any help is greatly appreciated. 

NOTE: By the time 'Action 16' runs Chrome has already been opened and has navigated to the proper webpage.  I am trying to loop 'Action 16' multiple times. I do not leave that webpage while looping. 
    • By nooneclose
      Good morning, I am having a hard time figuring out how to read or get the valve (628850) from the red squared box in the picture below. 

Here is what I have tried so far. (see code below. Also, I'm very sorry my code is sloppy.)

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-q -d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w- 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w- 7 ;Allows for the combining of UDFs by disabling error messages. (I get error messages for "problems" that dont actually exsist) #include <AD.au3> ;Allows Active Directory functions #include <Array.au3> ;Allows special Array functions #include <Constants.au3> ;Allows constants to be used #include <Date.au3> ;Allows Date and Time functions #include <DateTimeConstants.au3> ;Allows Date and Time constant functions #include "DTC.au3" ;Allows Custom Date and Time functions #include <IE.au3> ;Allows Internet Explorer functions #include <Misc.au3> ;Allows the "is pressed" function to be used #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> ;Allows Message box function to be used #include <OutlookEX.au3> ;Allows the Outlook functions #include <String.au3> ;Allows special string functions #include <StringConstants.au3> ;Allows String constant functions #include <Timers.au3> ;Allows timer functions ;#RequireAdmin ;Requests admin privliges before starting program #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <debug.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> #include "UIAWrappers.au3" #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=N ;Should be used for stuff like tagpoint having right struct etc. when running on a 64 bits os ; Sets the script to accept coordinates off the program window and not the screen AutoItSetOption('MouseCoordMode', 0) ; Defines the time it takes to send text to the software/program AutoItSetOption('SendKeyDelay', 10) ;******************************************************************************* ; Close the script if "End" is pressed ;******************************************************************************* Local $oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error","MyErrFunc") HotKeySet("{END}", "Terminate") Func Terminate() MsgBox($MB_ICONINFORMATION, "DEATH", "AI Stoped!", 5) Exit EndFunc ;******************************************************************************* ; Script has started ;******************************************************************************* Sleep(2000) MsgBox($MB_ICONINFORMATION, "WO_AI", "AI Started!", 5) Sleep(1500) ;******************************************************************************* ; Main functions of the program ;******************************************************************************* test() ;=============================================================================== ; Function Definitions ;=============================================================================== Func test() MsgBox("", "TESTing", "Timer Started") Sleep(15000) MsgBox("", "TESTing", "timer Finished") ;~ *** Standard code maintainable *** AutoItSetOption("MustDeclareVars", 1) _UIA_setVar("oP1","Title:=Work Order Tracking - Google Chrome;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=Chrome_WidgetWin_1") ;Work Order Tracking - Google Chrome _UIA_setVar("oP2","Title:=Work Order Tracking;controltype:=UIA_DocumentControlTypeId;class:=Chrome_RenderWidgetHostHWND") ;Work Order Tracking _UIA_setVar("oP3","Title:=  Work Order Tracking;controltype:=UIA_CustomControlTypeId;class:=") ;  Work Order Tracking _UIA_setVar("oP4","Title:=main form;controltype:=UIA_GroupControlTypeId;class:=") ;main form _UIA_setVar("oP5","Title:=;controltype:=UIA_CustomControlTypeId;class:=") ; _UIA_setVar("oP6","Title:=View Work Details;controltype:=UIA_CustomControlTypeId;class:=") ;View Work Details _UIA_setVar("oP7","Title:=;controltype:=UIA_CustomControlTypeId;class:=") ; _UIA_setVar("oP8","Title:=Location: Location description Long Description Include Children? Include Children: unchecked Include Ancestors? Include Ancestors: unchecked Include History? Include History: unchecked Work Scope Minimize Work Scope Section Minimize Work Scope Section Work Scope Work Close Filter CTRL+Z Close Filter CTRL+Z Filter Filter Table Filter Table Next Row [CTRL+Down Arrow] Next Row [CTRL+Down Arrow] 1 - 4 of 4 Download Hide Table: Work Hide Table: Work Work Work Table Button Group;controltype:=UIA_CustomControlTypeId;class:=") ;Location: Location description Long Description Include Children? Include Children: unchecked Include Ancestors? Include Ancestors: unchecked Include History? Include History: unchecked Work Scope Minimize Work Scope Section Minimize Work Scope Section Work Scope Work Close Filter CTRL+Z Close Filter CTRL+Z Filter Filter Table Filter Table Next Row [CTRL+Down Arrow] Next Row [CTRL+Down Arrow] 1 - 4 of 4 Download Hide Table: Work Hide Table: Work Work Work Table Button Group _UIA_setVar("oP9","Title:=;controltype:=UIA_CustomControlTypeId;class:=") ; _UIA_setVar("oP10","Title:=Work;controltype:=UIA_TableControlTypeId;class:=") ;Work _UIA_setVar("oP11","Title:=;controltype:=UIA_CustomControlTypeId;class:=") ; _UIA_setVar("oP12","Title:=Record Detail Menu;controltype:=UIA_DataItemControlTypeId;class:=") ;Record Detail Menu ; Clicks on the main record field _UIA_setVar("oUIElement","Title:=Record ;controltype:=UIA_EditControlTypeId;class:=") ;ControlType:=UIA_EditControlTypeId;classname:=") ; Trying to click on / get value from the 3rd from top record field (this is me trying to use the id to access the record box) Local $otest =_UIA_getObjectByFindAll("Record.mainwindow", "id:=ma9038468_tdrow_[C\:1]_txt-tb[R\:3].;ControlType:=UIA_DataItemControlTypeId", $treescope_subtree) ;~ Actions split away from logical/technical definition above can come from configfiles ;~_UIA_Action("oP1","highlight") _UIA_Action("oP1","setfocus") ;~_UIA_Action("oP2","highlight") _UIA_Action("oP2","setfocus") ;~_UIA_Action("oP3","highlight") _UIA_Action("oP3","setfocus") ;~_UIA_Action("oP4","highlight") _UIA_Action("oP4","setfocus") ;~_UIA_Action("oP5","highlight") _UIA_Action("oP5","setfocus") ;~_UIA_Action("oP6","highlight") _UIA_Action("oP6","setfocus") ;~_UIA_Action("oP7","highlight") _UIA_Action("oP7","setfocus") ;~_UIA_Action("oP8","highlight") _UIA_Action("oP8","setfocus") ;~_UIA_Action("oP9","highlight") _UIA_Action("oP9","setfocus") ;~_UIA_Action("oP10","highlight") _UIA_Action("oP10","setfocus") ;~_UIA_Action("oP11","highlight") _UIA_Action("oP11","setfocus") ;~_UIA_Action("oP12","highlight") _UIA_Action("oP12","setfocus") _UIA_action("oUIElement","highlight") _UIA_Action("oUIElement","setfocus") _UIA_action("oUIElement","click") Sleep(2500) _UIA_action($otest,"highlight") _UIA_Action($otest,"setfocus") _UIA_action($otest,"click") MsgBox("", "End of program", "death") EndFunc I'm using $otest to try and click on the box, through the id that chrome gives it, with the UIA functions. I am kind of completely new to the UIA UDF but I do find it capable of doing a lot of cool things.   
      as always any help would be greatly appreciated. I know how hard you people hard. Thank you for taking the time to help us. 
    • By ozymandius257
      This is probably a very simple question (I hope!)
      I'm looking to use a UDF to access a SQL database, and have found ADO.au3, but I can't seem to work out how to use it.
      I've copied the files ado.au3 and ado_constants.au3 into the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include, then opened SciTe and started a new project.
      But when I type #include<AD - I don't get offered ADO.au3.
      (I know I should be using the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\UserInclude, but when it didn't work from there, I tried the above).
      What am I doing wrong?

• By BetaLeaf
      What is Rollbar?
      Rollbar provides real-time error alerting & debugging tools for developers. Learn more about it at https://rollbar.com/product/
      Demo: https://rollbar.com/demo/demo/
      Screenshot:
      Instructions: (RollbarTest.au3)
      ; Include RollbarSDK #include "RollbarSDK.au3" ;Turns on ConsoleWrite debugging override. ;Global $Rollbar_Debug=False ; Initialize RollbarSDK with the project's API key. ; Parameters ....: $__Rollbar_sToken - [Required] Go to https://rollbar.com/<User>/<ProjectName>/settings/access_tokens/ for your project. Use the token for post_server_item. _Rollbar_Init("eaa8464a4082eeabd9454465b8f0c0af") ; Write code that causes an error you want to catch, then call ; _Rollbar_Send ; Parameters ....: $__Rollbar_sErrorLevel - [Required] Must be one of the following values: Debug, Info, Warning, Error, Critical. ; $__Rollbar_sMessage - [Required] The message to be sent. This should contain any useful debugging info that will help you debug. ; $__Rollbar_sMessageSummary - [Optional] A string that will be used as the title of the Item occurrences will be grouped into. Max length 255 characters. If omitted, Rollbar will determine this on the backend. _Rollbar_Send("Debug", "This is an debug message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Debug Message") _Rollbar_Send("Info", "This is a test message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Info Message") _Rollbar_Send("Warning", "This is an warning message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Warning Message") _Rollbar_Send("Error", "This is an error message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Error Message") _Rollbar_Send("Critical", "This is an critical message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Critical Message") _Rollbar_Send("Info", "This is a test message. If you received this, you were successful!") ;No Message ; Rollbar_Send's helper functions ; Parameters ....: $__Rollbar_sMessage - [Required] The message to be sent. This should contain any useful debugging info that will help you debug. ; $__Rollbar_sMessageSummary - [Optional] A string that will be used as the title of the Item occurrences will be grouped into. Max length 255 characters. If omitted, Rollbar will determine this on the backend. _Rollbar_SendDebug("This is an debug message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Debug Message") _Rollbar_SendInfo("This is a test message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Info Message") _Rollbar_SendWarning("This is an warning message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Warning Message") _Rollbar_SendError("This is an error message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Error Message") _Rollbar_SendCritical("This is an critical message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Critical Message") ; Usable Example Local $sImportantFile = "C:\NOTAREALFILE_1234554321.txt" Switch FileExists($sImportantFile) Case True MsgBox(0, "Example Script", "An important file was found. Continuing...") Case Else _Rollbar_SendCritical('An important file was missing. Halting... File: "' & $sImportantFile & '"', 'Important file "' & $sImportantFile & '" is missing.') EndSwitch Notes: Please comment your feedback, advice, & suggestions below. While this is only a proof of concept, I will expand its feature set for everyone to use. 
      Right now, it is fully functional but not tested in production.

Changelog:
      RollbarSDK.au3
      RollbarTest.au3
      v0.2

v0.1.1

• By kurtykurtyboy
      GuiFlatButton is a UDF to easily create regular buttons with different colors for background, foreground, border, hover, focus, etc..
      This started as an effort to change the background color of a button and eventually grew into a full UDF.
      If you've looked around forums for changing button background colors, you have probably noticed that each proposed workaround has its own set of issues/side-effects. The answers usually circle back to 'use ownerdrawn buttons' and 'not worth it'. Well, now it is possible for anyone to easily create ownerdrawn buttons - totally worth it!
      Some issues with other workarounds such as drawing with GDI+ or using a colored label as a 'button':
      Not 'real' buttons so you lose built-in functionality that windows gives to buttons Messy / inefficient code in the main while loop to check for mouse position Slow to respond to click, paint, etc... Having to deal with GUIRegisterMsg messages Not straight-forward to implement GuiFlatButton is not a workaround; it is a technique to respond to Windows' built-in owner-drawn button events.
      With minimal effort, we can now create true simple colored buttons.
      The idea is to create an owner-drawn button using GUICtrlCreateButton then subclass the GUI and controls to handle the button-specific events to paint it however we want.
      This UDF magically does all of this for us! No need to worry about event handling or main while loop logic.

How to use
      It couldn't be any easier! Simply create a new button using the familiar syntax. This creates an ownerdrawn button with default colors.
      $mybutton1 = GuiFlatButton_Create("Button 1", 78, 20, 120, 40) If you want to change the background and text colors:
      GuiFlatButton_SetBkColor(-1, 0x5555FF) GuiFlatButton_SetColor(-1, 0xFFFFFF) Advanced Usage
      Set background/text/border all at once
      GuiFlatButton_SetColors(-1, 0x0000FF, 0xFFFFFF, 0x9999FF) Set ALL colors for ALL button states! (normal, focus, hover, selected)
      Local $aColorsEx = [0x0000FF, 0xFFFFFF, -2, 0x4444FF, 0xFFFFFF, 0xAAAAFF, 0x6666FF, 0xFFFFFF, 0xCCCCFF, 0x0000EE, 0xFFFFFF, 0x7777EE] GuiFlatButton_SetColorsEx(-1, $aColorsEx) Set default colors to apply to any future buttons
      ;set colors GuiFlatButton_SetDefaultColors(0x0000FF, 0xFFFFFF, 0x9999FF) ;create buttons $mybutton1 = GuiFlatButton_Create("Button 1", 12, 20, 120, 40) $mybutton2 = GuiFlatButton_Create("Button 2", 143, 20, 120, 40) Set ALL color defaults
      ;set colors Local $aColorsEx = [0x0000FF, 0xFFFFFF, -2, 0x4444FF, 0xFFFFFF, 0xAAAAFF, 0x6666FF, 0xFFFFFF, 0xCCCCFF, 0x0000EE, 0xFFFFFF, 0x7777EE] GuiFlatButton_SetDefaultColorsEx($aColorsEx) ;create buttons $mybutton1 = GuiFlatButton_Create("Button 1", 12, 20, 120, 40) $mybutton2 = GuiFlatButton_Create("Button 2", 143, 20, 120, 40)  
      Available Functions

Simple Example

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include "GuiFlatButton.au3" Example() ;GUI with one button Func Example() Local $hGUI, $mybutton1 $hGUI = GUICreate("GuiFlatButton Ex0", 275, 120) GUISetBkColor(0x333333) $idLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Click the button", 10, 100, 150, 30) GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0xFFFFFF) ;create new button then set the background and foreground colors $mybutton1 = GuiFlatButton_Create("Button 1", 78, 20, 120, 40) GuiFlatButton_SetBkColor(-1, 0x5555FF) GuiFlatButton_SetColor(-1, 0xFFFFFF) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI) Local $i = 0 Local $iMsg While 1 $iMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $iMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop Case $mybutton1 $i += 1 GUICtrlSetData($idLabel, $i) ConsoleWrite($i & @CRLF) EndSwitch Sleep(10) WEnd GUIDelete() EndFunc ;==>Example
      Menu/Toolbar Example

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include "GuiFlatButton.au3" Example() ;Example GUI with toolbar Func Example() Local $hGUI, $idLabel, $aButtons, $iTbSize $hGUI = GUICreate("GuiFlatButton Ex2", 300, 200) GUISetBkColor(0x444444) $idLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Click a button", 10, 180, 150, 30) GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0xFFFFFF) $aButtons = createToolbar() $iTbSize = UBound($aButtons) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI) Local $i = 0 Local $iMsg While 1 $iMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $iMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop Case $aButtons[0] To $aButtons[$iTbSize - 1] ConsoleWrite("1") GUICtrlSetData($idLabel, GuiFlatButton_Read($iMsg)) EndSwitch Sleep(10) WEnd GUIDelete() EndFunc ;==>Example Func createToolbar() Local $aButtons[6] Local $bkColor = 0x777777 Local $textColor = 0xFFFFFF Local $borderColor = 0x999999 Local $aBtnClrs[12] = [0x777777, 0xFFFFFF, $GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT, 0x888888, 0xFFFFFF, $GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT, 0x999999, 0xFFFFFF, $GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT, 0x666666, 0xFFFFFF, $GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT] For $i = 0 To UBound($aButtons) - 1 $aButtons[$i] = GuiFlatButton_Create("B" & $i, $i * 50, 0, 50, 17) GuiFlatButton_SetColorsEx($aButtons[$i], $aBtnClrs) Next Return $aButtons EndFunc ;==>createToolbar  
      Icon Example
      You can even easily add icons to your buttons -- just create a new button and send it an icon!

#include <GDIPlus.au3> #include "GuiFlatButton.au3" Example() ;buttons with Icon images Func Example() ;get images for demonstration _GDIPlus_Startup() ;initialize GDI+ Local $hIcon = _WinAPI_ShellExtractIcon(@SystemDir & '\shell32.dll', 258, 24, 24) ;extract the 'Save' icon Local $hBitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromHICON($hIcon) ;Create Bitmap from Icon (for demonstration) Local $hHBitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateHBITMAPFromBitmap($hBitmap) ;Create HBitmap from Bitmap _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($hBitmap) ;dispose the bitmap _GDIPlus_Shutdown() ;done with GDI+ Local $hGUI = GUICreate("GuiFlatButton Ex5", 255, 400) GUISetBkColor(0xEEEEEE) ;set default colors of future buttons Local $aColorsEx = _ [0xE2E5E8, 0X000000, 0x888888, _ ; normal : Background, Text, Border 0xE2E5E8, 0X000000, 0x333333, _ ; focus : Background, Text, Border 0xE8E8E8, 0X000000, 0x666666, _ ; hover : Background, Text, Border 0xDDDDDD, 0X000000, 0xAAAAAA] ; selected : Background, Text, Border GuiFlatButton_SetDefaultColorsEx($aColorsEx) ;normal button with icon $label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel( "$BS_TOOLBUTTON -->", 5, 10) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, $GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT) Local $mybutton1 = GuiFlatButton_Create("Save", 130, 5, 50, 48, $BS_TOOLBUTTON) _WinAPI_DeleteObject(_SendMessage(GUICtrlGetHandle($mybutton1), $BM_SETIMAGE, $IMAGE_ICON, $hIcon)) ;align top Local $mybuttonT = GuiFlatButton_Create("Top", 5, 65, 120, 55, $BS_TOP) _WinAPI_DeleteObject(_SendMessage(GUICtrlGetHandle($mybuttonT), $BM_SETIMAGE, $IMAGE_ICON, $hIcon)) ;align top-left Local $mybuttonTL = GuiFlatButton_Create("Top-Left", 5, 125, 120, 55, BITOR($BS_TOP, $BS_LEFT)) _WinAPI_DeleteObject(_SendMessage(GUICtrlGetHandle($mybuttonTL), $BM_SETIMAGE, $IMAGE_ICON, $hIcon)) ;align top-right Local $mybuttonTR = GuiFlatButton_Create("Top-Right", 5, 185, 120, 55, BITOR($BS_TOP, $BS_RIGHT)) _WinAPI_DeleteObject(_SendMessage(GUICtrlGetHandle($mybuttonTR), $BM_SETIMAGE, $IMAGE_ICON, $hIcon)) ;align left Local $mybuttonL = GuiFlatButton_Create("Left", 5, 245, 120, 55, $BS_LEFT) _WinAPI_DeleteObject(_SendMessage(GUICtrlGetHandle($mybuttonL), $BM_SETIMAGE, $IMAGE_ICON, $hIcon)) ;align bottom Local $mybuttonB = GuiFlatButton_Create("Bottom", 130, 65, 120, 55, $BS_BOTTOM) _WinAPI_DeleteObject(_SendMessage(GUICtrlGetHandle($mybuttonB), $BM_SETIMAGE, $IMAGE_ICON, $hIcon)) ;align bottom-left Local $mybuttonBL = GuiFlatButton_Create("Bottom-Left", 130, 125, 120, 55, BITOR($BS_BOTTOM, $BS_LEFT)) _WinAPI_DeleteObject(_SendMessage(GUICtrlGetHandle($mybuttonBL), $BM_SETIMAGE, $IMAGE_ICON, $hIcon)) ;align bottom-right Local $mybuttonBR = GuiFlatButton_Create("Bottom-Right", 130, 185, 120, 55, BITOR($BS_BOTTOM, $BS_RIGHT)) _WinAPI_DeleteObject(_SendMessage(GUICtrlGetHandle($mybuttonBR), $BM_SETIMAGE, $IMAGE_ICON, $hIcon)) ;align right Local $mybuttonR = GuiFlatButton_Create("Right", 130, 245, 120, 55, $BS_RIGHT) _WinAPI_DeleteObject(_SendMessage(GUICtrlGetHandle($mybuttonR), $BM_SETIMAGE, $IMAGE_ICON, $hIcon)) GuiFlatButton_SetState($mybuttonR, $GUI_DISABLE ) ;disabled Local $mybuttonDisable = GuiFlatButton_Create("Disabled", 130, 310, 120, 55, $BS_TOOLBUTTON) _WinAPI_DeleteObject(_SendMessage(GUICtrlGetHandle($mybuttonDisable), $BM_SETIMAGE, $IMAGE_BITMAP, $hHBitmap)) GuiFlatButton_SetState($mybuttonDisable, $GUI_DISABLE ) ;clean up! _WinAPI_DestroyIcon( $hIcon ) _WinAPI_DeleteObject( $hHBitmap ) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI) Local $iMsg While 1 $iMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $iMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop EndSwitch Sleep(10) WEnd GUIDelete() EndFunc ;==>Example  
      I'm sure there are some use-cases I've forgotten, so feedback is welcome!

Download the UDF and several more examples: GuiFlatButton_20190414.zip
      Update 2019-04-14
      Fixed bug, not showing pressed down state when clicking rapidly
      Added Icon/Bitmap support!
      Added function GuiFlatButton_SetPos to change the position and/or size of a button
      Update 2019-02-09
      Added 2 new functions to set the button colors globally for all future buttons.
      GuiFlatButton_SetDefaultColors 
      GuiFlatButton_SetDefaultColorsEx

Credits to:
      Melba23 (UDF template)
      LarsJ (general subclassing code)
      4ggr35510n (TrackMouseEvent example)
      binhnx (disable dragging with $WS_EX_CONTROLPARENT)
      GUIRegisterMsg in AutoIt Help (owner-draw button example)
      funkey (_WinAPI_DrawState example)