Folder Sync Tool

llewxam

Very cool script, but for some files I get error 0. Using FileCopy() works on those files!

A very nice addition to the script would be a filter, to whitelist/blacklist files/folder :)

Also, you should recalculate files on task start. That way you can sync from folder A->B And then from B->C. With different filter on each task.

Edited by detected

@joseLB

Those requests are WAAAAAY out of scope with the purpose of this script, which is meant as a way to get files from one place to another if there are differences in the files. It has some helpful tricks like command line configuration to aid in automation, but what you are talking about is a real-time system. I am also not currently doing any development work on this tool at the moment.

@detected

Just curious if you are still having the same issues, I have passed unknown billions of files through this script over several years and find it to be very reliable. Keep in mind that some files may require elevated permissions (#RequireAdmin) and you will get errors on any files that are open, but otherwise you should have no issues. Please post back with any details on when you have issues if you can reproduce your previous problems!

Ian

My projects:

• IP Scanner - Multi-threaded ping tool to scan your available networks for used and available IP addresses, shows ping times, resolves IPs in to host names, and allows individual IPs to be pinged.
  • INFSniff - Great technicians tool - a tool which scans DriverPacks archives for INF files and parses out the HWIDs to a database file, and rapidly scans the local machine's HWIDs, searches the database for matches, and installs them.
  • PPK3 (Persistent Process Killer V3) - Another for the techs - suppress running processes that you need to keep away, helpful when fighting spyware/viruses.
  • Sync Tool - Folder sync tool with lots of real time information and several checking methods.
  • USMT Front End - Front End for Microsoft's User State Migration Tool, including all files needed for USMT 3.01 and 4.01, 32 bit and 64 bit versions.
  • Audit Tool - Computer audit tool to gather vital hardware, Windows, and Office information for IT managers and field techs. Capabilities include creating a customized site agent.
  • CSV Viewer - Displays CSV files with automatic column sizing and font selection. Lines can also be copied to the clipboard for data extraction.
  • MyDirStat - Lists number and size of files on a drive or specified path, allows for deletion within the app.
  • 2048 Game - My version of 2048, fun tile game.
  • Juice Lab - Ecigarette liquid making calculator.
  • Data Protector - Secure notes to save sensitive information.
  • VHD Footer - Add a footer to a forensic hard drive image to allow it to be mounted or used as a virtual machine hard drive.
  • Find in File - Searches files containing a specified phrase.

• 3 months later...

I got a error.

Command line used:

C:\Users\Steeve\Desktop\Sync.exe "C:\Users\Steeve\Desktop\Folder1" "C:\Users\Steeve\Desktop\Folder2"

The folder1 is empty, that give me this error:

post-61868-0-79328800-1374881906_thumb.p

No error when I use the GUI.

Nice script btw.

Edited by Steevegl

:P Can't say I ever tried syncing an empty folder to another destination......

Place this in the "not exactly a bug" category.

“A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.”

-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

My projects:

• IP Scanner - Multi-threaded ping tool to scan your available networks for used and available IP addresses, shows ping times, resolves IPs in to host names, and allows individual IPs to be pinged.
  • INFSniff - Great technicians tool - a tool which scans DriverPacks archives for INF files and parses out the HWIDs to a database file, and rapidly scans the local machine's HWIDs, searches the database for matches, and installs them.
  • PPK3 (Persistent Process Killer V3) - Another for the techs - suppress running processes that you need to keep away, helpful when fighting spyware/viruses.
  • Sync Tool - Folder sync tool with lots of real time information and several checking methods.
  • USMT Front End - Front End for Microsoft's User State Migration Tool, including all files needed for USMT 3.01 and 4.01, 32 bit and 64 bit versions.
  • Audit Tool - Computer audit tool to gather vital hardware, Windows, and Office information for IT managers and field techs. Capabilities include creating a customized site agent.
  • CSV Viewer - Displays CSV files with automatic column sizing and font selection. Lines can also be copied to the clipboard for data extraction.
  • MyDirStat - Lists number and size of files on a drive or specified path, allows for deletion within the app.
  • VHD Footer - Add a footer to a forensic hard drive image to allow it to be mounted or used as a virtual machine hard drive.

• 1 year later...

I got a error.

Command line used:

C:\Users\Steeve\Desktop\Sync.exe "C:\Users\Steeve\Desktop\Folder1" "C:\Users\Steeve\Desktop\Folder2"

The folder1 is empty, that give me this error:

...   ....

No error when I use the GUI.

Nice script btw.

...and over 2 years later... I see the answer so simple, I'm posting for the next guy.

on line 429, change it to this

If UBound($FileList) > 0 Then ; <-- add this "If NOT empty array" then
            For $a = 1 To $FileList[0] Step 2
                $CopySource = $FileList[$a]
                $TrimPath = StringTrimLeft($CopySource, $SourcePathLength)
                $Destination = $Target & $TrimPath
                $NewDir = StringMid($Destination, 1, StringInStr($Destination, "\", 2, -1) - 1)
                If Not FileExists($NewDir) Then DirCreate($NewDir)
                $CopySize = $FileList[$a + 1]
                _Copy($SourceUNCPrefix & $CopySource, $TargetUNCPrefix & $Destination, $CopySize)
            Next
        EndIf

..I didn't test much, maybe that's all it takes.

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

Thanks for that argumentum, I'll hopefully get around to checking this shortly.

Ian

My projects:

• 8 years later...
2 hours ago, Davegbuf said:

I would like to try out this sync tool but it appears that your codes says to download another file which does not appear to be avaialble. Are there any alternatives?

Ward for his machine code MD5                   http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/121985-autoit-machine-code-algorithm-collection

https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/files/file/467-wards-autoit-machine-code-algorithm-collection/

When the words fail... music speaks.