Autoit and Access

I'm trying to write a script that will run a pre-setup query in Access and then read the output data... remember that data, and then use the data to run an access report and print the file. I've worked with autoit before... but have not really set much up as for as interacting with access. I dont need it to manipulate the data in any way... just plain run and read and run. Can someone help me at least get started in the right direction?

so like this:

Autoit runs Query01 -- reads a few of the columns in the output (i guess create an array from the data) -- and then runs report01 entering that data -- then finally printing the report.

I'm pretty good at working with arrays and what-not... just unsure how to get data from access.

i have attached Query01's data output so you can see the data i'm trying to work with...

Using Access 2003.

post-62256-0-28729500-1302732719_thumb.j

You could use ADODB and interface with the data directly instead of manipulating the Access GUI or using COM.

That'd be my recommendation if the desired end result is simply retrieving data. Check out my example or search the forums for ADODB.

Hello spudw2k! thanks for the quick reply! I've taken a loot at your code and done quite a bit of searching, but am still lost as to where to even begin! I'm not quite up to par on my scripting skills to be able to fully understand what yours is doing. Most of the posts and google searches i've done all start by using some code the article writer has come up with and assume i already have an understanding of how to get to that point... which i dont. can you point me in the direction of a good ADODB article that applies to autoit and access, or a good walkthrough to help me build my script? thanks a ton!