Why will this not work? I have spent a few hours on this one little problem. I have tried everything I can think of to make it work, but never wants too. I have tested the pattern in a few other scripts and it works fine. the @ERROR says it is a bad string - but how can String($HTML) be bad? Is it to much text for it to string?

$IE = _IECreate("C:\Users\Ned\Dropbox\Public\Findings.html", "", 0)
$HTML = _IEBodyReadHTML($IE)
_IEQuit($IE)
$HTML = String($HTML)
$array = StringRegExp($HTML, '(?<=\QNew: <a href="/items/view/\E)(.*?)(?=\Q">\E)', 3) ;gets new item numbers
_ArrayDisplay($array)
Edited by Ned

I dont see any error checking. How do you know its coming from String()? Have you tried printing $HTML to the console to verify that _IEBodyReadHTML() worked?

Wait...If you manually add the string $html to your script it works? That is weird. I have a few ideas that might work, but nothing to figure out whats actually going wrong. Maybe try putting on the clipboard and then reading back?

Clipput($html)
$html = clipget()

If that doesnt work maybe :graduated:

Clipput($html)
$html = clipget()
_filecreate(@scriptdir & '\Temphtml.txt')
filewrite(@scriptdir & '\Temphtml.txt', $html)
$html = fileread(@scriptdir & '\Temphtml.txt')
filedelete(@scriptdir & '\Temphtml.txt')

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TTE26
      How can I get a full name for a folder that starts with "data_" and ends with random numbers and characters?
      I want to get a folders name inside Temp Directory.
      Not sure how to even start. 🤭

Any suggestions? 🤔
    • By RAMzor
      Hi everyone,
      I have this string:
      "main_lot      0x111” & @CRLF & “main_version          0xABC” & @CRLF & “main_number 0xDEAD123” & @CRLF & “main_version          0x333"
      And I'm trying to extract one specific hexadecimal number, actually main_version from this string by using StringRegExp:
      How to get 'ABC' from it?
      I'm not sure if the original string uses @CRLF, @CR or @LF as a line breaks (received from linux over ssh plink.exe) I have tried this code but it doesn't work 
      #include <Array.au3> $sLog = "main_lot 0x111” & @CRLF & “main_version 0xABC” & @CRLF & “main_number 0xDEAD123” & @CRLF & “main_version 0x333" $aVer = StringRegExp($sLog, "main_version\h*(.+)(?:0[xX][[:xdigit:]])", 3) _ArrayDisplay($aVer)  

• By cruisepandey
      Hi, 
      I have a string like this : 
      Global $Msga = "urrent directory is /send.  (Submission of file with log number 29381077284 is confirmed)";
      I want to extract the number 29381077284  from the string. I did StringSplit to split based on "(" and then use space to reach there, But it's not a good choice. 
      Can anyone help me with regular expression to find the number from String using AutoIT. TIA
    • By DannyJ
      I have this example string:

2020-06-08 09:23:33 : abcdefghifjklm How to trim just the right part? Or how to trim this text right to left?
      I want to trim this string right to left until ' : '.
      In ohter words: I need the 'abcdefghifklm' text.
      I have tried StringTrimRight, but that requires 
      The number of characters to trim. Unfortunately StringSplit trims the left part of the strings.

• By careca
      This is my take on string triggers, triggers on specific strings.
      Able to simple text pasting,
      opening links (as long as there's a www. http:\\ or https:\\ at the beggining)
      and is able to open applications, if there is a parameter in the parameter field, it uses it.
      Shows your external, lan, and gateway ip's.
      Able to change system volume by a set percentage, reading from the inputbox the number the user sets, if 0 or empty uses system default.
      I made this because the existing string trigger applications didn't do it for me.
      I did this for me, but if someone finds it useful, all the better.