Sign in to follow this  
Quinch

Extended window capturing

Quinch

I'm thinking about writing a screencap program that would capture not only the contents of a window but also, if the window stretches past the screen, to capture that too so I can have captures of large pages without having to glue them together by hand. The concept is simple enough - determine the dimensions and position of the window, store each individual pixel, send a page down command, compare pixels to see where the contents of the next page start, repeat. Problem is, is there any way to finally dump that pixel data into an actual image format?

monoscout999
in this link there is a discuss about this issue, we never finish the solution, maybe you can add something usefull that might help us. :graduated: Edited by monoscout999

Quinch

Well, most of the stuff in that thread is a little out of my league for now - I think the only thing I wan to know is if there's a function available that can generate a bitmap from provided data?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Xandy
      By Xandy
      MapIt is a tile world editor.  MapIt was built around the concept of reversing Dragon Warrior map images.  MapIt can take image input and produce a tile and world array.
      MapIt features Unity style dragable labels that adjust property values.

MapParser is a C++ project that scans images for unique tiles.  MapParser is very fast.  Due to hard drive failure, many bugs were restored b/c I had to rewind many years.  Frustrated with the design, I wrote a new version from the ground up.  This New Version:  AutoIt Front-end, command line controls, and shared with the world; so that I can't lose it again.
      You can toggle the C++ MapParser off to see the difference in speeds between the MapParser CPP verse AutoIt function.  Function is named Scan_Tiles() in AutoIt.  You can also chose to download without MapParser.exe.
      At the moment Scanning a image resets the arrays, but you can add tiles after scanning.
      Images can be added as tiles without scan image at all.  Then configure settings to give your world parameters and manually fill the world data with tile indexes.
      Using the settings you can change tile size after a scan.  Example: you wanted to replace a map with different sized tiles.
      Changing and replacing tile / world data is easy.  B/c tile world editor.

Hotkeys, I use CTRL+R in image above to signal replace tile action and I use "G" to Get the tile under mouse.
      Hotkeys are not saved to disk and thus are set to default between sessions.
      I might draw the world to pre-rendered surfaces and use them as multi-layer someday.  I do that in my AutoIt, DragonWarrior Remake but I could spend forever unsure what features are important for this.  The DW_Remake has a method of replacing a tile with a tile on two layers.  So you could replace a tree on the first layer with a grass, and a tree in the second layer.  This is all getting very confusing.
      I attempted to write the good code.  If something could be better, please advise.
      Forth release.  Enjoy.
      For download, videos, and example of created world file data; please visit the MapIt webpage: http://songersoft.com/programming/mapit/mapit_about.phtml
      Special thanks: @AdmiralAlkex, @Melba23, @MrCreatoR
      Main AutoIt source file: Will not run without other Includes and SDL DLLs.
      Last Update: 5/23/2018 7:55 PM EST
      Next Version  
    • ammaul
      By ammaul
      Hi folks, I'm having problems with a screenshot capture script.
      Let me explain.
      Everyday I (and my colleagues at work) need to take some screenshots from a web-page. These screenshots are used to compile a report. Normally, I (and others) used to log in into the website and took screenshots of desired graphics and tables. This is tediuos and time consuming. To easy this task I made a script using autoit that basically logs into the website (user and password) and using some clicks, stroke send, coordinates, it is able to generate the graphics and save them to some folders into our network (this script saves arouund 50 pics. It works like a sharm.
      In order to make things easier, I tried to schedule this script (compiled to a Screnpics.exe file) using task scheduler from windows. We already use this (task scheduler) to run some vbs scripts, some vba excel scripts and so on. The computer used for this tasks is a windows 7 desktop computer. Due to security policies, the computer locks after some time. All this tasks run in the locked computer.
      My script screenpics.exe runs also from this locked computer. When the computer is unlocked, it does everything as expected. But, when it is locked, all the "pics" are BLACK. As I understand, it runs ok, but, as the "windows" are innactive, it prints what it "sees": a black rectangular.
      Some details: The web-page with hold the information I need, it only works in Firefox and, because of this it couldn`t be managed by vba or some "getobject" like commands. In fact, it has some flash things that make it impossible to control programatically. So my script is based on mouse move to coordinates, mouse click, screen capture and so one.

So, I read many posts trying to figure out a way to overcome this, but... nothing came to mind. My first idea was try to unlock windows. Theses lead me to some posts with no solution. This is worse because I'm not a computer admin, so procedures that need to replace/change the register are not an option.

If someone has any idea, I'll be gratefull.
    • FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good morning everyone

I was playing a little bit with "Screen Capture" UDF, and I was trying to make a "Window" capture, but, since I made a GUI which through I fire the event "Capture", my GUI is captured as well, and I don't want to
      This is the line of code that makes the capture:

_ScreenCapture_CaptureWnd($strScreenCaptureFileName, $objActiveWindow, 0, 0, -1, -1, False) And these are the lines of code which select the "active" window:

Local $objCurrentWindow = 9999 If _IsPressed("01") Then $objCurrentWindow = WinGetHandle("[ACTIVE]") If $objCurrentWindow <> $objMyGUI Then $objActiveWindow = $objCurrentWindow EndIf EndIf Sorry If I made stupid mistakes
      Thanks in advance.

Francesco
    • AdamUL
      By AdamUL
      Here is a function that will return a 2D array of visible windows.  You will notice that windows "Start" and "Program Manager"  windows will always be in the array.  The array returns the title of the window, the window handle, the PID of the process associated with the window, the process name associated with the window, the window's position, and the window's dimension,  Please see comments in the code about the numbers returned about the window's position.

#include <Array.au3> #include <Process.au3> ;Get a list of visable windows with titles. $aWindows = _GetVisibleWindows() _ArrayDisplay($aWindows) Func _GetVisibleWindows() ;Retrieve a list of windows. Local $aWinList = WinList() If Not IsArray($aWinList) Then Return SetError(0, 0, 0) ;Loop through the array deleting no title or invisable windows. Local $sDeleteRows = "" For $i = 1 To $aWinList[0][0] If $aWinList[$i][0] = "" Or Not BitAND(WinGetState($aWinList[$i][1]), $WIN_STATE_VISIBLE) Then $sDeleteRows &= $i & ";" EndIf Next $sDeleteRows = StringTrimRight($sDeleteRows, 1) ;Remove last ";". _ArrayDelete($aWinList, $sDeleteRows) $aWinList[0][0] = UBound($aWinList) - 1 ;Get Window's Processor ID (PID), and add to the array. _ArrayColInsert($aWinList, UBound($aWinList, 2)) For $i = 1 To $aWinList[0][0] $aWinList[$i][2] = WinGetProcess($aWinList[$i][1]) Next ;Get Window's Process Name from PID, and add to the array. _ArrayColInsert($aWinList, UBound($aWinList, 2)) For $i = 1 To $aWinList[0][0] $aWinList[$i][3] = _ProcessGetName($aWinList[$i][2]) Next ;Get Windows's Position and Size, and add it to the array. ;For Position, -3200,-3200 is minimized window, -8,-8 is maximized window on 1st display, and ;x,-8 is maximized windown on the nth display were x is the nth display width plus -8 (W + -8). _ArrayColInsert($aWinList, UBound($aWinList, 2)) ;Position (X,Y). _ArrayColInsert($aWinList, UBound($aWinList, 2)) ;Dimension (WxH). Local $aWinPosSize For $i = 1 To $aWinList[0][0] $aWinPosSize = WinGetPos($aWinList[$i][1]) $aWinList[$i][4] = $aWinPosSize[0] & "," & $aWinPosSize[1] $aWinList[$i][5] = $aWinPosSize[2] & "x" & $aWinPosSize[3] Next Return $aWinList EndFunc ;==>_GetVisibleWindows  
      Adam

• lenclstr746
      By lenclstr746
      HELLO GUYS
      I'm a work on a background see and click bot project 
      I can complete it if your help me
      (using imagesearch , gdi+ and  fastfind)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.