Sign in to follow this  
coolboy2295

ListView Item

coolboy2295

Hi,

Some body help me how to make list view item have color. I need each list view item have difference color.

Thanks for read.

Edited by coolboy2295

hannes08

Hello coolboy2295,

a good place to start would be the helpfile. Look for the GUICtrlSetColor() function.

Regards,Hannes[spoiler]If you can't convince them, confuse them![/spoiler]

coolboy2295

Oh thanks i could do it now. But how to make the newer list view item on the top.

Melba23

coolboy2295,

Use _GUICtrlListView_InsertItem with the $iIndex parameter set to 0. :graduated:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GuiListView.au3>

$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 400, 250)

$hListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("Items", 2, 2, 220, 196)
_GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($hListView, 0, $LVSCW_AUTOSIZE_USEHEADER)
GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Item 1", $hListView)
GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Item 2", $hListView)
GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Item 3", $hListView)

_GUICtrlListView_InsertItem($hListView, "New Item", 0) ; <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

GUISetState()

While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            ExitLoop
    EndSwitch
WEnd

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

coolboy2295

Thanks Melba23, but can we do it with other way. I not prefer using _guictrllistview.

Melba23

coolboy2295,

Use an array to store the data and insert the new item at the top. Then clear the ListView and repopulate it each time you add a new item. ;)

I not prefer using _guictrllistview

Any particular reason? :graduated:

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

coolboy2295

Thanks. Can you help me to change ltem width in guictrlcreateview not _guictrllistview.

BrewManNH

You can use _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth to set the width to what you want. If you prefer to not use the GuiListView.au3 UDF (not sure why though), you can do it this way:

GUICtrlSendMsg($hWnd, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, $iCol, $iWidth)

Where $hWnd is the controlID of the listview, $iCol is the column you want to change, and $iWidth is the width you want the column to be in pixels. Use -1 for $iWidth to autosize the column width to the longest item in that column or you can use -2 to resize the column width to match the header text.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

alfa

Use an array to store the data and insert the new item at the top. Then clear the ListView and repopulate it each time you add a new item. :graduated:

I am trying to do this exactly.

_GUICtrlListView_AddArray ($hListView, $val)

i get this error message

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\GuiListView.au3 (520) : ==> Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.:
DllStructSetData($tBuffer, "Text", $aItems[$iI][0])
DllStructSetData($tBuffer, "Text", ^ ERROR

What am i doing wrong ?

alfa

wow great way of helping ppl... grats

Melba23

alfa,

Why are you hijacking this thread in the first place? The OP dealt with colouring items in a ListView and you are asking about _GUICtrlListView_AddArray - nothing to do with the original subject. :graduated:

Zedna's answer is absolutely correct - how many dimensions are there in the array you are trying to use? If the answer is not 2 and it is not formatted as explained in the Help file then it is hardly surprising that it does not work. If it is a suitably formatted array then post your code so we can try to debug it.

You appear not to have done the first of those things as you have a simple error which suggests that you do not have a 2D array. And you have not done the second as I see no code in your post. How can we help you if we do not know what you have done? ;)

If you do not respect the rules of the forum you are likely to get short shrift - as has just been demonstrated. So over to you - either use an array of the correct format or post your script so we can debug. :)

M23

Spoiler

alfa

I wasnt trying to hijack anyones thread , i just saw that one of the answers was really similar to mine and didnt want to go for a new post. I will make a new post than.

Melba23

alfa,

I will make a new post

Good idea. But read what I posted above and give us more to go on than a simple error message or you are likely to get a similar response! :graduated:

M23

Spoiler