10 posts in this topic
I've scripted AutoIT to scrape a web forum I'm part of using the IE.au3 #include. The script works great if I'm logged in, but doesn't work as a service. Anyone have any ideas on how I might achieve that or will I have to have the computer logged in at all times?
Hello Again Legends of AutoIT
I am immensely grateful for the help I was given in creating my first script which works (almost) perfectly when logged on to a PC with admin rights.
The problem is that I need to silently install the application on to 50 PCs that do not have admin rights. We have a homemade distribution tool but basically a log on script runs, checks if your in an AD group and if you are it installs the application. The problem I have is that the user that installs the application is actually a service run as a user and this means that there is no UI.
My script doesn't seem to run correctly or at least the application is not installed and I don't know enough about AutoIT basics (yet) to know whether it can be used in this context.
I'm more than happy to give more information or share my script if this is not enough information to go on.
Thanks in advance
Excuse me, I did not understand how in the function of Main I can include hundreds of functions of my executable code ?? How to implement this?
If I create a service to run a program , Application window cannot Appear - How can I make the App window visible
I'm unable to display a message box from a compiled AutoIt alerting script that is executed from a service (also a compiled AutoIt script). I used $MB_SERVICE_NOTIFICATION, but the dialog doesn't appear and the alerting script continues as if the OK button had been clicked. The service script uses ShellExecute() to launch the alerter (as opposed to a *Wait() call) so it can continue processing. Note that we used Windows Service Wrapper (winsw) to turn the compiled script into a service but haven't identified any issues from it.
I tried the one-line execute example given in this thread: Message box timeout not working
; 2097152 = $MB_SERVICE_NOTIFICATION $iPID = Run(@AutoItExe & ' /AutoIt3ExecuteLine "MsgBox(2097152, ''' & $sTitle & ''', ''' & $sText & ''')"') without the timeout code, but no luck: the MsgBox does not appear. (In any case, we don't have AutoIt installed on the target system, so it would have to be converted into a .exe file.)
We're developing and unit-testing on Win 7 Enterprise; the target OS is Win 7 Pro, and the AutoIt version is 220.127.116.11.
Any solutions or suggestions will be much appreciated. Code fragments are below.
The following code fragment is the relevant portion of the alerting script that displays the MsgBox:
[...] ; Alert the operator that there's a problem with the recording $sFeed = $aRecInfo $sSession = $aRecInfo $sTemp = $aRecInfo $sDate = _FormatDate($sTemp) $sTemp = $aRecInfo $sTime = _FormatTime($sTemp) _Debug2("Inactive recording feed " & $sFeed & ", Session=" & $sSession & ", Start Date/Time=" & _ $sDate & " " & $sTime) $sErrorMsg = "ERROR: Feed " & $sFeed & " for session " & $sSession & " stopped, notify reporter immediately" $iMbFlag = $MB_SERVICE_NOTIFICATION _Debug1("Displaying MsgBox...") MsgBox($iMbFlag, "INTERVIEW RECORDING ERROR", $sErrorMsg) _Debug1("Returned from MsgBox") [...]
And the calling code fragment in the service is:
; Walk through the array backwards so we don't end up evaluating an index that doesn't exist For $iIndex = UBound($aFeedArray)-1 To 0 Step -1 [...] ; Before timing-out the feed, check for a .mpgpart file (=> feed may still be recording) $sDirPath = $sDirTemp & "\" & $sFeedTemp & "\" & $aFeedArray[$iIndex][$cSessionName] $sMpgPartName = GetMpgPart($sDirPath, $sFeedTemp) If StringLen($sMpgPartName) > 0 Then ; If .mpgpart file name hasn't changed in more than $iDeadFeedTime seconds, then declare feed dead ; ========v Test code to force error v======== $sMpgPartName = $aFeedArray[$iIndex][$cMpgPartName] ; ========^ Test code to force error ^======== _Debug2("Just set $sMpgPartName to '" & $sMpgPartName & "', should fall into dead-feed code") If $sMpgPartName = $aFeedArray[$iIndex][$cMpgPartName] Then ; Name is same => feed is dead: alert the operator and delete the feed w/out stop-processing _Debug2("Feed " & $sFeedTemp & " looks dead -- alerting the operator") _Debug2("Delete GUID " & $aFeedArray[$iIndex][$cGUID]) ; ======== Alert app execution ======== ; $sAlertApp = @ScriptDir & "\" & "RecAlert.exe" $iChildPid = ShellExecute($sAlertApp, $sDirPath, "", "open") _Debug2("Alert app: ShellExecute(): " & _RetStr($iChildPid, @error, @extended)) _ArrayDelete($aFeedArray, $iIndex) Else ; Otherwise, the .mpgpart name has changed, reset the timer, store the name, and continue _Debug2("Feed " & $sFeedTemp & " timeout, but has new .mpgpart file -- continuing") $aFeedArray[$iIndex][$cDateTime] = TimerInit() $aFeedArray[$iIndex][$cMpgPartName] = $sMpgPartName EndIf ContinueLoop EndIf [...] Next