Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mucho

WinGetTitle gives different results after compilation.

9 posts in this topic

If I run the following code in SciTE, I get the first seven characters of the title. But if I run its executable, I got a "0" in the msgbox. What am I missing?

Opt("WinWaitDelay",100)

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode",2)

Opt("WinDetectHiddenText",1)

Opt("MouseCoordMode",1)

Opt("TrayIconHide", 0)

Opt("TrayIconDebug", 1)

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

#Include <GuiEdit.au3>

#include <Date.au3>

#include <File.au3>

#include <Array.au3>

#include <Misc.au3>

Dim $hWinActive, $WinTitle

$hWinActive = WinGetHandle("[ACTIVE]")

$WinTitle = StringLeft(WinGetTitle($hWinActive),7)

MsgBox(4096, "", $WinTitle)

Mucho,

It works for me - both in SciTE and compiled. However, I did put in a short delay so I could activate different windows to test.

When you run from SciTE the active window is obvious. Are you sure the active window is the one you think should be active when you run the executable? :D

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

M23,

Absolutely. I tested it with only one program running. When I had only Firefox running, I got the same result like the attachment.(I have a problem attaching the jpeg file. Will upload again.)

I need to get the title of the active window so that I can write a script to act on it.

Edited by Mucho

Mucho,

How are you running the compiled exe file? If you run it from Explorer (or something similar) that might make the wrong window active.

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

M23,

I running the compiled exe file from the taskbar but I got the same blank result from the quick launch. How do I focus on the last window before I click on the exe icon?

m23,

I could get the following code to work for me, but with imperfection. It cycles through all minimized windows and I need to add an "EXIT" to prevent it from executing more than one. Please help to clean up for me or help me with a better alternative.

$ChartList = WinList ("", "Processing data")
For $Chart = 1 to UBound ($ChartList) - 2
   $Winstate = WinGetState($ChartList[$Chart][1], "")
   If BitAnd($Winstate, 16) Then
   Else
   Endif
   Exit
Next

I ran this through SciTE and compiled and its working fine for me as well

Mucho,

Why not go for simplicity and add a short Sleep to your original script as I suggested earlier? :D

Then you can start your exe, reactivate the correct window by clicking on it while the script is Sleeping, and then when it awakes again it will correctly detect the active window and get to work. :oops:

M23

Spoiler

Mucho, Why not go for simplicity and add a short Sleep to your original script as I suggested earlier? M23

Got it.