Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
coffeeturtle

Replacing System Tray Clock

5 posts in this topic

Basically, I would like to replace the Windows System Tray Clock with my own having more useful functionality.

An example of this in C++ is here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/abhinaba/archive/2005/09/12/464150.aspx

But it doesn't seem AutoIT has similar commands in it's systemtray functions.

I have no idea how to start coding this, but any useful direction would be greatly appreciated.

(I hope I have the right thread this time). :D

Thank you.

I have no idea how to start coding this, but any useful direction would be greatly appreciated.

Since you posted in "Developer Chat" forum, which is for C++ geeks to talk, you can write it in C++.

Except the example you posted clearly says that it is for C#.

So umm.. "No".

Sorry about that. My mistake.

thanks.

Can't see anything about replacing the Tray clock in the example you refer to, it's just about animated icons in the tray. This can be done with

Can't see anything about replacing the Tray clock in the example you refer to, it's just about animated icons in the tray. This can be done with

Thank you. I have seen this UDF in my searches. You are right about the animation feature referenced in the article. I guess I was focusing on creating text within a system tray icon. The text I would use is a live and current digital clock face.

Maybe I should revisit animate udf. Thank you again for your reply, KaFu.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hi guys
      I have an inquiry please
      I want an example of how to add an icon file to the compiled autoit file and how to use it in GUICtrlCreateIcon
      Preferably in a separate list within the resourceFor example myIcons
      I hope my request is clear and I hope you will help me solve this problem
      Because I found an example in the help files but I did not understand the method well
    • golfinhu
      By golfinhu
      Hi, ppl.

I am developing a GUI with a fix sidebar, based on the style of windows 10 ... I have 3 problems at the moment.
      1 - How do I put the close and minimize buttons on my window? (I want my window not to have the top bar). I tried to draw with gdi plus but I could not.
      2 - My watch flashes when the time is updated. I tried to do with _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawString but the strings get overlapped.
      3 - I can not leave my transparent buttons to put them in the sidebar (as in this photo below)

If anyone can help me I would appreciate it very much.
      thanks a lot

GUI.au3
    • amimemeami
      By amimemeami
      I have a simple script that switches between IE and Chrome for the default browser, I even made a custom half chrome half ie icon for it. Question is, can I have the script toggle between two icons to signify the last browser it changed to? I would have the active browser's half of the icon in color, and inactive half grey scale. As a workaround, I put link next to it, and refresh the icon cache after it runs. 
      #RequireAdmin #Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=..\..\Icons\IE_Chrome.ico #AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile=..\..\..\..\Users\dmking\Desktop\Browser Switcher.exe #EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** $sCurrentDefault = RegRead('HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Associations\UrlAssociations\http\UserChoice',"ProgId") if $sCurrentDefault = "IE.HTTP" Then     ChromeDefault() Else     IEDefault() EndIf ;~ Run("ie4uinit.exe -ClearIconCache") Run("C:\Windows\System32\ie4uinit.exe -ClearIconCache") Func IEDefault()     RegWrite("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Associations\UrlAssociations\ftp\UserChoice","Progid","REG_SZ","IE.FTP")     RegWrite("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Associations\UrlAssociations\http\UserChoice","Progid","REG_SZ","IE.HTTP")     RegWrite("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Associations\UrlAssociations\https\UserChoice","Progid","REG_SZ","IE.HTTPS")     RegWrite("HKCU\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet","","REG_SZ","IEXPLORE.EXE") EndFunc Func ChromeDefault()     RegWrite("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Associations\UrlAssociations\ftp\UserChoice","Progid","REG_SZ","ChromeHTML")     RegWrite("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Associations\UrlAssociations\http\UserChoice","Progid","REG_SZ","ChromeHTML")     RegWrite("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Associations\UrlAssociations\https\UserChoice","Progid","REG_SZ","ChromeHTML")     RegWrite("HKCU\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet","","REG_SZ","Google Chrome") EndFunc  
    • Masum
      By Masum
      Hi all,
      Can the default Koda icon for forms be changed? If so, how?
      Thanks
    • Queener
      By Queener
      This is the info of the interface:
      Window
      Title:    Password Safe
      Class:    #32770
      Control
      Class:    ToolbarWindow32
      Instance:    2
      ClassnameNN:    ToolbarWindow322
      Name:    
      Advanced (Class):    [CLASS:ToolbarWindow32; INSTANCE:2]
       ToolsBar
      1:    32003    Make New Database
      2:    32002    Open Another Database
      3:    32004    Close Database
      4:    32005    Save Database
      5:    0    
      6:    32066    Copy Password to Clipboard
      7:    32068    Copy Username to Clipboard
      8:    32069    Copy Notes to Clipboard
      9:    32065    Clear the clipboard contents
      10:    0    

I wanted to click on 1:    32003    Make New Database. But unfortunately, I'm unable to click on that. Any help is much appreciated. Below are the code I tried:

$Title = "Password Safe" $Class = "[CLASS:ToolbarWindow32; INSTANCE:2]" WinWaitActive($Title) Sleep(500) Dim $hWnd = WinGetHandle($Title,"") Dim $hToolBar = ControlGetHandle($hWnd, '', $Class) ConsoleWrite($hWnd & @TAB & $hToolBar & @LF) _GUICtrlToolbar_ClickIndex($hToolBar, 32003)