Sign in to follow this  
chrshea

ie.au3 - IE9 Still a Problem

chrshea

I added to a thread about these IE9 problems in the Developer Chat forum but I haven't had any replies so I am posting it here since this seems to be the more official way to get help.

Problems with using the Internet Explorer UDF (ie.au3) with IE9 have been posted elsewhere but in essence, some functions like clicking on a button weren't / aren't working under IE9. I am running under Win7 64 bit and I have broken scripts that won't run because of this. I tried compatibility mode (and a couple of functions that were posted to switch to other modes); I tried using the latest ie.au3 version; and, I tried compiling with the latest Beta but the results are the same each time. I tried sample code from the previous threads that demonstrate clicking on a button working when using COM functions directly (under compatibility mode) and not working when using ie.au3.

My impression from what I can find on the forums is that this is considered to be a solved problem. There are some changes in the UDF that seem to be focused on dealing with this and there is a closed ticket that seems to address these issues. None-the-less, I am still having the same problem. Am I missing something obvious, is this actually not solved (yet) or is it possibly a different variation of the same issue?

Help would be appreciated. I have some scripts using this UDF that I can't support at the present because of this.

Edited by chrshea

Exit

I added to a thread about these IE9 problems in the Developer Chat forum but I haven't had any replies so I am posting it here since this seems to be the more official way to get help.

Problems with using the Internet

Describe the problem or provide a link.

Edit: Post a sample reproducer of your code.

Edited by forumer100

My UDFs, Abbrevs and Snippets
If you like my post, just click the like button :) 

chrshea

Here is the sample code from previous threads on this topic:

1. This one doesn't use ie.au3 and it works under compatibility mode (but not if I turn it off):

$oIE = ObjCreate("InternetExplorer.Application")
$oIE.visible = 1
$oIE.navigate2("http://wdextras.womansday.com/contests_texas.html")
Sleep(5000)
$oB = $oIE.document.getElementsByName("submit").Item(0)
$oEvt = ObjEvent($oB, "Evt_")
ConsoleWrite($oB.outerhtml & @CRLF)
Func Evt_($s)
    ConsoleWrite($s & @CRLF)
EndFunc

2. This one uses ie.au3 and it doesn't work in either mode:

; TEST2
; This test uses IE.au3
; FROM: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/126670-ie9-automation-problems/page__st__60

; This is supposed to work in compatability mode
; (but it doesn't)

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IEAttach("http://wdextras.womansday.com/contests_texas.html", "url")

$oB = $oIE.document.getElementsByName("submit").Item(0)
$oEvt = ObjEvent($oB, "Evt_")

ConsoleWrite($oB.outerhtml & @CRLF)
$oB.click

Func Evt_($s)
    ConsoleWrite($s & @CRLF)
EndFunc

Melba23

chrshea,

The URL http://wdextras.womansday.com/contests_texas.html leads to a login page for a competition. Please read the Forum Rules - particluarly this part:

"Do not discuss any of the following:

[...]

SPAM tools including instant messenger or forum auto-posters. This includes forum or site auto-login methods"

Please do not post seeking help with such things again. :oops:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• careca
      By careca
      Hi, i feel im close to getting it to work, but there must be something im missing that's probably easy for you experts.
      #include <IE.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> $Visible = 1 Local $oIE $oIE = _IECreate("https://beemp3s.net/mp3-download.html", 0, $Visible, 1, 1) _IELoadWait($oIE) If $oIE <> @error Then ;_ArrayText() _QuerySite('Finding Hope - Without You') ;_IEQuit($oIE) ;Exit Else MsgBox(64 + 262144, 'Fail', 'Could not create a new window') EndIf ;============================================================================= Func _QuerySite($Name) Local $oIE_ObjectToSearch = _IEGetObjById($oIE, 'query') _IEDocInsertText($oIE_ObjectToSearch, $Name) Local $oIE_ObjectToClick = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "search-action") _IEAction($oIE_ObjectToClick, 'click') _IELoadWait($oIE, 2000) ;============================================================================= Local $oSubmitClick = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "col-md-12") _IEAction($oSubmitClick, "click") _IELoadWait($oIE, 2000) ;============================================================================= Local $oBtns = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "div") For $oBtn In $oBtns If String($oBtn.classname) = "col-md-12" Then If String($oBtn.innertext) = "Download / Play" Then ConsoleWrite($oBtn.innertext & @CRLF) _IEAction($oBtn, 'click') EndIf EndIf Next ;============================================================================= ;Local $oElements = _IETagNameAllGetCollection($oIE) ;For $oElement In $oElements ; If $oElement.id Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Element Info", "Tagname: " & $oElement.tagname & @CRLF & "id: " & $oElement.id & @CRLF & "innerText: " & $oElement.innerText) ;Next ;============================================================================= ;_IEQuit($oIE) ;Exit ;============================================================================= EndFunc ;==>_QuerySite ;============================================================================= Func _ArrayText() If FileExists('Titles.txt') Then Local $FO = FileOpen('Titles.txt') Local $R2A = FileReadToArray($FO) Local $iLineCount = @extended FileClose($FO) For $f = 0 To $iLineCount - 1 ConsoleWrite($f & ' - ' & $R2A[$f] & @CRLF) _QuerySite($R2A[$f]) Next Else MsgBox(64 + 262144, 'Fail', 'Could not find the file Titles.txt') EndIf EndFunc ;==>_ArrayText ;============================================================================= The idea is to get into this site, write into the search and click, which i did, but now the problem is clicking in any of the buttons in the results page, im looking for a way to click the first one, it always matches to what i want, so no need to fiddle around.
      Site
      Thanks for help in advance.

• Seminko
      By Seminko
      Wrote a script that grabs all of the IP addresses from Netflix's IP log, checks the IPs and returns suspicious activity.
      Everything works as it should but only when _IECreate is set to visible. When visible is set to false, it fails to login for some reason.
      Any ideas what might cause it and/or how to circumvent that?
    • nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      I need to send a string of text to this popup and click on the ok button to save it.
      Here is the code I have so far:
      ;Start IE Sleep(7000) $oIE = _IECreate("http://www.google.com") Sleep(500) _IELoadWait($oIE) $hIE = _IEPropertyGet($oIE, "hwnd") ; Get Handle of the IE window Sleep(500) WinSetState($hIE, "", @SW_MAXIMIZE) ;Wait for a browser page load to complete Sleep(3000) _IENavigate($oIE, "https://properURL.com") Sleep(8000) _IELoadWait($oIE) ;Attach to a browser control embedded in another window $oIE = _IEAttach("https://"properURL.com", url") ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $oIE = ' & $oIE & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & ' Extended code: 0x' & Hex(@extended) & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console Sleep(2000) ;Get the title of the webpage ;Local $wTitle = _IEPropertyGet($oIE, "title") ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Webpage title:", $wTitle) ;Clicks the new button Sleep(3000) _IEAction($nWorkOrderB, "focus") _IEAction($nWorkOrderB, "click") Sleep(5000) ;Store the Element names where the important data will be sent ;Store the long description button Local $wLongDButton = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "m65d795a4-img") ;Store the long Description field id Local $wComments = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "ma6499a9c-rte_iframe") ;Store the ok button id that is in the long description Local $wCommOk = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "m74031266-pb") ;******************************************************************************* ; Send the stored data to the proper field ;******************************************************************************* ;Click the long description button Sleep(300) _IEAction($wLongDButton, "focus") _IEAction($wLongDButton, "click") Sleep(300) ;Sends the Comments Sleep(500) _IEAction($wComments, "focus") _IEAction($wComments, "click") Sleep(500) _IEFormElementSetValue($wComments, "hello darkness my old friend") ;Click the ok button Sleep(500) _IEAction($wCommOk, "focus") _IEAction($wCommOk, "click") Sleep(500)  
      Here is the popup:

• hemichallenger
      By hemichallenger
      Hello,
      If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. The code is just an example and similar to the issue with an internal webpage. I'm trying to autofill than click the submit button. I get the same error running the script.
      _IEFormElementSetValue, $_IESTATUS_InvalidObjectType
      IEGetObjById, $_IESTATUS_NoMatch
      Is it possible to edit the <textarea></textarea>  field with AutoIt?  If anyone could assist me on how. Than I could have a better understanding and chance in figuring it out on my main script. Thank you
      #include <IE.au3> Local $oIE1 = _IECreate ("https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_textarea") _IELoadWait($oIE1) local $oFormCollection = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE1,0) local $oid = _IEGetObjByid($oFormCollection, "iframeResult") _IEFormElementSetValue($oid, "test") sleep (2000) Local $oIE2 = _IECreate ("https://www.w3schools.com/html/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_scripts_intro") _IELoadWait($oIE2) $oForm2 = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE2,0) $oClickMe = _IEGetObjById($oForm2, "demo") _IEAction($oClickMe, "focus") _IEAction($oClickMe, "click")
    • yoschga
      By yoschga
      is there a possibility to let ie.au3 click into a form? i use on a project where i need to click into a form where items are loaded just writing it in or fill the form is no option