Sign in to follow this  
chrshea

ie.au3 - IE9 Still a Problem

chrshea

I added to a thread about these IE9 problems in the Developer Chat forum but I haven't had any replies so I am posting it here since this seems to be the more official way to get help.

Problems with using the Internet Explorer UDF (ie.au3) with IE9 have been posted elsewhere but in essence, some functions like clicking on a button weren't / aren't working under IE9. I am running under Win7 64 bit and I have broken scripts that won't run because of this. I tried compatibility mode (and a couple of functions that were posted to switch to other modes); I tried using the latest ie.au3 version; and, I tried compiling with the latest Beta but the results are the same each time. I tried sample code from the previous threads that demonstrate clicking on a button working when using COM functions directly (under compatibility mode) and not working when using ie.au3.

My impression from what I can find on the forums is that this is considered to be a solved problem. There are some changes in the UDF that seem to be focused on dealing with this and there is a closed ticket that seems to address these issues. None-the-less, I am still having the same problem. Am I missing something obvious, is this actually not solved (yet) or is it possibly a different variation of the same issue?

Help would be appreciated. I have some scripts using this UDF that I can't support at the present because of this.

Edited by chrshea

Exit

I added to a thread about these IE9 problems in the Developer Chat forum but I haven't had any replies so I am posting it here since this seems to be the more official way to get help.

Problems with using the Internet

Describe the problem or provide a link.

Edit: Post a sample reproducer of your code.

Edited by forumer100

My UDFs, Abbrevs and Snippets
If you like my post, just click the like button :) 

chrshea

Here is the sample code from previous threads on this topic:

1. This one doesn't use ie.au3 and it works under compatibility mode (but not if I turn it off):

$oIE = ObjCreate("InternetExplorer.Application")
$oIE.visible = 1
$oIE.navigate2("http://wdextras.womansday.com/contests_texas.html")
Sleep(5000)
$oB = $oIE.document.getElementsByName("submit").Item(0)
$oEvt = ObjEvent($oB, "Evt_")
ConsoleWrite($oB.outerhtml & @CRLF)
Func Evt_($s)
    ConsoleWrite($s & @CRLF)
EndFunc

2. This one uses ie.au3 and it doesn't work in either mode:

; TEST2
; This test uses IE.au3
; FROM: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/126670-ie9-automation-problems/page__st__60

; This is supposed to work in compatability mode
; (but it doesn't)

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IEAttach("http://wdextras.womansday.com/contests_texas.html", "url")

$oB = $oIE.document.getElementsByName("submit").Item(0)
$oEvt = ObjEvent($oB, "Evt_")

ConsoleWrite($oB.outerhtml & @CRLF)
$oB.click

Func Evt_($s)
    ConsoleWrite($s & @CRLF)
EndFunc

Melba23

chrshea,

The URL http://wdextras.womansday.com/contests_texas.html leads to a login page for a competition. Please read the Forum Rules - particluarly this part:

"Do not discuss any of the following:

[...]

SPAM tools including instant messenger or forum auto-posters. This includes forum or site auto-login methods"

Please do not post seeking help with such things again. :oops:

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• SkysLastChance
      By SkysLastChance
      I am having a hard time understanding why this is not working. I was hoping some one could help explain it to me. 
      $tags = $oIE.document.GetElementsByTagName("input") For $tag in $tags $class_value = $tag.GetAttribute("class") If string($class_value) = "fTs-p3298-l0 wplEditControl" Then $target = $tag ExitLoop EndIF Next MsgBox(0,"",$target) If $target = "fTs-p3298-l0 wplEditControl" THEN MsgBox(0,"","itworked") I have tried 
       MsgBox(0,"",$target.Attribute)  MsgBox(0,"",$target.Value)  MsgBox(0,"",$target.InnerText) I would expect to see this in the msgbox
      fTs-p3298-l0 wplEditControl  
    • SkysLastChance
      By SkysLastChance
      I am trying to grab the id "in2xk_26" however it the characters before the underscore always change. (in the name too)
      Is there a way I can find a id or name by the last 3 charcters?
      Using something like "stringright?"
      So I would want to search for just "_26" in this case.
      This is assuming that there are no other _26

#include <Excel.au3> #include <IE.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> Global $iMousespeed = 25,$target = "",$TagName = "",$Value = "",$Atrribute = "" $oIE = _IEAttach("MEDITECH") $TagName = "input" $Value = "in2xk_26" $Attribute = "id" $tags = $oIE.document.GetElementsByTagName($TagName) ;TagName ------ MAKE SURE TO NAME THESE For $tag in $tags $class_value = $tag.GetAttribute($Attribute) ;Attribute ------ MAKE SURE TO NAME THESE If string($class_value) = $Value Then ;Value ------ MAKE SURE TO NAME THESE $target = $tag $iScreenX = _IEPropertyGet($target, "screenx") $iScreenY = _IEPropertyGet($target, "screeny") $iWidth = _IEPropertyGet($target, "width") $iHeight = _IEPropertyGet($target, "height") $oMouseCords = MouseMove($iScreenX + $iWidth / 2, $iScreenY + $iHeight / 2, $iMousespeed) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT) ExitLoop EndIf Next  

• SkysLastChance
      By SkysLastChance
      I was wondering how I read data inside of a iframe. I would like to be able to click something inside a iframe. However, I can't even find the tag. 
      The id and name change all the time so I can't use those. 
      The code highlighted in blue is what I am trying to click. (second picture)
      Here is what I have tried.
      $target = "" $tags = $oIE.document.GetElementsByTagName("div") For $tag in $tags $class_value = $tag.GetAttribute("class") If string($class_value) = "s_92 altstyle s_93 s_94" Then $target = $tag ConsoleWrite("Tag Found " & $target.outerText&@CRLF) ExitLoop EndIf Next  

• MakzNovice
      By MakzNovice
      Hello Experts,
      I am working on modifying table data of a browser currently in IE (soon in FF)
      My sequence of operations:
      1. Activate Browser
      2. Get Browser table
      3. Modify data  in table
      4. Suppress any warning/error message from webpage
      5. Activate the Webpage again 
      6. Send {F11} key sequence twice to achieve some update without Updating form ( {F5})

My problem is at Step 5, as it activates the wrong window ( last used application rather than my browser window)
      My code snippet for it as follows
      $bFoundWindow = False Local $aList = WinList("[REGEXPTITLE:(?i)(.*Internet Explorer.*)]") Local $hWND = 0 For $i = 1 To $aList[0][0] If False = $bFoundWindow And $aList[$i][0] <> "" And BitAND(WinGetState($aList[$i][1]), 1) Then WinActivate($aList[$i][1]) ; 1. Activate Browser window WinSetState ( $aList[$i][1], "", @SW_MAXIMIZE) $hWND = $aList[$i][1] $objEditIE = _IEAttach ($aList[$i][1], "hwnd") $oTitles = _IETagNameGetCollection($objEditIE, "TITLE") For $oTitle In $oTitles $sTitle = $oTitle.innerText If $sTitle = $searchString Then MsgBox(0,"APPLICATION Found", "Got Edit List Window", 1) $bFoundWindow = True ExitLoop EndIf Next EndIf Next If False = $bFoundWindow Then MsgBox(0,"Error","Please launch Edit window for updating values in Browser prior to script execution",10) Exit EndIf ; MY CODE HERE TO MODIFY TABLE ; 2. Get Browser table ; 3. Modify data  in table ; Check if message from webpage pop-up window exists if so click ok on it Local $nCounter = 0 Local $nMaxCounter = 5 while 1 If WinExists("Message from webpage","") Then ControlClick("Message from webpage","","Button1","primary",1) ;4. Suppress any warning/error message from webpage Else $nCounter = $nCounter + 1 Sleep(100) ;MsgBox(0,"Counter", $nCounter, 1) If $nCounter = $nMaxCounter Then ExitLoop EndIf WEnd ;5. Activate the Webpage again  WinActivate($hWND) ; have already tried WinActivate($aList[$i][1]) but no success ;6. Send {F11} key sequence twice to achieve some update without Updating form ( {F5}) Send("{F11}") WinActivate($hWND) ;WinActivate($aList[$i][1]) Sleep(100) Send("{F11}") Any support will be highly appreciated
    • MakzNovice
      By MakzNovice
      Hello Experts,
      I am working on custom application details of which I am unable to share.
      But here is statement of my problem, I have two IE windows one window with Title "Parent " and other with "TableEdit", but for some reason when I get WinList they are shown as 2 processes each. ( see attached image)
      Since my most important motive is to modify table data in 'TableEdit' I try to access the table in it
      My code snippet is 
      ***********************************************************************************************
      $searchString = "TableEdit"
      Local $aList = WinList("[REGEXPTITLE:(?i)(.*Internet Explorer.*)]")
      _ArrayDisplay($aList)
      For $i = 1 To $aList[0][0]
          If $aList[$i][0] <> "" And BitAND(WinGetState($aList[$i][1]), 2) Then
              ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Title: " & $aList[$i][0] & @CRLF & "Handle: " & $aList[$i][1])
              If 0 <> StringInStr($aList[$i][0],"TableEdit") Then
                  $objEditIE = _IEAttach ($aList[$i][1])
                  ExitLoop
              EndIf
          EndIf
      Next
      WinActivate($objEditIE)
      $oPageContentListFrame = _IEFrameGetObjByName($objEditIE, "iframe_1")
      $iNumFrames = @extended
      MsgBox(0,"Got pagecontent",@error) ; returns 3, indicating invalid data type
      MsgBox(0,"Number of Frame",$iNumFrames) ; returns 1, expected value is 1 
      ***********************************************************************************************
      and If I do code as below the return value is different
      $searchString = "TableEdit"
       $objEditIE = _IEAttach ($searchString, "title")
      WinActivate($objEditIE)
      $oPageContentListFrame = _IEFrameGetObjByName($objEditIE, "iframe_1")
      $iNumFrames = @extended
      MsgBox(0,"Got pagecontent",@error) ; returns 0
      MsgBox(0,"Number of Frame",$iNumFrames) ; returns 0. expected value is 1
      What is wrong with my code? 
      Why do I see two process each for IE for each window?

WinListImage.bmp