Sign in to follow this  
matwachich

Where is SQLite???

matwachich

Hi all.

Why is the new 3.3.8.0 Au3 version doesn't embarque the SQLite dll and offline doc???

And, more important, where can i find them??? (both)

Thanks!

Edited by matwachich

VixinG

Databases and web connections

• FTP - A FTP library is now included with the AutoIt libraries.
  • SQLite - "SQLite is a library that implements a self-contained, embeddable, zero-configuration SQL database engine"
  • XML DOM Wrapper - Supports CRUD operations on XML. Including XSL and XPath.
  • MySQL - MySQL relational database management system UDF.

~Found on http://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/UDF

Edited by VixinG

[indent=3][/indent]

jchd

Mat, forget the link to the old post about SQLite, it's obsolete.

Download latest DLL(s) from the repository and use either sqlite3.dll or sqlite3_x64.dll

New versions of AutoIt don't carry both DLLs anymore, due to space they eat and relative little use.

Edited by jchd

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

matwachich

Thanks jchd, after reformating my computer, i lost the link to that repository, and when i tried the one in sqlite.dll.au3, it was 404 not found!

Just another question:

What's the difference between the latest dll in the repo (SQLite3_300701100.dll) that is version 3.7.11, 640ko, and No TCL AND the dll i got from the official SQLite website that is also 3.7.11, but only 567ko???

PS: and for the documentation, that became only 17ko! where can i find an offline version?

THANKS

Edited by matwachich

ProgAndy

What's the difference between the latest dll in the repo (SQLite3_300701100.dll) that is version 3.7.11, 640ko, and No TCL AND the dll i got from the official SQLite website that is also 3.7.11, but only 567ko???

The files you can download on autoitscript.com is compiled by the AutoIt developers and should always work with AutoIt. I don't know whether the official download on SQLite can guarantee that. At least, the x64 version is missing there I think. By the way, the download without a version number is also the most recent version. Edited by ProgAndy

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

jchd

The whole story is available from the SQLite website.

To see what's differing, run the following code after pointing _SQLite_Startup to the DLL you whish informations about.

;~ #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y
#include <SQLite.au3>
;~ #include <SQLite.dll.au3>  ; use only if you don't have /want the sqlite3.dll file by itself
Local $hDB ; DB handle
; use default .dll and allow for Unicode console output
Local $DllPath = _SQLite_Startup(Default, 1)
If @error Then
MsgBox(0, "Fatal", "sqlite3.dll can't be found.")
Exit
EndIf
OnAutoItExitRegister("_SQLite_ShutDown")
ConsoleWrite("Using " & $DllPath & @LF)
; [re]set SafeMode
Global $safemode = 0
_SQLite_SafeMode($safemode)
$hDB = _SQLite_Open()
If @error Then
ConsoleWrite("@error = " & @error & ', @extended = ' & @extended & @LF)
MsgBox(0, "Fatal", "Error opening DB.")
Exit
EndIf
OnAutoItExitRegister("_DbClose")
; get SQLite info
ConsoleWrite("SQLite library version " & _SQLite_LibVersion() & @LF)
ConsoleWrite("Built from source ID " & _Sl3Answer($hDB, "select sqlite_source_id();") & @LF)
ConsoleWrite("Compile options:" & @LF)
Local $data, $rows, $cols, $i
While 1
$i += 1
$data = _Sl3Answer($hDB, "select sqlite_compileoption_get(" & $i & ");")
If Not $data Then ExitLoop
ConsoleWrite(@TAB & $data & @LF)
WEnd
ConsoleWrite("Registered collations" & @LF)
_SQLite_GetTable2d($hDB, "pragma collation_list;", $data, $rows, $cols)
ConsoleWrite(_SQLite_Display2DResult($data))
Func _DbClose()
_SQLite_Close($hDB)
EndFunc   ;==>_DbClose

Func _Sl3Answer($hDB, $sql)
Local $row
Local $rtn = _SQLite_QuerySingleRow($hDB, $sql, $row)
If $rtn = $SQLITE_OK Then
  Return ($row[0])
Else
  Return (SetError(@error, $rtn, ''))
EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>_Sl3Answer

The version from AutoIt repository includes FTS3 and RTree support. Note that FTS3 implies FTS4 (which is better).

Edited by jchd

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

matwachich

Ok!

I think this thread is resolved!

Gonna use the version compiled by autoit devs.

Thanks guys!

PS: what about the doc... :oops: ?

kylomas

matwachich,

SQLite doc can be downloaded from http://www.sqlite.org/sqlite-doc-3071100.zip. Doc for the AutoIT wrappers is in the help file.

kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill