Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
subzerostig

Startup Manager - Manage programs that run on startup

6 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Startup Manager allows you to customise the programs that run on startup and supports all of the different methods that programs can run on startup. If you want to run your own program on startup, or remove unnessecary ones, then this program will make your life easier.

Features:

Supports Registry and startup folder.

Shows and allows you to modify whether it affects all user accounts or just yours and if it will run all the time, or just once.

Allows you to add your own applications to the startup folder.

Startup Manager.au3

Guinesses UDF for

I hope you like it :oops:

Updates:

Added guidisable into the script for standard UDF compatibility.

Edited by subzerostig

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary, and those that do not

I tried to test it...

However, the UDF "guidisable.au3" is not a standard UDF so most (like me) won't have it.

You should either include the file or instructions where to find it.

John Morrison

I have put the function inside the script, so it should work with the standard UDF library.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary, and those that do not

Nope you have no function there is a couple of mentions to it thats all.

Id suggest you have a look yourself

Was it guinness _GUIDisable() you used?

If so you need to give credit for it if you used his work

Now being as i renamed his one to match your guidusable() name and it worked makes me suspect this might be the case.

Yes I used guinnesses UDF for guidisable. I took the function out of the UDF and into the script so the UDF wouldn't have to be downloaded. I have reverted it back and added a link in the description.

You should filter startup folder Items : desktop.ini is not a program who run on startup ! :oops:

Take a look at of ripdad for a full list of Startup entries.

AutoIt 3.3.14.2 X86 - SciTE 3.6.0WIN 8.1 X64 - Other Example Scripts

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hi guys
      I have an inquiry please
      I want an example of how to add an icon file to the compiled autoit file and how to use it in GUICtrlCreateIcon
      Preferably in a separate list within the resourceFor example myIcons
      I hope my request is clear and I hope you will help me solve this problem
      Because I found an example in the help files but I did not understand the method well
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hi dear
      I have a question
      about the display language of the system
      How can I get the current display language and how can I change it by autoit
      Of course, if this is possible
      Greetings to all and hope you help me
    • Simpel
      By Simpel
      Hi,
      I wondered why negative integers I wrote into registry (e.g. negative x-coordinates of a gui if using two monitors and the right one is the main one) wouldn't return right when reading. Now I know: it is saved as an unsigned integer (without algebraic sign). So here is a snippet that is changing unsigned to signed integer:
      Global Const $g_sRegKey = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\" & @ScriptName ; path to registry RegWrite($g_sRegKey, "Value", "REG_DWORD", -2147483647) ; write some negative integer into registry; -2147483647 highest possible negative integer , 2147483648 highest possible positive integer if talking of 32bit Local $sValue = RegRead($g_sRegKey, "Value") ; read out registry ConsoleWrite("Value: " & $sValue & @CRLF) ; show real value in console Local $sResult = _SignedInteger($sValue) ; change to signed value ConsoleWrite("Result: " & $sResult & @CRLF) ; and show it in console Func _SignedInteger($iUnsignedInteger) Local $iSignedInteger If $iUnsignedInteger > (2^31) Then ; then it means a negative integer $iSignedInteger = $iUnsignedInteger - (2^32) Else $iSignedInteger = $iUnsignedInteger EndIf Return $iSignedInteger EndFunc It took me some time to find out the problem and so I hope I can help somebody with this.
      Regards, Conrad
    • Simpel
      By Simpel
      Hi,
      after I recognized that some of my scripts fail if they are at windows startup I researched for a solution. Problem could be fixed if I wait about 120 seconds after login. So how to measure this?
      #include-once #include <AD.au3> #include <Date.au3> ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _SecondsAfterLogin ; Description ...: Returns how many seconds are gone since last login ; Syntax ........: _SecondsAfterLogin() ; Parameters ....: None ; Return values .: Success - Integer of seconds ; Failure - 0, sets @error to 1 ; Author ........: Conrad Zelck ; Modified ......: ; Remarks .......: ; Related .......: ; Link ..........: ; Example .......: Yes ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _SecondsAfterLogin() Local $sDate Local $iSec $sDate = __GetLogonTime() ; UTC If @error Then $sDate = __GetLogonTime_AD() ; local time If @error Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) Else $sDate = __LocalTime($sDate) ; UTC to local time EndIf $iSec = __TimeDifference($sDate) Return $iSec EndFunc #region - INTERNAL_USE_ONLY Func __GetLogonTime($sUserName = @UserName, $sComputerName = @ComputerName) ; Idea by trancexx: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/113611-if-isadmin-not-detected-as-admin/ Local $aRet = DllCall("netapi32.dll", "long", "NetUserGetInfo", "wstr", $sComputerName, "wstr", $sUserName, "dword", 11, "ptr*", 0) If @error Or $aRet[0] Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) Local $sSeconds = DllStructGetData(DllStructCreate("ptr;ptr;ptr;ptr;dword;dword;dword;ptr;ptr;dword;dword;dword;dword;ptr;dword;ptr;dword;dword;byte;dword", $aRet[4]), 10) DllCall("netapi32.dll", "long", "NetApiBufferFree", "ptr", $aRet[4]) Local $sLastLogon = _DateAdd('s', Number($sSeconds), "1970/01/01 00:00:00") Return $sLastLogon EndFunc Func __GetLogonTime_AD() Local $iSuccess = _AD_Open() If $iSuccess = 1 Then Local $sDate = _AD_GetLastLoginDate() $sDate = __NumberDate_StringDate($sDate) _AD_Close() Return $sDate Else Return SetError(1, 0, 0) EndIf EndFunc Func __NumberDate_StringDate($sDate) Local $y, $m, $d, $h, $min, $s $y = StringMid($sDate,1, 4) $m = StringMid($sDate,5, 2) $d = StringMid($sDate,7, 2) $h = StringMid($sDate,9, 2) $min = StringMid($sDate,11, 2) $s = StringMid($sDate,13, 2) $sDate = $y & "/" & $m & "/" & $d & " " & $h & ":" & $min & ":" & $s Return $sDate EndFunc Func __LocalTime($sDate) Local $aTimeZone = _Date_Time_GetTimeZoneInformation() If $aTimeZone[0] <> 2 Then $iTimeZoneOffset = ($aTimeZone[1]) * -1 Else $iTimeZoneOffset = ($aTimeZone[1] + $aTimeZone[7]) * -1 EndIf $iTimeZoneOffset /= 60 ; in hours Local $sHour = StringMid($sDate, 12, 2) $sHour += $iTimeZoneOffset $sDate = StringLeft($sDate, 11) & $sHour & StringRight($sDate, 6) Return $sDate EndFunc Func __TimeDifference($sDate) Local $sNow = _NowCalc() Local $sDiff = _DateDiff("s", $sDate, $sNow) Local $iDiff = Number($sDiff) Return $iDiff EndFunc #endregion - INTERNAL_USE_ONLY I had to look what kind of login it is. Some of my computers are logging in with active directory and other not.
      Here is an example:
      #include <SecondsAfterLogin.au3> Local $iSec = _SecondsAfterLogin() MsgBox(0, '', "Time since last login: " & _HHMMSS($iSec, "s")) Exit Func _HHMMSS($iTime, $sType = "ms") If $sType = "s" Then Local $sHHMMSS = StringFormat("%.2d:%.2d:%.2d", (Floor($iTime / 3600)), (Floor(Mod($iTime,3600) / 60)), (Mod(Mod($iTime,3600),60))) Else Local $sHHMMSS = StringFormat("%.2d:%.2d:%.2d", (Floor($iTime / 3600000)), (Floor(Mod($iTime,3600000) / 60000)), (Mod(Mod($iTime,3600000),60000) / 1000)) EndIf Return $sHHMMSS EndFunc I hope someone find it useful.
      Regards, Conrad
      P.S. Review is welcome.
    • nss
      By nss
      Hi all,

I'm making an app that among other things has the system info feature, where it displays stuff like the system version, build, CPU and ram stats, etc.
      So, I haven't been able to find anywhere a way to access the following things (is there even?):
      Windows version (not like WIN_10, but the version like 1607, or 1511 Windows edition like professional, home, education, etc. information whether the Windows is registered or not (optionally the registrant's name) the type of the currently logged-in user (e.g., administrator) computer manufacturer and model (e.g., dell inc. Inspiron n5110 boot mode (e.g., safe, normal) CPU tempreture I'd appreciate a lot if any of you could help me with any of the things from above; it would mean a lot to me.

Have a great day.