SciTE4AutoIt cannot be downloaded by Winget

I am happy to see that the latest version of AutoIt3 can already be searched, downloaded and installed in the Windows 10+built-in package manager (Winget). Therefore, we can automatically install AutoIt3 itself by writing Powershell scripts, which helps to quickly deploy the working environment of AutoIt3 on new machines.

Now, although AutoIt3 can be found and installed in Winget, its dedicated editor, SciTE4AutoIt, does not support this. I submitted a package request for SciTE4AutoIt to the Winget development team on GitHub and provided a download link. Then its developer replied to me:

autoitscript.com seems to accept downloads only from "real" browsers not from download-tools. I have no idea how to create a manifest for this unless either you find another (trustworthy) download-url or autoitscript.com changes the download policy…

In other words, Winget developers believe that our website prevents Winget from directly downloading the .exe file of SciTE4AutoIt.

In fact, I don't know much about the technical details he said, but I think we can make some changes to make SciTE4AutoIt more accessible.

• Developers

The Web links for both are using the same pl script, so I don't understand the difference unless you use a different link for the AutoIt3 installer?
So which exact link is working and  which isn't?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

4 hours ago, Jos said:

The Web links for both are using the same pl script, so I don't understand the difference unless you use a different link for the AutoIt3 installer?

Jos

AutoIt3 can be downloaded and installed in Winget, but I don't know whether they use a link similar to the one I submitted (that is, a link from autoitscript. com).

The support for installing AutoIt3 in Winget is created by other Winget developers. Maybe the link they use is not from autoitscript.com, or they have the technical ability to "click" our link in the automated robot. I have tried to contact the developers who have submitted the AutoIt3 installation package in Winget for more details.

Thank you for your quick reply. I will let you know if there is any new progress (of course, you can also see the progress in Github issue I gave at the beginning).

21 hours ago, Jos said:

Jos

Available AutoIt3 links that Winget is using

Hello, as you can see from the Github link, Tenlys, the developer who previously added the AutoIt3 installation package to Winget, uses the following link for the AutoIt3 installation package in Winget: https://www.autoitscript.com/files/autoit3/autoit-v3-setup.exe (hereinafter referred to as Winget-Au3 for convenience). The Winget program can normally obtain the installation package of AutoIt3 from this link.

The SciTE4AutoIt3 links obtained from the official website cannot be accessed by Winget. 

The link I submitted to Winget about SciTE4AutoIt3 is https://www.autoitscript.com/cgi-bin/getfile.pl?../autoit3/scite/download/SciTE4AutoIt3.exe (hereinafter referred to as Official-Sci4Au3-Raw for convenience). Official-Sci4Au3-Raw is obtained from the download page of SciTE4AutoIt3 through the mouse shortcut menu "Copy Link". Winget developer Borque pointed out that Official-Sci4Au3-Raw points to https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/download/SciTE4AutoIt3.exe (hereinafter referred to as Official-Sci4Au3-Target for convenience). The current situation is that autoitscript.com prevents the Winget program from automatically obtaining the installer of SciTE4AutoIt3 from Official-Sci4Au3-Raw or Official-Sci4Au3-Target, and returns the information "403 - Forbidden".

Can't guess the available SciTE4AutoIt3 link according to the available Au3 link

Borque tried to imitate the address form of Winget Au3 to write Link 1, Link 2 and Link 3, but these links are invalid (perhaps SciTE4AutoIt3 really has a download link similar to Winget Au3, but we didn't guess the correct one).

Conclusion

Therefore, Winget is unable to access Official-Sci4Au3-Raw and Official-Sci4Au3-Target in its crawler now(Of course, these two links are still valid for users who use browsers to access them, but they cannot be accessed by Winget's automated robots.), nor can it "guess" the SciTE4AutoIt3 download link available like Winget-Au3 according to the existing information. Borque hopes that we can change the security policy of Official-Sci4Au3-Raw or Official-Sci4Au3 Target, so that Winget programs can capture the installation package of SciTE4AutoIt3 for automatic package management, or we can provide other available links about SciTE4AutoIt3 like Winget-Au3.

• Developers

I have checked indeed myself and saw that wingetcreate gives an error in the direct download:

wingetcreate new https://www.autoitscript.com/files/autoit3/scite/download/SciTE4AutoIt3.exe
Downloading and parsing: https://www.autoitscript.com/files/autoit3/scite/download/SciTE4AutoIt3.exe...
Failed to download installer.
HTTP response was unsuccessful. Status code: Forbidden

I need @Jon to provide some inside on the difference....   Hope he checks in soon. 

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)