PSPad4AutoIt3 (editor IDE)

Professor_Bernd

1 minute ago, argumentum said:

..looks good @Professor_Bernd :)

Thanks for your feedback!

The minimum version of AutoIt is set to 3.3.14.0, I thought to avoid problems with even older versions. But it should still work with even older versions. If you want to change it, you can enter your number (or 0.0.0.0) in "...\PSPad4AutoIt3\PSPad4Au3\Au3 scripts\VersionsChecker.lst", entry "BaseDir_AutoIt3|AutoIt3.exe|0.0.0.0|".

If it works or not, any feedback is welcome!  :)

2 hours ago, Professor_Bernd said:

@argumentum @Bilgus

Hello, how are you? Do you want to test a new PSPad4AutoIt3 version? ... I can provide you with a trial version that will not be officially released.

As you only address two users wouldn't a PM be a better way to communicate with this two guys 🤔

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

5 minutes ago, Professor_Bernd said:

to avoid problems with even older versions. But it should still work with even older versions

meh, older versions should not be used as the may have problems that newer versions fixed, so 3.3.14.x should be the starting version.
If you wanna support older stuff then, it will get tricky, for no wide use audience. 

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

@water As argumentum writes, it was meant. Everybody is welcome to test, but I wanted to honor these two users, because they have tested before. Nevertheless thanks for the hint. :)

22 minutes ago, argumentum said:

meh, older versions should not be used as the may have problems that newer versions fixed, so 3.3.14.x should be the starting version.

I was also of this opinion, but did not know if I was right. Thank you very much for this important information. 👍

Edited by Professor_Bernd
Sorry, I had written argumentum with a capital A.

this also applies to all other users. Anyone who is interested in testing this version is welcome to do so.

Ops, seems I missed to read this part of the post. Sorry about that 😞

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I'm quite happy with SciTE, so - at least for the time being - I don't see the need to look for another editor.
But I'm sure you will find a lot of testers for your Editor. Good luck!

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Me, being selfish? 😂 😂😂
I hope this was a joke 🤔

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

1 hour ago, Professor_Bernd said:

I'm not sure, but that sounds a little selfish. Testing my application is not about helping you!

Since we are all volunteers here, no one is obliged to test someone else's application. I respect your enthusiasm for the project, but what people do or consider as important in their spare time, is their own choice.

7 minutes ago, water said:

Me, being selfish? 😂 😂😂 I hope this was a joke 🤔

We both know Bernd and I'm pretty sure that, in the heat of the moment, he only made an very unfavorable choice of words ;).

Musashi-C64.png

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

• Developers

Sounds like a language "issue" as you'll have given a lot to the community.  👍

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I'm pretty sure it was a joke or a language issue :)
Else I would have reacted quite different 🤬

So from my side: Roma locuta, causa finita :D

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Maybe selfish is not the right expression, but what do you call it when it comes to testing your application and someone answers that he doesn't want to test your application because he is satisfied with another one?

For example your "Task Scheduler UDF "@water , which you developed after I gave you the idea. I have invested hours to test your application. I spent a lot of time on it and gave you praise and feedback in the DE as well as the EN forum. And all I get is:

6 hours ago, water said:

I don't see the need to look for another editor.

You don't want to test my application just once, because you are satisfied with another one! So, what do you call that?

• Moderators

Professor_Bernd,

Please drop this now. In my opinion Water was not intending to be rude or selfish and the whole thing is a simple case of keyboard and screen (and possibly language) getting in the way of normal conversation - an all too common occurrence on t'InterWeb.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Developers
5 minutes ago, Professor_Bernd said:

You don't want to test my application just once, because you are satisfied with another one! So, what do you call that?

So there is more to it and you are making this personal...  Not sure what triggered that as there is really nothing wrong with the comments made by Water given you understand the context. So please don't try to turn this into a personal thing.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

On 10/10/2020 at 2:32 PM, Professor_Bernd said:

Sorry, I had written argumentum with a capital A

lol. I don't mind. I don't capitalize/proper case my nick out of humbleness. I very proud of being humble :P
This nick of mine was a form of protest for those that argue a point but don't properly argue so, my nick is a call to reason. Now 15 years later, I'm not the intellectually romantic I used to be. But is an unique identifier of sorts, so, it stays. And the avatar is from an old joke about a virus, where I like the seriousness in the character so I copy it from the joke image.
I get more aggravation out of seen AutoIt not written as such ( autoIT, etc. ), than that of my nick. :)

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

PSPad4AutoIt3 v2.0.0 beta (2021-04-16)

The time has come, the famous version 2.0 is here! 👍 In this case it's really a big version jump, PSPad4AutoIt3 (short: Pau3) has new features, many changes and improvements.

Pau3 is now fully portable. As noted in a forum posting, (thanks for pointing it out) 👍 it's not that special for the user, but it is for me. :) Because Pau3 is now independent of files outside its own folder. That means, for internal editor functions no more installing of additional programs is necessary and also no setup. - There is a zipped package, just unpack and go. 😎

Of course you need AutoIt3 if you want to run or compile scripts! ;) AutoIt3 is an external program, not included in the editor. If you don't have AutoIt3 installed, the DownloadHelper dialog helps: With a button click you can go to the AutoIt3 download web page or do a direct download. The download helper is called as soon as you start a function that requires AutoIt3, like "Run", "Compile", ...

There is now a separate AutoIt3 menu in the main menu of PSPad. This makes it easier to find AutoIt related settings and functions. There you can find e.g. "Tips and Shortcuts", "Register file types" or a setting option for "Tidy for Au3" (currently only as direct editing of Tidy.ini). Your favorite tools and AutoIt Script commands, like "Run", "Compile", ... can be placed in the Favorites panel, where they are then easily accessible.

The arrangement of the panel areas has been extended by Jan Fiala on my request, so that the Favorites as well as the CodeExplorer can be displayed in the right panel. You can now close the left panel completely and have more space for the code area and everything in view at the same time.

Info Favorites and CodeExplorer

Spoiler

In the Favorites you can put the functions you need most often, e.g. your favorite tools (FavTools) or your favorite AutoIt Script commands (FavScripts), like "Run", "Compile", ... to be able to reach them easily.

In CodeExplorer the routines of the script are displayed in the editor area, i.e. functions, procedures, variable declarations and PSPad's own labels (jump labels that can be clicked).

Both areas can be hidden, e.g. you could hide the Favorites to have more space for the CodeExplorer. At the moment this works by dragging and dropping the Favorites area into the left panel. Of course you can also hide both panels completely.

Screenshots

Spoiler

Shortcuts - The shortcuts are now set SciTE-like.

Register file types - in the PSPad main menu: "AutoIt3" / "Settings (AutoIt3)" / "Register file types"

Pau3 offers a dialog to register .au3 files very comfortable for PSPad. This gives you the possibility to open .au3 files in the explorer with a double click with PSPad. In addition, one can click "Open this script" in the AutoIt3 help to open the respective sample code directly with PSPad.

If you had installed SciTE before registering the .au3 files, you can undo the registration completely with the same dialog. The .au3 files are then registered for SciTE again.

About dialog - in PSPad main menu: "AutoIt3" / "Help" / "About PSPad4AutoIt3"

There is now a nice about dialog in "90s style". :) There you can see version infos of the Improvement Kit Scripts and you can find links with contact possibilities which you can click on.

Tidy for Au3 - an underestimated tool. Very useful e.g. if you open foreign code from the internet in the editor and press Alt+T => unreadable code has become well-formatted code. :graduated: Or if you insert foreign code and tabs are used there, but you want only spaces in your code: press Alt+T, ... And don't worry, there is an undo function if you don't like the result. :P

- Settings - Many users don't even know what all you can set for Tidy. For example, you can set the indentation width, that is, whether you want your code to be indented 2, 3, 4, or more spaces. If someone asks for it, I can add an automatic detection of the indentation width, which is based on the tab width.

- Output - Tidy can be run either with or without an output of the result in the console (LogWin).

- Backup folder - Tidy creates a backup file and a backup folder on each run. Many people find it annoying to find an additional backup folder in each script folder after using Tidy. Pau3 redirects the backups to a separate backup folder in the Pau3 folder. This keeps all script folders "clean".

CallTipViewer

- The CallTipViewer has now learned to recognize when the user writes an opening round bracket "(" after a function name, e.g. "MsgBox(". Then the CallTip is displayed automatically, independent of the keyboard layout.

- With OUDFs there is a small tooltip when pressing the shortcut to show the CallTip and the script is not saved.

Have fun trying it out, and remember the feedback ;)

Professor Bernd.

Download in the german forum PSPad4AutoIt3 (Editor IDE), end of post #1

Edited by Professor_Bernd