Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UEZ

Blank white page rendered only in embedded IE control

27 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi,

when I render a web page embedded in a GUI and the height of the ActiveX control is greater than 8192 pixel then the web page will be shown only as an empty white page.

#include <windowsconstants.au3>

$hGUI = GUICreate("", 1024, 600)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI)

$oIE = ObjCreate("Shell.Explorer.2")
$GUIActiveX = GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE, 0, 0, 1048, 8200)
Global Const $BrowserNavConstant = 2 + 128 + 256 + 512 + 4096 + 3276
$t = TimerInit()
With $oIE
    .Silent = True
    .FullScreen = True
    .Resizable = False
    .Visible = False
    .StatusBar = False
    .AddressBar = False
    .Navigate("www.stern.de", $BrowserNavConstant, "_top")
    Do
        Sleep(500)
        If .ReadyState = 4 Or TimerDiff($t) > 20000 Then ExitLoop
    Until False
    .Stop
EndWith

$oDocument = $oIE.document
$oBody = $oDocument.body
$oHtml = $oDocument.documentElement
$oBody.scroll = "no"
$oBody.style.borderStyle = "none"
$oBody.style.border = "0px"
$oHtml.style.overflow = 'hidden'

Do
Until GUIGetMsg() = -3

GUIDelete($hGUI)

Versions:

IE: 9.0.8112.1623

Autoit: 3.3.8.1 (running as x86)

No problems on Win8 (IE 10.0)

Can somebody confirm or even know why this happens?

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

This is what I'm getting.

Posted Image

Win32 XP

Things that I've done..

Icon Resource Editor: icon resource editor 

AutoIt Piano: a piano

AutoIt Unlocker: unlocks files when you want to delete them

Colorful tooltips: a wrapper for the tool tips UDF

Rouge GoogleBot: a full screen animation

ASciTE text editor: a text editor written in autoit

Warning: Posts by this user are subject to change or may disappear without notice.

If you can see something then it is working.

But for me the GUI is only blank.

Thanks for testing!

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

No problem, it sucks though how operation on 32bit and 64bit is sometimes unpredictable.

Edited by ApudAngelorum

Things that I've done..

Warning: Posts by this user are subject to change or may disappear without notice.

After i tested i have same result like ApudAngelorum

win32 XPsp3

All though the first 2 times it was only a blank page and the script ended alone (and is not a connection issue)

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif"] [/font]

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

I tested it on Vista x64 in my VM with IE v9.0 and same problem there.

What IE versions you are using?

As far as I can remember with IE 8 it had worked but I may be wrong.

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

UEZ i made a little search and found if it helps.

I tested it on Vista x64 in my VM with IE v9.0 and same problem there.

What IE versions you are using?

Br,

UEZ

UEZ i have installed IE 9

But i dont use it

UEZ i have installed IE 9

But i dont use it

I thought you said you were running XP? XP can't run IE9.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

No i dont use it

is IE9 preview

I have a set of Virtual Machines established which have an array of operating systems and browsers installed.

Also i have IETester with witch i can test IE10 preview, IE9, IE8, IE7 IE 6 and IE5.5 on Windows XP

#12 ·  Posted (edited)

Have in mind that the web page will be rendered when the height of the activex control is less than 8192!

I've choosen stern.de because the height of the site is larger than 8192 pixels.

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Have in mind that the web page will be rendered when the height of the activex control is less than 8192!

I've choosen stern.de because the height of the site is larger than 8192 pixels.

Br,

UEZ

I didn't knew that..

Any workaround on your issue?

#14 ·  Posted (edited)

I can see this issue in my Screenshooter tool and the workaround is to limit the height to 8192 pixels by accepting the cut off the web page at the buttom.

But do I have this problem only or is it a generell problem with IE9?

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

I see the same under Win7 x64 and IE9, if that helps you any.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

#16 ·  Posted (edited)

It confirms my presumption that this is an issue with IE9. Now I need the reason why the page gets blank when it is higher than 8192 pixels.

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

maybe if there was a method to set browser comparability mode for the operation.

Things that I've done..

The odd thing is that when you browse the site in IE normally there is no problem with it - only when embedded and using the object commands.

Br,

UEZ

I would recommend avoiding using the ObjCreateInterface with IE if you can. See my sig for alternatives what give the same visual effect, but use full browser instances.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

#20 ·  Posted (edited)

Thanks Dale, I will check your links in your signature whether I can adapt it into my tool.

Edit: I need to render the full web site without scroll bars to make a screenshot of it. The pseudo embedded solutions are unfortunately not usable for my purpose because of the scroll bars unless you can change that.

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ