Hi ;)

I am trying to embed an icon control and an AVI control in the status bar but the problem is they won't retain their transparency.

An example:

#include <GuiStatusBar.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

Global $WindowMain = GUICreate("Example", 351, 176, -1, -1)
GUISetBkColor( 0xDDDDDD, $WindowMain )
Global $Statusbar = _GUICtrlStatusBar_Create($WindowMain)
Global $Statusbar_PartsWidth[2] = [324, -1]
_GUICtrlStatusBar_SetParts($Statusbar, $Statusbar_PartsWidth)
_GUICtrlStatusBar_SetText($Statusbar, "", 0)
_GUICtrlStatusBar_SetText($Statusbar, "", 1)
_GUICtrlStatusBar_SetMinHeight($Statusbar, 20)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

$Icon = GUICtrlCreateIcon('ico.ico',-1,300,130,16,16) ;Icon on GUI
;Without this the icon will not be tranparent. No idea why.
GUICtrlSetState($icon, $GUI_SHOW)

$Icon2 = GUICtrlCreateIcon('ico.ico',-1,10,10,16,16)
_GUICtrlStatusBar_EmbedControl($Statusbar, 1, GUICtrlGetHandle($Icon2), 1+2)
; This has no effect. Icon has a white square around it
GUICtrlSetState($icon2, $GUI_SHOW)

$AVI = GUICtrlCreateAvi( 'avi.avi',0,250,130,16,16)
GUICtrlSetState( $AVI, 1 )

$AVI2 = GUICtrlCreateAvi( 'avi.avi',0,250,130,16,16)
GUICtrlSetState( $AVI2, 1 )
_GUICtrlStatusBar_EmbedControl($Statusbar, 0, GUICtrlGetHandle($AVI2), 1+2)

Global $GuiMsg
Do
$GuiMsg = GUIGetMsg()
Until $GuiMsg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

I've tried a couple of things like using _GUICtrlStatusBar_SetIcon() or GDIplus for icons and that works and the icons are transparent. As for the AVI, I tried faking a status bar by drawing some lines at the buttom of the window and that worked ok too, But I'd love to be able to use it with a real status bar.

example.zip

Welcome to the forums mvk25

A few things to try:

1 - Embedded UDF avi control: AVI Control gets background brush from statusbar (not themed but not as visible as your gui background colour)

2 - Embedded UDF avi control: Turn off themes for the statusbar - (control gets background brush from unthemed statusbar)

3 - Embedded native avi control: Turn off themes for the statusbar and set statusbar colour same as gui (control gets background brush from parent gui)

4 - Embedded native/UDF avi control: Get statusbar theme/system colour* and return brush in _WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC message handler

(udf avi control created with gui as parent, then made parent of statusbar, so we get a WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC message)

;*(issues with getting colour from themed statusbar and themes that have a background gradient in the statusbar - the default xp theme has a gradient themed statusbar)

5 - Embedded native/UDF avi control: write the themed background to a memdc, write to a bitmap and create a brush from it to return in _WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC message handler

(requires code to monitor theme change and create a new brush)

#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <GuiAVI.au3>
#include <GuiStatusBar.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

_example1()
_example2()
_example3()
Exit

Func _example1()
    Local $WindowMain = GUICreate("Example", 351, 176, -1, -1)
    GUISetBkColor(0xDDDDDD, $WindowMain)
    Local $Statusbar = _GUICtrlStatusBar_Create($WindowMain)
    Local $Statusbar_PartsWidth[2] = [324, -1]
    Local $hIcon = __GUICtrlStatusBar_SetIcon($Statusbar, 1, 0, 'ico.ico') ;the original udf destroys the icon handle
    Local $Icon = GUICtrlCreateIcon('ico.ico', -1, 300, 130, 16, 16) ;Icon on GUI - place before GUISetState
    Local $AVI = GUICtrlCreateAvi('avi.avi', 0, 250, 130, 16, 16)
    GUICtrlSetState($AVI, 1)
    Local $hAVI2 = _GUICtrlAVI_Create($WindowMain, 'avi.avi', -1, 154, 4, 16, 16)
    _GUICtrlStatusBar_EmbedControl($Statusbar, 0, $hAVI2, 1 + 2)
    _GUICtrlAVI_Play($hAVI2)
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
    Local $GuiMsg
    Do
        $GuiMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    _WinAPI_DestroyIcon($hIcon)
    Return
EndFunc   ;==>_example1

Func _example2()
    DllCall("UxTheme.dll", "int", "SetWindowTheme", "hwnd", $Statusbar, "wstr", 0, "wstr", 0)
    Local $hIcon = __GUICtrlStatusBar_SetIcon($Statusbar, 1, 0, 'ico.ico') ;the original udf destroys the icon handle
    Local $Icon = GUICtrlCreateIcon('ico.ico', -1, 300, 130, 16, 16) ;Icon on GUI - place before GUISetState
    GUICtrlSetState($AVI, 1)
    Local $hAVI2 = _GUICtrlAVI_Create($WindowMain, 'avi.avi', -1, 154, 4, 16, 16)
    _GUICtrlAVI_Play($hAVI2)
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
    Local $GuiMsg
    Do
        $GuiMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Return
EndFunc   ;==>_example1

Func _example3()
    DllCall("UxTheme.dll", "int", "SetWindowTheme", "hwnd", $Statusbar, "wstr", 0, "wstr", 0)
    _GUICtrlStatusBar_SetBkColor($Statusbar, 0xDDDDDD)
    GUICtrlSetState($AVI, 1)
    Local $AVI2 = GUICtrlCreateAvi('avi.avi', 0, 154, 4, 16, 16)
    Local $hAVI2 = GUICtrlGetHandle(-1)
    GUICtrlSetState($AVI2, 1)
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
    Local $GuiMsg
    Do
        $GuiMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Return
EndFunc   ;==>_example2

Func __GUICtrlStatusBar_SetIcon($hWnd, $iPart, $iIcon = 0, $sIconFile = "")
    Local $tIcon = DllStructCreate("handle")
    Local $vResult = DllCall("shell32.dll", "uint", "ExtractIconExW", "wstr", $sIconFile, "int", $iIcon, "ptr", 0, "struct*", $tIcon, "uint", 1)
    If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, False)
    $vResult = $vResult[0]
    If $vResult > 0 Then $vResult = _SendMessage($hWnd, $SB_SETICON, $iPart, DllStructGetData($tIcon, 1), 0, "wparam", "handle")
    Return DllStructGetData($tIcon, 1)
EndFunc   ;==>__GUICtrlStatusBar_SetIcon
Edited by rover

I see fascists...

• 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chimp
      (This example uses a "flash" animation and therefore needs the "flash player" to work. Since "flash player" is discontinued and no longer present on many systems, this script may not work. I have therefore prepared a new script which does not use flash, but is based only on javascript. You can find it in this new post: www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206853-aquarium)
      If you set within a window, a given color as transparent, every area of that window painted with that color, act as an hole through wich you can see what's behind, and click on what's behind as well.
      What's funny is that if you embed a browser control within that window, the "transparent" color works even within the browser! This allow some interesting effects by simply opening any of the many javascript animations, or css effects or whatever within a browser control embedded into a GUI:
      Here, for example, is a simple effect of fishes swimming around on the screen.
      For lazyness I have embedded an ready made swf flash by a link to the web, but is of course possible embed any web page with javascripts css or whatever.....
      Have fun
      #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <Misc.au3> ; for _IsPressed (23 END key) Local $hDLL = DllOpen("user32.dll"), $oIE = ObjCreate("Shell.Explorer.2") Local $hBackground = GUICreate("", @DesktopWidth, @DesktopHeight, 0, 0, $WS_POPUPWINDOW, $WS_EX_LAYERED + $WS_EX_TOPMOST) Local $AlphaKey = 0xF0F7FF ; everything with color $AlphaKey within this window will be transparent ; even if within an embedded browser control!..... _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes($hBackground, $AlphaKey, 0, $LWA_COLORKEY) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hBackground) $hIE = GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE, 0, 0, @DesktopWidth, @DesktopHeight) ; <- embedd $oIE in the AutoIt GUI GUISetBkColor($AlphaKey, $hBackground) ; $AlphaKey $hBackground transparent $oIE.navigate('http://cdn.abowman.com/widgets/fish/fish.swf') ; $oIE.navigate('http://cdn.abowman.com/widgets/spider/spider.swf') ; a spider goes around on the screen .... ; !! to use the spider.swf, you need to set $AlphaKey = 0xffffff on line 7 "! While True If _IsPressed("23", $hDLL) Then ExitLoop ; END key was pressed Sleep(250) WEnd $oIE = "" $hDLL = "" GUIDelete($hBackground)  
    • By Chimp
      This script is an alternative (improvement) to the script published at this link (www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/186225-interesting-effect-with-transparency). In that post a flash animation was used and therefore you need the flash player to work, while here only javascript is used.
      Here, too, the aim is to show an interesting effect that can be obtained by exploiting transparency, but can also be used as it is just for fun.
      The animation consists of some fish wandering around the screen. You can continue working on the computer by letting them swim.
      The javascript source was not written by me, but I got it from this link: https://github.com/lrusso/Aquarium. I shrunk it down a bit and tweaked it so that fish can swim across the entire screen even with different sized monitors.
      The fish images and html and javascript sources have been bundled into a single "monolithic" AutoIt script, so it's easier to run.
      I hope you find it relaxing.
      Have fun
      fishMonolitic.zip
    • By UEZ
      I'm searching for a way to set an icon for a system menu entry in the console window. I can add / remove entries but I didn't find a way to set an icon for the entry I made.
      Example:
      #AutoIt3Wrapper_Change2CUI=y #include <GDIPlus.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GuiMenu.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> Global $id_Test = 5000 Global $hConsole = HWnd(DllCall("kernel32.dll", "hwnd", "GetConsoleWindow")[0]) If Not $hConsole Then Exit HotKeySet("{ESC}", "_Exit") Global $hSysmenu = _GUICtrlMenu_GetSystemMenu($hConsole) Global $iCount = _GUICtrlMenu_GetItemCount ($hSysmenu) _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem($hSysmenu, $iCount, "Test", $id_Test) _GDIPlus_Startup() $hBitmap_GDI = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromMemory(_Test(), True) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $hBitmap_GDI = ' & $hBitmap_GDI & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console $hBmp1 = _WinAPI_CreateSolidBitmap($hConsole, 0xFF0000, 16, 16) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $hBmp1 = ' & $hBmp1 & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console $hBmp2 = _WinAPI_CreateSolidBitmap($hConsole, 0x00FF00, 16, 16) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $hBmp2 = ' & $hBmp2 & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console ;ConsoleWrite(_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemBmp($hSysmenu, $id_Test, $hBitmap_GDI, False) & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemBitmaps($hSysmenu, $id_Test, $hBmp1, $hBmp2, False) & ", " & @error & @CRLF) ;_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemBmp($hSysmenu, $id_Test, 8, False) ;set the default close icon _GDIPlus_Shutdown() Do Sleep(1000) Until False Func _Exit() ConsoleWrite("Bye..." & @CRLF) _GUICtrlMenu_DeleteMenu ($hSysmenu, $id_Test, False) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hBitmap_GDI) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hBmp1) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hBmp2) Exit EndFunc ;Code below was generated by: 'File to Base64 String' Code Generator v1.20 Build 2020-06-05 Func _Test($bSaveBinary = False, $sSavePath = @ScriptDir) Local $Test $Test &= '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' $Test &= 'qdfrRmutJp6e4q+tKsbYs3in7+7r65OhoSE9MzNjkiRBt9ttkiRxjTHkcjl3bGxMPYhjSdP0rLvdLt1uF9d1BcDzPHdyclL0yspKuLGxcT0IgkeKxaINgsADXBFxAefEQB4ImNT3/W4Yhk6z2awtLy9H/wPnrsNEnFPl4QAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==' Local $bString = _WinAPI_Base64Decode($Test) If @error Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) $bString = Binary($bString) If $bSaveBinary Then Local Const $hFile = FileOpen($sSavePath & "\AutoSave_16x16_04.png", 18) If @error Then Return SetError(2, 0, $bString) FileWrite($hFile, $bString) FileClose($hFile) EndIf Return $bString EndFunc ;==>_Test Func _WinAPI_Base64Decode($sB64String) Local $aCrypt = DllCall("Crypt32.dll", "bool", "CryptStringToBinaryA", "str", $sB64String, "dword", 0, "dword", 1, "ptr", 0, "dword*", 0, "ptr", 0, "ptr", 0) If @error Or Not $aCrypt[0] Then Return SetError(1, 0, "") Local $bBuffer = DllStructCreate("byte[" & $aCrypt[5] & "]") $aCrypt = DllCall("Crypt32.dll", "bool", "CryptStringToBinaryA", "str", $sB64String, "dword", 0, "dword", 1, "struct*", $bBuffer, "dword*", $aCrypt[5], "ptr", 0, "ptr", 0) If @error Or Not $aCrypt[0] Then Return SetError(2, 0, "") Return DllStructGetData($bBuffer, 1) EndFunc ;==>_WinAPI_Base64Decode  
      You must compile and run it to see the menu entry in the console window.

Any idea?
    • By XGamerGuide
      I'm trying to display a GIF. However, the GUI should not be visible. Here is an attempt that doesn't work:
      $sGIF = "MyGIF.gif" #Include <IE.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <WINAPI.au3> #include <SendMessage.au3> Global Const $SC_DRAGMOVE = 0xF012 HotKeySet("{ESC}", "_Exit") $hGui = GUICreate("Test", 400, 300, -1, -1, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_LAYERED) GUISetBkColor(0xABCDEF) $oIE = _IECreateEmbedded() GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE, 10, 10, 380, 280) _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes($hGUI, 0xABCDEF, 250) _IENavigate($oIE, $sGIF) GUISetState() While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYDOWN _SendMessage($hGUI, $WM_SYSCOMMAND, $SC_DRAGMOVE, 0) EndSwitch WEnd Func _Exit() Exit  
    • By Jemboy
      Recently I was working on a script with icons using GuiCtrkCreatIcon.
      I decided to change the sub folder name of the icons to a more meaning name, however made a typo.

I tested the .exe on my test computer and it worked flawlessly (because both icon folder where on my test computer) 😁
      But after I installed the script on the intended computers , I got chaos!😵
      Zooming into the problem, I discovered, that because the icons could not be found, the ControlID were returned with a value of 0
      and thus played havoc within the GuiGetMsg() switch/case statement.
      I have been able to reproduce this  (see example)
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> ;============================================================================================================ ; PLEASE, do not save this example in the example folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Examples\Helpfile ;============================================================================================================ Example() Func Example() GUICreate(" My GUI Icons", 250, 250) $Icon1 = GUICtrlCreateIcon("shell32.dll", 10, 20, 20) $Icon2 = GUICtrlCreateIcon(@ScriptDir & '\Extras\horse.ani', -1, 20, 40, 32, 32) $Icon3 = GUICtrlCreateIcon("shell32.dll", 7, 20, 75, 32, 32) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) ;$Icon2 = -1 ; ==> When this line is uncommented the script "works", so -1 could be a potential fix. ; Loop until the user exits. While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop Case $Icon2 Beep (500,500) EndSwitch WEnd GUIDelete() EndFunc ;==>Example If you save the above script outside the Autoit example folder and run it, it will keep beeping because GuiCtrlCreatIcon did not find horse.ani and return $Icon2=0.
      At the moment GUICtrlCreateIcon () only returns the conntrolID on success and 0 on failure.
      I would like to propose a return of -1 on failure, so a existing and working script won't go awry when the icon can not be found.